It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird dream about a shapeshifter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A little background before I get to the dream! I live in the far north, in a town called Yellowknife, in Canada. We have a large aboriginal population, (I am Native American) that include Native Americans (Canadians if you want) and as well as Inuit (or Eskimo for the ignorant). There is this old Inuit man (he may be around 50 years old) up here and he is homeless! When I was younger, he was always walking around drunk and high out of his mind, talking in a really gruff and grisly voice, screaming Inuit words at the top of his lungs all the time! We called him the "Crazy Polar Bear" when we were younger. To be honest, when I was really young he kind of scared me. He is still around, still the same, but I ain't scared of him anymore, but now I just feel sorry for him. I hadn't seen him in like three years before this dream.

Anyway, to the dream. A few months ago I was having a really weird dream, and I was at my uncles old house, but for some reason in my dream it was his sister's (my aunt's) place, and a bunch of my family on my mom's side were there! It seemed like a good time, we were all laughing and talking and eating some caribou meat (YUM!!) and all was pleasant! My aunt decides to put on the TV and see what is on. She is switching channels, and all of a sudden the old homeless Inuit guy shows up on the screen, no one really notices, but my aunt tries to switch the channel and he won't go away. He seems to be looking at all of us in the room, like he can see us. So my aunt gets everyone's attention and makes us all look at him. I get an uneasy feeling about this and tell her to turn off the TV. But she can't! As soon as she hits the off button, the old Inuit man starts to scream at the top of his lungs, then the whole world seems to shake as he screams! Everyone starts to get scared, so I run over and unplug the TV. As soon as I do, the old man gets really angry and starts to shake his head really fast while making loud noises like
growling and grunting, and I can see his face get really wrinkled like an old, old man, like he's ninety! We are all scared and can't do anything about it, and he starts to laugh!

All of a sudden he starts to shake his head again, and he shapeshifts into like some kind of striped faced being, that sort of reminds me of zebra stripes on his face, and he starts to scream again! No one can anything and I think that it must be the end of the World. Then I wake up sweating and disoriented and happy that I am back in the real world again!

Two days later, that same old man decided to get drunk across the street from my place, on the steps of a church, and of course once he got drunk he started screaming at the top of his lungs! I never felt so unnerved from another person before this!

edit on (25/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Very strange dream. Oddly enough I have had a dream involving one of my town drunks, who is also Inuit and the father of a good friend of mine.

The dream started out like this - A random handful of friends all sitting at a big circular table. The theme is that, I have to watch their eyes, because something is possessing them. The only way to tell is through their eyes, because they would change from normal to "evil".

Every time someone's eyes would change, they would grab a nearby object and try to hurt the person next to them. So I am running around this table, trying to keep them from hurting each other. All the while, this "entity" is mocking me.

Keep in mind this was very lucid, and I remember specifically trying to wake myself up from this dream. I get so fed up with the dream, that I sit down at the table again. To the right of me is the old Inuit man, and his eyes change from drunk to "evil". I begin to yell at him, cussing him out, saying I'm done playing this [SNIP SNIP x3] game.

The next day, my friend (the son of the old man) tells all of us that his dad had to be flown by helicopter to the nearest city. He had woken up to an emergency. I cannot remember what the problem was, but it was very sudden that very next morning.

I told the son of the old man about the dream, who prides himself savvy about dreams - said that I had to make a choice who I wanted to be harmed. Since I wouldn't choose, and instead tried to fight the dream, the entity chose the weakest person: his father.

I've told the old man this too two weeks after he came back from the hospital. All he did was laugh, saying demons have been jealous of him for years.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Seems kind of eerie that you chose to read my thread, with so much similarities of your dream to mine! My title says nothing about dreaming of an evil Inuit person......makes me wonder! Maybe this old man is a father of one of my Inuit friends too, and I was just never told!

I also think about how a lot of Inuits (at least where I am) have been born and raised on the land! Maybe they are more spiritually inclined because of their close ties with the land! I don't know, maybe I'm just ranting!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes, absolutely. My notion is that, because they are more spiritually opened compared to most cultures - that mixed with alcohol can let in some pretty negative energy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Whoa!!

You just blew my mind!! I never thought about how the mixing of alcohol would affect their spiritual levels and such! Thank you for giving your insight!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Of course, I honestly believe this is the case. When looking into these things, every answer brings for twenty more questions. So, if you happen to keep researching this, please put all your findings in this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

That's interesting I have similar dreams, less weird but in a way mysterious.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

Really, how so?

top topics

join