It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Of course not, as I can't prove the weatherman isn't standing in front of a large weather map or Superman isn't actually flying in the sky. But I know how the effect is achieved.

It is not convenient at all for a TV team to shoot at the edge of a building. Most certainly, the background footage is inserted behind McNaught. It's easier than preparing a set for an actual shooting, it's a standard practice.
Here, the use of a fan might be considered controversial though.

I am fairly sure McNaught is in Tripoli, I never said the contrary. The report might be genuine even with the use of chroma keying, I have already underlined it while pointing to the use of chroma key, obvious to me.

It may be useful for people to know that footages are routinely edited or "enhanced" for cost rationalization, practical reasons or else. Once one knows that, it possibly becomes less difficult to envisage some footages or pics might be entirely doctored.

The means exist and are regularly in use.

No one has raised a doubt that the "Scud in Brega" shown in this thread is an utter fabrication and a deliberate misuse and diversion of frames put up with a deceptive commentary.

To be able to believe the will exist to further manipulate the news is a matter of experience with the observation of MSM news I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Not been cought,doesnt mean they dont fake.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

The question I ask myself is why isn't she down on the ground speaking to the people. Why the need to do this?

Because the crowd is noisy and it would be difficult to find a place to report from perhaps? It is not uncommon to see a reporter do their reporting from a distance.

I'm not saying for sure this is fake, but I'm not convinced it's authentic either.

I also see long lengths of green fabric being held by the crowd, which is what Ghadaffi supporters carry.

Those long banners are in the colors of the original Libyan flag - red, black and green.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The question I ask myself is why isn't she down on the ground speaking to the people. Why the need to do this?

[...]

I also see long lengths of green fabric being held by the crowd, which is what Ghadaffi supporters carry.

Yes, a few comments can be made about the video.
Sorry, I will digress too.

Maybe because green is the color of Islam. I think it's clear by now that most Libyan rebels are islamists. This is the crazy bunch, "we, the West" are supporting in Libya...

The report is introduced by the anchor by the words "I believe this is being called the Million Women March, what is going on ?"
McNaught clarifies : "Well it's a family night, not just the women. The evening has been organised principally for the women because Lybians know that they are a voice that is heard less. But it's also a night of solidarity between the genders, the women have come out to say thank you to the men for all they did to liberate the country".
Further : "And it's a family night as women of all ages, married, single, as small children and their husbands and their brothers" etc etc...

Lyricism, how beautiful ! I almost wept.

4 out 5 people in the vid are grown men.
I have spot 3 small children all in the same shot.
The commentary doesn't match the video. It's a technique, the narration influences the perception and understanding of the images.

Before Kadhafi, Lybia was archaic, traditionalist, under developed and generally backward.
The chief of a religious order, the Sanussi, was made the leader of Libya.
A small bit on the Sanussis for those interested.
Between 1918 and 1922, nowadays Libya was named Republic of Tripolitaine, the first Islamic republic in history.
In 1969, Kadhafi deposed King Idris, king of Libya and chief of the Sanussi.

Before Kadhafi, women had the rights women have under a strong traditionalist Islamic rule meaning they didn't count like in, say, Saudi Arabia.
Kadhafi made education for girls mandatory. The nowadays Libyan woman is educated and has access to university. Libya has made huge social advances.

I believe the rebels are somewhat related to the Sanussi or, at least, are a religious bunch.
It looks like the revolution in Egypt again. The Libyan rebels came from the east, from the egyptian border and there were reports they were supplied with arms by Egypt with the knowledge of the US.
Kadhafi is heading an autoritharian regime because he is trying to counter strong influential traditionalist islamic tribes. It's similar to Mubarak in Egypt though in Egypt the situation and equilibrium of forces is even more complex. This is not an apology for anything, just my stance on this.

The idea the rebels would support a women march or that the majority of women would welcome the rebels is ridiculous, they are installing a traditionalist Islamic power.

The Million Women March reference reminded me of this. It was after Mubarak's fall. Another falsification.
Mubarak was fighting the religous traditionalists in Egypt. Look for Mubarak and genital excision. Mubarak's wife who has a Welsh mother is famous for leading a movement against excision. They have encountered strong resistance. This is the reality of popular opinions in Egypt.

We are not supporting the side with the closest social views to ours, this is the lie.

