It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Stats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is an official count of UFO sightings and crop circles worldwide per year ?

I have the idea that the number of this kind of phenomena has been increasing year after year and would be interesting if we could have these stats.

Found this on wikipedia but didn`t find any graphic with this kind of data:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: Changed title from all caps

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Here you go...no need to thank me

Unidentified flying objects = Countless
Alien space craft = 0
Crop circles = many
Man made crop circles = all

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by AQ6666

Alien space craft = 0
Crop circles = many

Moronic replies to genuine, relevant questions on ATS = thousands

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

He's asking for the information because there has reportedly been a link to some crop circles.

For example:

And RedParrotHead, here's one for you.... Denying Ignorance = Priceless

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

It doesn't help when you post a proven hoax video

edit on 25-8-2011 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ummmm,......yeah......so to prove your point you post a KNOWN and PROVEN hoax video? Way to win people over to your side, lol.

You believer type folks are your own worst enemy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

He's asking for the information because there has reportedly been a link to some crop circles.

There is also reportedly been a link between crop circles and folks with stomping boards, string and free time. Go figure. I guess if you want to discount the obvious and follow a path that leads to the least likely conclusion the OP is going for gold, lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you look at what I wrote, I said "reportedly", and "for example" - I didn't claim it to be fact. I was showing why he asked for the information correlating to the two. Sheeees

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

ummmm,......yeah......so to prove your point you post a KNOWN and PROVEN hoax video? Way to win people over to your side, lol. You believer type folks are your own worst enemy.

im sure the poster wasnt aware it was a hoax or they never would have used it..

but the real question is.. would you have known it was a hoax video if you didnt read the comment above yours?
edit on 25/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I chose my words very careful in post and in no way claimed it to be true. I was merely pointing out as to why the OP had asked the question he had.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

For example:

And RedParrotHead, here's one for you.... Denying Ignorance = Priceless

I'm all for UFOs, aliens, crop circles, etc...but you should know this is a hoax, a well known hoax.

And to the first two posters in this thread...troll much?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think people completely missed the point of my post. It wasn't to confirm or deny that video as a hoax, it was to point out why the OP had asked for the information he had. So by trying to show people why the OP had asked for it, I'm now in the crossfire?? (PS - not referring to you)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

but the real question is.. would you have known it was a hoax video if you didnt read the comment above yours?

Yes, in a second. Fortunately, I don't need anyone on this forum to point out hoax videos for me, I'm well versed and have enough wits about me I don't fall for such utter bunk. Having cgi experience is a big help too, but as I say here consonantly, no one needs cgi experience to protect themselves from bs as long as they have common sense, reason and logic on their side. Now, based on those simple three things (that you would think are natural traits of the curious) can you tell me why that video is bunk? Or did you need someone to answer that for you and now you just parrot it over and over when it comes up?

Been in the game for YEARS, and have seen/heard it all. The only real problem I see with ufology is folks don't educate themselves, so they are doomed to repeat history over and over.

But OP, let me save you some time, embarrassment and heartache. UFO's exist. Cropcircles exist. UFO's do not make crop circles, people do. There is ZERO, let me repeat, ZERO evidence that Ufo's or anything other than man makes crop circles. Sure, you can use your little google engine, turn your brain off and find all sorts of "evidence" to the contrary, but if you look into that "evidence" even just a little it falls apart completely.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Not having a go at you mate , just sharing the info

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You cant prove that, dont throw in something that you are not aware of.

I started my first UFO research on the internet with that link, reading about all the cases from wiki. As they are posted on a table I couldnt say which was more siginficant than others until I started reading cases over the internet and watched UFO hunters who helped me focus on the more real cases or I would be floating in a n endless number of everyday videos and would be paying attention to them when one should focus on bigger and with more witnesses sightings.

And it has some stories there in the wiki link that a guy was taken on a ship, then he made sex with a cat-eyed girl. Um lol? Someone had wet dreams?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

You could try looking at the UFO sighting databases like NUFORC. The guy who runs it, Peter Davenport, has the data categorised into day, month, year and shape. MUFON is another option. There's also a few links to UFO statistics here.

Let me know how you get on.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

and watched UFO hunters......

So watching a horrible entertainment show that got cancelled it was so bad has helped you on your quest for the truth? I remember that episode, it almost hurt to watch.

There is no evidence that crop circles have anything to do with UFO's that stands up to even modest or cursory thought. Sad but true. There is plenty of pseudo dramatized evidence made by folks that claim the absurd that one can find if they use their little google engine and read all the bs out there, but none of it stands up.

But as usual when it comes to stuff like this, the most popular thing to do is never scratch below the surface and believe in the most exciting possibility.

My favorite if the geiger counter readings and the stalk bending claims made by "crop circle researchers". Absolutely HILARIOUS.... I talked to one once and found he didn't even know how to properly use his counter (and didn't even know how it worked or that the ranges were all out of whack for what he was trying to state). But hey, it made noise and gave him credibility among the ignorant, so I guess it worked for him.....

There was this other time where some idiot "botanist" was telling me that "no human can bend stalks like this" and i grabbed one RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER and bent it EXACTLY the same. Handed it to her and asked her to compare it to the others....needless to say she was a little speechless (and ended up looking like a complete idiot).

Odd how you never see stuff like that on an "entertainment" show. Maybe time to broaden your horizons a little, eh?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by Misterlondon

Yes, in a second. Fortunately, I don't need anyone on this forum to point out hoax videos for me, I'm well versed and have enough wits about me I don't fall for such utter bunk. Having cgi experience is a big help too, but as I say here consonantly, no one needs cgi experience to protect themselves from bs as long as they have common sense, reason and logic on their side. Now, based on those simple three things (that you would think are natural traits of the curious) can you tell me why that video is bunk? Or did you need someone to answer that for you and now you just parrot it over and over when it comes up?

Been in the game for YEARS, and have seen/heard it all. The only real problem I see with ufology is folks don't educate themselves, so they are doomed to repeat history over and over.

But OP, let me save you some time, embarrassment and heartache. UFO's exist. Cropcircles exist. UFO's do not make crop circles, people do. There is ZERO, let me repeat, ZERO evidence that Ufo's or anything other than man makes crop circles. Sure, you can use your little google engine, turn your brain off and find all sorts of "evidence" to the contrary, but if you look into that "evidence" even just a little it falls apart completely.

to be honest, i didnt even watch the video, it just sounded like you were jumping on the bandwagon and were having a little dig at someone, as many people do here.. and again if im to be honest i generally do have to wait until someone who has more knowledge then myself, to debunk video's.. but in no way do i "parrot it over and over"

now for someone who has been in "the game" for years, im surprised at your comments.. because anyone who has done even a little bit of research, will know that there are some crop circles that have appeared.. that it would be virtually impossible for folks stomping on boards (as you said in your other post) to create in such a short space of time..

im not saying they are alien.. as im sure someone of your caliber will be aware there are many theories out there.. but the most ridiculous theory to me (and i have done a fair bit of research) is to say EVERY crop circle is made by people with planks of wood..

edit on 25/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by AQ6666

Alien space craft = 0
Crop circles = many

To say all or nothing to a subject that's never been proven is just idiotic and ignorant. Stay a skeptic but don't close the case when you don't have the complete knowledge of it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join