It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Reviews........"The Help" and "Fright Night"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I probably wouldn't have gone to see "Fright Night" but I was a background extra in it and wanted to see myself again on the big screen. I never did. But I was pleasantly surprised by this film. It was entertaining as hell. Funny, clever script, good characters, good direction and acting and enough scary scenes to keep you interested.
A great way to spend part of an afternoon.
and 1/3

"The Help" is one of those movies that sticks with you. Perhaps it's the emotional content. I love period pieces because they are so hard to produce well. But this film should be destined for an Oscar. Everything about it was near perfect in bringing back what it was like in the South in the 50s early 60s.

Don't miss it!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The Help looked like the ultimate race-baiting, feel good if you're black, feel like **** if you're white, kind of summer hit. In the previews they have white people looking like idiots, and black people being smarter than them but still being exploited by them. How can a film like that do anything but purvey racism? That being said, I did not see the film, but that is what I picked up from the many previews and would love to hear if I'm right or wrong by someone who saw the film so please let me know.

I love horror movies, if you want a funny, goofy, laid-back horror film you should definitely check out My Soul To Take, it was awesome.
edit on 25-8-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have absolutely no interest in seeing "The Help". And I was hesitant when I heard about a "Fright Night" remake, but the previews do look good. I will probably check it out when it comes to DVD.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I doubt The Help will do well in the UK and the trailer I saw on tv for Fright Night seemed to mainly focus on David Tennant since he's fairly well known over here now thanks to Doctor Who (I still think his best acting was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire though, really did seem insane)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I saw "fright night" tonight and it was awesome.I really enjoyed it and i recommend it to everyone.
David Tennant is a fantastic actor and the reason i saw it(i'm not a big fan of remakes).

Sadly i missed the Chris Sarandon cameo....

On the other hand DON'T see Conan,it was boring.They only thing i enjoyed in this film was Jason Momoa(if you know what i mean
)

Originally posted by curious7 (I still think his best acting was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire though, really did seem insane)

Did you see him on Hamlet?He was amazing.
The man is one of the greatest actors of our times.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I didn't unfortunately, wanted to go see him in Hamlet live in theatre but missed that boat. Shame too.

What's even more of a shame is his typecasting in the media for one or two roles when he's so versatile.

new topics

top topics

join