It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Star or Flag a Post

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Over the past few days I've seen several people admit that they don't know how to star OR flag a post.... I do tend to star posts that I agree with or find really funny, others don't but lots of people simply don't seem to know how to...

So its quite easy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44f154375d86.jpeg[/atsimg]

In the image I've posted Ive already flagged the thread so its in red and I have the option to 'un-flag' but in a thread you have yet to flag that box will be blue and simply state 'flag'

Just click them.

I tend to star statements I agree with and flag threads I think is well written and/or is worth while reading....

Edit to Add.... you can't star posts in this forum so dont fret about the missing star icon on this post!
edit on 25/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Can't star your post, but I flagged it for bringing this to the attention of our newer members.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Don't forget to mention that flags add exposure to the thread; so if you feel others should see it, flagging will ensure the thread doesn't get buried (so fast) .

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks!
I have been trying to figure out how to flag a post since I joined ATS.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Don't forget to mention that flags add exposure to the thread; so if you feel others should see it, flagging will ensure the thread doesn't get buried (so fast) .

cant star your post here
lol (oh the irony) but yes very good point!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

your welcome
Ive seen a lot of posts lately with long term members saying they dont know how to flag or star a post.... Its not just the new members that are having problems!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I realize this thread is old, but I can't think of a more appropriate place to ask my question. I seem to be unable to flag posts, the "flag post" button appears as an empty black box for me. I've even tried clicking the empty box multiple times, which doesn't do anything.

Reference:
tinypic.com...

Any idea what's going on here? Thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jewdiful

Yes, you need to make 20 posts before you can start and/or flag a thread.

edit on 26-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
just remember my name and star anything i post.

it's ok and legal.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
Thanks!
I have been trying to figure out how to flag a post since I joined ATS.

Aw, you should have asked some one. We don't bite..... Well, okay...some of us do....But...we don't have rabies, I swear

Seriously though, if anyone one has any questions, you are all more than welcome to send me a U2U... ask away

I am happy to help. Click here and U2U away!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thank you! I had a feeling that was the case, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I must be super dumb, or its my computer, because I still can't get it to flag something I want to follow..

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
WHen I try to flag I cant mine is a black box not a red one... whhy is that?
nvm i know why now lolxD
edit on 28-8-2011 by KingUsbeorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by jewdiful

Yes, you need to make 20 posts before you can start and/or flag a thread.

edit on 26-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

This is a great reply and should be added to the OP. I, too, have been cut out of the "flag" option and when I asked someone, they forgot to mention how many posts were required. I'm not far off, though [still be a fresh member here].

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshNugget

shame I cant add to it now, my editing time is over

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was pretty curious about the whole not-being-able-to-flag-stuff business myself. This thread helped me out though!
It also has me coming back for kind of the same reason, not being able to find an explanation elsewhere.
I was wondering how the whole star tallying system works. I've receive 5 stars between 3 posts but my profile insists I have 3 stars collectively. No big deal, but i'd like to know how the system works. I've seen a bunch of users with more than double stars than they have posts...I got nothin'. Much thanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

edit on 5-9-2011 by BernardShakey because: Ugh. My first "double post". My bad, guess that's what happens when you press "reply" twice? I didn't think it was loading at first.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BernardShakey

I just starred one of your posts (that did not have a star) and your star count changed, so doesn't seem to be a glitch, though a glitch it must be... Sorry, don't have a better explanation.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

[ space allotted for a Matrix joke concerning glitches. ]
Judging from your response, the tally is supposed to count every little blue star, eh? At first I was wondering if once you get one star for a post...you need a few more stars on the same post to get another star tallied up on the mini-profile. Obviously, that doesn't make any sense either.

Anyways, I really appreciate you looking into the matter for me! Your star more than makes up for the 2 glitchies ;D

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is a question I have: Why can you "star", "subscribe to" or "reply to" a post before having a minimum of 20 posts, but you cannot "flag" the post? Seems like all of these things are tools to help a post gain popularity, so why is flagging different than the other things in terms of having to have a certain number of posts? Wouldn't the potential for abuse by new members be the same for all of these options?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join