Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

While I have no problem with realizing that media SLANTS the news one way or another....a hoax of this size could never be pulled off. There are too many people in that city that have English speaking relatives....or heck, there's undoubtedly locals blogging about this. Did you see the report from the blogger that lived in the neighborhood that Osama came from, and gave a detailed account of everything he saw? I know it's not the same country but my point is, that just because these guys all look like unsophisticated third worlder's to a Westerner's eye, doesn't mean that they are.....They can find ways to get on the Internet, and they can find ways to communicate with the Western World....if the media was lying about something this huge, everyone with the ability to call them out on it, would be doing so right now. Trying to fake something this large is pretty much impossible in the information age.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Are you asking me to believe that the entire news is fake just because 2 images of an entire complex, of an entire city, do not match? Mind you, without confirmation that it is the same exact location?

I call Busted. On this thread.

No, I'm asking you to consider it,and what it means, and do some of your own research to confirm or deny it for yourself.
edit on 25-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

That's some pretty weak evidence for such a bold claim. The apparent lack of decorations on the wall might be due to compression artifacts. Any chance you could provide a link to the Al Jazeera clip in question so I can judge for myself? I found this but it doesn't show what we see in the OP. Thanks.

The girl reporter looks out of proportion.

Some of the sound seems out of sync too !

I think she's standing in a studio in front of a background screen.

The older man interviewed later looks proportional.

and She is all dressed up,

the soldiers in the background have no helmuts or armour !!!!

link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Yea. it's not like it's been not proven before. :/

Pretty much, the only ones I have ever seen blatantly lying without care, has been Fox. With the rare occasion of CNN.

This is an entire city we are talking about. And unless I see confirmation that it is the precise same location, I see no reason to believe this thread.

link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

While I have no problem with realizing that media SLANTS the news one way or another....a hoax of this size could never be pulled off. There are too many people in that city that have English speaking relatives....or heck, there's undoubtedly locals blogging about this. Did you see the report from the blogger that lived in the neighborhood that Osama came from, and gave a detailed account of everything he saw? I know it's not the same country but my point is, that just because these guys all look like unsophisticated third worlder's to a Westerner's eye, doesn't mean that they are.....They can find ways to get on the Internet, and they can find ways to communicate with the Western World....if the media was lying about something this huge, everyone with the ability to call them out on it, would be doing so right now. Trying to fake something this large is pretty much impossible in the information age.

That's the kind of thinking they rely on.

link   

That's difficult to do with a warzone, and google images probably being out dated.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yea. it's not like it's been not proven before. :/

Pretty much, the only ones I have ever seen blatantly lying without care, has been Fox. With the rare occasion of CNN.

This is an entire city we are talking about. And unless I see confirmation that it is the precise same location, I see no reason to believe this thread.

Just a City eh?

NASA did the MOON.

So did Stanley Kuberick..

edit on 25-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That's difficult to do with a warzone, and google images probably being out dated.

You haven't tried yet, lol! There is lots available on the interent if you choose to look.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yea, and I guess we're still getting transmissions from that studio in the desert then. k.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yea, and I guess we're still getting transmissions from that studio in the desert then. k.

Yeah I think theyre reflecting off Uranus.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Or, I could just use some common sense and say that no news station would give a damn enough to go to these lengths when they could just not report it at all. I mean technically the first media source to support Ron Paul would probably rake in hundreds of millions in viewer and advertisement money.

Fact is fact. People don't go out of their way to report unimportant news, and Libya is unimportant, compared to the growing cries of revolution in India, China, and America.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Id rather the world was bought closer together under one world government then divided under 50+ dictators fighting each other for an eternity over resources that could be share equally & fairly, if they would just all work as one we could be looking elsewhere to support the ever growing populations

Time to face facts this is a step closer to that day

Imagine the combined space programs, no need to fight over scarce resources now, when there is entire endless planets/moons to mine

mock up news set or not, i'm all for it.. and the faster the better, Gaddafi is just one obstruction in the way of achieving this

Bring on the NWO

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Dude.

Just facepalm. It's that simple.

You shouldn't insult your fellow posters.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it.I have seen a few videos of CNN for example,faking news casts. One of which was during the gulf war.They were acting like they were outside and under attack...But they were just on a stage!

How is that legal? How can they call themselves news and do this? When will they just admit they are nothing more than entertainment shows about the news?

You know you are in trouble when a comedy show ( The Daily Show) Makes more sense than the "real" news.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Dude.

Just facepalm. It's that simple.

You shouldn't insult your fellow posters.

Where's the insult? I simply said the transmission was bouncing off a planet .

I didn't name the planet, some clown astronomer named William Herschel

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Come on, you REALLY think if theyre gonna stage something as massive as this, theyre gonna screw up using flags of ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Its 5:30, pill line is starting to form up, get in line

It looks like they did.

I went to .53 seconds. DARN TOOTIN!!! INDIA FLAG!

"Wave (wag) The Dog"?

The Libyan flag is obviously different. the crescent isn't near as pronounced as the Indian wheel.

Kicker is....why? Like you said, why go to the trouble of all this and then flub it up?

arrogance or weirdness.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Well, the picture on the right is rather elongated, and the picture at the bottom is rather squashed, so it would be difficult to gauge any discrepancy in the dimensions from those two photos.

I think the absence of palm trees is irrelevant, as they are only seen in the bottom picture. Have you seen the cars in that picture ?! The photo was probably taken before Gaddafi took power.

This is probably a better angle to accurately compare to the Al-Jazeera footage:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by wcitizen

Well, the picture on the right is rather elongated, and the picture at the bottom is rather squashed, so it would be difficult to gauge any discrepancy in the dimensions from those two photos.

I think the absence of palm trees is irrelevant, as they are only seen in the bottom picture. Have you seen the cars in that picture ?! The photo was probably taken before Gaddafi took power.

This is probably a better angle to accurately compare to the Al-Jazeera footage:

Ever heard of Photoshop or similar to correct the squashed images to be correct for comparison again?

PS: Palm trees take a little longer to grow than cars.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You know your wrong, you don't want to admit it? Ok. That's off topic. But it's there, for all the viewers to see.

Now if you want to walk along and assume the moon landing was a hoax, when in reality, even the Germans in WW2 probably could have pulled it off if they dedicated 3 years of research to it, then be my guest. Meanwhile in reality, real men and women spent a decade having the stress of the death of a president and looming global nuclear annihilation, and a huge war, actually doing real things with their lives, such as getting a man to the moon. Now if you want to go and say that nationally organized efforts over nearly a decade resulted in Nasa saying "aw f*ck it, let's just do it in the desert", be my guest. i'll be more than happy to see your proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thought this might interest you.

Looking for when the troops were met at the beach by the US media. I think it Somalia.

Not kidding. I remember watching it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join