You are right, wcitizen.
Ideally, you'd expect reporters to interview people in the streets more and let them express their feelings. That seems the natural thing to do if you are on the spot. We are not surprised anymore it's not so. Instead, we have a chest digesting and repeating for us what he/she has assembled and understood.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Those long banners are in the colors of the original Libyan flag - red, black and green.

You are right, the black stripe is visible in the first shot.

It's not exactly the original Libyan flag. This flag was used under the Kingdom of Libya which lasted less than 20 years.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

You are right, the black stripe is visible in the first shot.

It's not exactly the original Libyan flag. This flag was used under the Kingdom of Libya which lasted less than 20 years.

Yes, there are Libyan flags, but there are also long lengths of green fabric, which are only green and not flags. This may be because it represents Islam, I don't know.

I havve doubts about whether the images of the crowd were filmed when they say they were. For me smething isn't adding up.

edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Manouche, thank you so much for that fascinating potted history.

It's not difficult to see how such minority groups are vulnerable to exploitation by an external power wanting to provoke internal conflict and instablity.

It's like a domino effect. Having achieved influence in Egypt, that influence can in turn be used to exploit a vulnerable minority in the next country, and so on. Next is Syria, where it seems similar strategies are already being used - including fake videos and media disinformation.

Mubarak was demonised.
Ghadaffi was demonised.
The Syrian president is being demonised.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

It's a technique, the narration influences the perception and understanding of the images.

Exactly. The images don't inform the message, the message must be reinforced by the images, and the audience perception of the visuals. Hence the use of doctored and fake images. The visuals must reinforce the propaganda.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yes, there are Libyan flags, but there are also long lengths of green fabric, which are only green and not flags. This may be because it represents Islam, I don't know.

It would have been a very bad idea to wave an all green flag/banner/whatever in that crowd.

I havve doubts about whether the images of the crowd were filmed when they say they were. For me smething isn't adding up.

What a surprise
May I ask why?

edit on 3-9-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As TPTB get more desperate they are going to continue using dirty trick like these and others. Be open minded and dont let the MSM force things down your throat.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

looks like you lack history no they arent the flag is a pre colonial flags of kingdom of libya by the king idrs royal western king family, they have been a puppet to the western colonialism of after WW2 Era 1950s-1940s back then those faimlies allowed the creation of four american bases inside libya.

Well the rest of the libyans people were suffering from poverty created by the west in there own country.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Heres more Staged news created by the TPTB i thought it would be best posting here then making it as a new thread.

Libyan team wins in 1st game since fall of Gadhafi

Now what happend with the pro Gadhafis soccer players? they got replaced by the rebels

Most of Libya's players were from Benghazi, which fell to the rebels early in the uprising that began in February.

Where did the game took place?

The game was moved to Egypt because of the fighting in Libya. There were no fans in the stadium because of security concerns.

What a coincidence a game taking in place in egypt among all places of africa? and just what did happen in egypt last year? thats right a revolution and with John McCain opening the egyptian markets.

What a strange coincidence and somehow the rebel players own there game since the fall of Gadhafi? the elites are sure desperate, as seen in the news artlice

There were no fans in the stadium because of security concerns.

Thats no soccer game then, a soccer game isnt a soccer game if you dont have fans cheering you on, and i wonder when they mean by security concerns i guess that means Green libya team still has more support then rebels libya soccer team.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
First of all do you have any evidence that there were pro Gaddaffi players to begin with? Is there any evidence there were replacements like you claim? Article says no such things. Also why it was fought in Egypt. Look at the map of africa and then wonder about that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This video is the Israeli protests Sept 3rd.

What do we see here ?

They say it's the biggest protest in Israeli history ....
why such little coverage and controversy ?
are the organizers the same as other countries ????
Is the "big picture" the same ?

Biggest rally in Israel's history presses PM (Reuters)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Declassified: Massive Israeli Manipulation of US Media Exposed.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ghadaffi - In his own words about the people ruling themselves.

edit on 4-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Please wcitizen, provide at least some information of why these youtube videos you keep posting are relevant to the topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Not only do I find this video interesting, but also the comments beneath it on the youtube site.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Please wcitizen, provide at least some information of why these youtube videos you keep posting are relevant to the topic.

What right have you ASSUMED that makes hyou believe you are in a position to tell people what and how to post? We have the self-appointed.thread police here.

Please stop harrassing me, your intention is very obvious.
edit on 4-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join