It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground military base near VA quake epicenter? Peter's Mountain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The site in question IS one of five AT&T Project Offices located in the eastern United States. 4 of the project offices are up and running while the fifth has been abandoned.

The site itself is a 2-story underground facility. It features a drive-in entrance which leads to a decontamination area before entering the actual facility. It's primary function is both to maintain communications in the event of disaster and for the research & development of communication equipment.

The large horn shaped objects are a troposcatter radio communications system with large concrete-backed reflectors. They are no longer in use.

The site itself is staffed entirely by civilian defense contractors working for AT&T. There are no military personnel at any of the 4 active Project Offices.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted:

Russian media reporting the 'earthquakes' were 2 nuclear explosions in underground CIA complex.

Major Tin-foil hat time here. Weird sounds also.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Wertwog because: correction

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm just thinking out loud and have no proof to back up any of this speculation, and the following is just an idea.

I remember hearing about project bluebeam or something and how various ancient things would be found to make people think aliens were invading or there was a real god or something like that. But what if the 2012 doomsday myth was started by these "disinfo agents" that some people claim are spreading lies, and the PTB/Illuminati are using haarp to cause a lot of natural disasters to make people think the end is actually near in order to enact a world government. Or maybe the myth just picked up on its own and the government is using haarp to make people think its true. Or maybe it is true?

I personally don't believe any of the haarp stories or 2012 doomsday, but I will admit it's getting harder and harder to deny it every day.

or maybye nwo is really true. or maybye not huh.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
What would be the benefit of engineering an earthquake that isn't even that powerful though? How could it benefit those who created it? I can't think of any reasons....

How about it being simply a test, as in testing a new weapon? Tests are never intended to cause the kind of damage they are quite capable of when deployed during warfare.

However, I am not sure what would be the practical applications of such a weapon. How would they get sufficiently underground on an enemy territory to activate the weapon and cause an earthquake? Perhaps, it doesn't require to be activated underground to have its effect, but is being tested in underground environment to shield the effects of other environmental parameters to accurately study the results of the test?

However, if such technology exists and the issues regarding deploying it on enemy territories are either addressed or non-issues (we still don't know what the technology is), it would be the exact kind of weapons the USA would want to develop and deploy. Imagine the USA dropping such a weapon on Iran and reducing the entire country to a rubble. After that you can simply occupy the country with little resistance, having destroyed the entire military and civilian infrastructure with one weapon.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

There is alot of conjecture that in fact it was a nuclear detonation in a deep underground base. Factions within black ops, the CIA, against Personal in our Military that are filling the gap. One theory postulates it was 2 of the missing nukes that were detonated, that was supposed to be a false flag attack in Virginia destroying the Virginian Nuclear plant. They moved it away from the plant and then detonated it, the other was detonated in the Denver area.

There are tubes crossing the entire country that connect all of these DUMBS. The CIA is now in Denver, instead of Langley. Supposedly under the Denver International Airport. The devices were detonated in Denver and in Virgina to cut off the tubes connecting the two destinations.

Obama was in Marthas Vineyard, which has underground facilities for shelter. Biden was in China. And Holder was at the Federal Reserve meeting in Ohio I believe, or wherever it is being held, I forget off the top of my head.

27 Ships were stationed off the coast of the Vineyard.

Also one minute before the "quake", Military communications Control, heard by HAM operators, messaged "all stations, discontinuing operations". Usually the Control would be routed to Offut, Perter Rico, or elsewhere. It was not. About 1 Minute later they came back online again.

Which suggests they were notified that these nukes were being detonated, and took precautions, and then came back online after it was over.

Interesting stuff, who knows. There is a War going on within the Military, that much is known. Black Ops, and the intelligence services are involved as well. A fight for the soul of the Nation.

Also no P waves were observed. The lack of P waves is telling. Also these two Earthquakes around Denver and Virginia were basically the same size, and also on the 37th Parallel.
edit on 26-8-2011 by HermitShip because: add

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The state got it's name from english royalty...

