It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground military base near VA quake epicenter? Peter's Mountain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Looks like some type of radar station for missile defence. Could even really be an AT&T telecomunications station, or both. If armed guards approach people who get near there then there is certinley something there that the Govt dont want people poking around.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Op. Great thread! S&F

I'm quite interested in the information you're presenting and would like to add another variable to the equation.

As we all know, Virginia is very militarized and the elite have purchased lots of land in the mountains of Virginia. Now, let's consider Colorado for a moment. Both quakes were similar in intensity and shallow. They were twelve hours apart. We also know that the elite have purchased land in Colorado. Who isn't aware of the Denver airport? It is also speculated that there are also underground bases and bunkers throughout Colorado.

Is it possible that there are dualing projects being conducted in Colorado and Virginia and this is the cause for both quakes?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Originally posted by daggyz
I hope your not saying the earthquake was caused by the military just becuase they are close otherwise a quake in New Zealand near sheep would indicate sheep cause earthquakes.

I'm sure most people are more intelligent than that. ..maybe not on ATS!

Maybe you should learn the difference between "your" and "you're" before you call into question the intelligence of others.

The OP is drawing a correlation between them and asking for more thoughts and information. That is the point of any thread. If you cannot understand that, perhaps ATS isn't what you thought it was when you signed up.

Carrot up your jacksie? Misspelling is not a sign of lack of intelligence, just as misquoting isn't either.

The signatures of the earthquake imply that it was, indeed, a natural event. Earthquakes and explosions have different seismic signatures, but I guess you already knew that?

Ooh, we're a tetchy lot today!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

OMG you said earthquake, military and sheep all in the same sentence. i think you should rest before your head explodes.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It actually crossed my mind that the earthquake could have been caused accidentally by expanding underground bunkers (or even digging/blasting out an underground route linking to the basement of the White House, or close to it.) I wondered the same about the E.Q. in Colorado. Hmmm... how far away was it from the Denver Airport?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I found this nice aerial photo:

www.panoramio.com...#

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenoch

With the Military buying up all the Underground base building material (that info comes from a underground bunker builder/contractor) and D.U.M.B.S being built all over the country i'm not surprised that this base was near the Epicenter.

Ya can't throw a rock nowadays without hitting a DUMB! (or atleast the ground above it)...i know stupid analogy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Do you think that could cause an earthquake that was felt in 22 states?

I think only a natural earthquake could cause such a far-reaching rumble.

(fill me in if i'm incorrect)
edit on 25-8-2011 by dannotz because: grammmmaaaaa

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Considering we'll never actually know
I'm going to go ahead and just call it a boring ol earthquake

Til next time military *shakes fist*

edit on 25-8-2011 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Found this on the web.. Russia detects nuclear blasts in US tunnel system... Wonder if it has anything to do with the quake?? chk it out... www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I heard a physicist say the plates in the eastern US are very large unlike the many multiple plates out here in the western US. He explained that is why the shaking was felt in such a large area. It was that Michio Kaku guy , hope I spelled his name right, from discovery channel that was talking about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

This is an AT&T Autovon Network station.

The information provided though says that these stations are unused due to the systems being replaced in the 90's. However there seems to be activity there to this day.

There is another station in Maryland

This is is interesting though, good find OP.

The military has bases and operations all over the country. Some much closer then you might think. I work in an area with a lot of big corporations clustered in very close proximity. And their are a lot of military and government types that go in and out of those places all the time. No one seems to think that its strange. I always have though, mostly because they don't talk about what they do and because these places are not defense contractors or anything where information would be considered TOP secret.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here is more info for all of you. The Federal Reserve and the Treasury has a 140,000 square foot main facility underground base in Culpeper, Va, not too far from Mineral. If you know about the financial wars going on. Think.

VIRGINIA

BELLS COVE - Near the small village [ghost town?] of Bell's Cove is Buck Hill Caverns, deep within which explorers reportedly discovered a seemingly bottomless shaft, from which emerged the distinct sound of sobbing, or crying and wiling as of a woman in pain.

source: "The Phantom of Buck Hill Caves", from CORNET magazine, Oct. 1961

BLUEMONT - Mt. Weather, in northern Virginia, is a virtual underground city 46 nukes from Washington D.C., a C.O.G. [Continuity Of Government] facility, and the hub of the FEMA subterranean network [and its underground facilities which exist beneath several major airport terminals]. The infrastructure of Mt. Weather includes microwave communications systems, a small spring-fed lake, a pair of 250,000 gallon water tanks and several ponds, a sewage treatment plant capable of processing 40,000 gallons per day, a hospital, cafeterias, a diesel powered electrical generating plant, private living quarters and dormitories, closed circuit TV, radio and TV studio, massive super-computing facilities which store personal information on millions of Americans, wargame simulators, electric cars, etc. Insiders admit that an entire non-representative appointed "back up government" lives in residence within Mt. Weather, being entirely unaccountable to the citizens of the U.S.A.