What is the meaning of the name Virginia? "Virginia was named for Queen Elizabeth I of England, who was known as the Virgin Queen. Historians think the English adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh suggested the name about 1584. That year, Elizabeth gave Raleigh permission to colonize the Virginia region." Source: Jordan, Daniel P. and Robert W. Morrill. "Virginia: Old Dominion." World Book Encyclopedia, Vol. 20, p. 398. Chicago: World Book, Inc., 2001.

source

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenoch

As of 2010, there were 143 military bases spread across 50 states. That's almost 3 per state. I'm pretty sure there's a base near EVERY epicenter of EVERY earthquake that takes place in the U.S. I'm not saying the OP is wrong, per say... but it appears we might be reaching a bit. And of course the noise came from underground. That's where earthquakes take place. If the ground was shaking and the noise was coming from above, you'd probably have something postworthy.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

That's awesome.

You got sources? Or does it just remain 'awesome'?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You think it was artificially created purposely or was it an oops moment?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

That is NOT the reason Virginia is called such. As with all the "new colonies", it is named after a monarch of the period. In this case, 'Virginia' refurs to the "virgin" queen, Queen Elizabeth I.

Given the geological age of the bedrock, virgin doesn't fit at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Originally posted by daggyz
I hope your not saying the earthquake was caused by the military just becuase they are close otherwise a quake in New Zealand near sheep would indicate sheep cause earthquakes.

I'm sure most people are more intelligent than that. ..maybe not on ATS!

Maybe you should learn the difference between "your" and "you're" before you call into question the intelligence of others.

The OP is drawing a correlation between them and asking for more thoughts and information. That is the point of any thread. If you cannot understand that, perhaps ATS isn't what you thought it was when you signed up.

LOL You mad or something? Vintage ATS-er.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Excellent Thread! S&F for you

I also read on the web that there was some kind of super magnet experiment in the mid-west around this same time frame, nearing "100 Teslas". No sure if that's powerful enough to cause any problems but, who knows.

I also found this recently. It's a pretty interesting animation of the spread of the earthquake wave as it crossed sensors, across the country:

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You know everyone around the Fredericksburg area said they thought it was a helicopter or plane crash even people who have lived through other earthquakes. Although I suppose since we are near quantico there booms or a crash would have been more likely. Another thing this morning 8/26 early maybe 2am I was woken up by the dog barking and my light fixture above the bed was swinging back and forth. I did not see any aftershock on USGS though but my next door neghbior also felt it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

aw really?

Still, the idea of naming something for a virgin entitles that the land itself was probably virgin. And this has been true historically.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by unit4401

I always imagined it was fertile and easy to grow things, and untapped resources.

The area does look virgin in perspective to a city dweller like me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It would be so amazing to get a chance to sneek up there and see what is going on. I know , sounds kind of weird but it seems so exciting to think about what they are hiding.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
how could all these bases be connected underground when plates are always moving? the border between one plate and another which you would have to cross as you made your way would move surely?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Ludicrous argument. As opposed to sheep, a military base has a whole modicum of reasons why it may cause a seismic event; developing a seismic weapon for use on other nations, preparing to stage a planned "natural" disaster or maybe they have delusions of grandeur and believe they may eventually be able to control Earth's tectonics altogether.

It's rather naive to misunderstand the workings of circumstantial evidence to the point of citing ludicrous locus objects and subjects to try and prove a point.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ref earlier post about possible nuke explosion and saw this - Don't see it posted anywhere
I did not know that there was a Military base in the area but after reading post it seems to make sense
It seems that the evidence may point to either an accident or an exorcise/ underground test that may have got a little out of hand.

Seismic Info

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenoch

Your pictures are from another facility specifically Short Hill and not Peters Mountain. Anyhoo, these sites are part of the old Autovon network that was designed to survive a nuke attack during the cold war years. They are all over and are nearly identical to each other. I used to live in Crozet Va which isn't far from Peters Mountain. We never thought much of the site. In those days it was just like having a Nike missile site in your backyard.

The network has been replaced. en.wikipedia.org... but the sites are still active for the same purpose. Hence the security around the sites. AT&T runs the sites as far as I know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join