There are several C.O.G. facilities within a 300 mile radius of Washington D.C., with Mt. Weather being the central coordinator of this "Federal Arc". At least 96 underground C.O.G. facilities exist in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina.

source: UFO Magazine, Vol.7, No.6; Richard Sauder; see also MOUNT WEATHER

CULPEPER - A couple miles east of Culpeper, just off Rt.3 in northern Virginia, is Mt. Pony, beneath which lies a large underground government facility maintained by the Federal Reserve and Treasury Dept. The 140,000 sq. ft. facility is said to be supplied with water, food, a generator, communications equipment, etc. At least 5 billion dollars worth of Federal Reserve notes has been stored under Mt. Pony. The facility also monitors major global and banking activity via a "Fed Wire".

source: UFO Magazine, Vol.7, No.6; Richard Sauder

LANGLEY - At least 7 levels of underground facilities beneath the CIA headquarters, some of which contain recovered alien hardware.

source: confidential

TAZEWELL - 6 miles SW of Tazewell is "Devils Slide Cave", from which an unusual sounds have been heard to emanate.

source: TECH TROGLODYTE [NSS affiliate newsletter], Vol.12, No.2

WARRENTON - The Warrenton Training Center, and underground relocation center for an unspecified Federal Agency. The U.S. Army maintains two underground facilities near Warrenton, "Station A" on Rt.802 and "Station B" on Bear Wallow Road, on Viewtree mountain. Some suggest that both stations, only a couple miles apart, may be connected underneath. Large antennae towers and AT&T microwave facilities suggest an electronics communications and computing facility. Security at Station A is reportedly more extreme than at Station B.

source: UFO Magazine, Vol.7, No.6; Richard Sauder

WASHINGTON D.C. -
The House of the Temple, the Scottish Rite Masonic headquarters, sits atop the pentagram-like street layout of Washington D.C. and reportedly connects to ancient glazed tunnels built by "Atlanteans" in antediluvian times, and also connections to a massive cavern called "NOD" where the NSA, Sirians, and other alien species collaborate in an agenda of global domination. Several D.C. buildings are reportedly connected by underground tunnels, both ancient and modern.

source: Jon Singer; Richard Toronto; WEIRD AMERICA, by Jim Brandon

Here is the website I found it with most of the subterranean bases around the world and the USA.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Enjoy.

edit on 8/25/2011 by stardust1955 because: Edit to correct.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by new_here

Do you think that could cause an earthquake that was felt in 22 states?

I think only a natural earthquake could cause such a far-reaching rumble.

(fill me in if i'm incorrect)
edit on 25-8-2011 by dannotz because: grammmmaaaaa

Honestly I have no clue, my friend. All I can tell you is somewhere on this site, somewhere back amongst the gazillion threads, someone once speculated that the underground bunkers may be somewhat interconnected.

If you entertain that idea, perhaps something collapsed/collided underground and sent shock-waves reverberating throughout the underground network? Have I proof? Not a shred. And can't say I believe in it. Just saying it popped into my head, without my permission...

(Sometimes those thoughts turn out to be true. Sometimes uh-uh. I didn't post it in the first thread I saw because it's such an 'out there' thought. But then somebody had to go and bring up underground facilities, LoL.)

ETA: I don't think it's natural for an earthquake of 5.9 magnitude to be felt in 22 states, is it? That is one thing that started my thoughts a-churning.)
edit on 8/25/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So just want to get some speculative questions answered here since we seem to be looking for a conspiracy in this recent Virginia quake. If I had an underground base and lots of resources, how exactly would I create said earthquake? In my honest opinion this is way out there wild speculation. HAARP I might entertain, but underground base + earthquake nearby = man made?

I'm stuck on an android at the moment but look at the seismography of the quake. Does it look like a typical earthquake, or something not normally seen as far as seismograph patterns go? Lets stay realistic here folks. Nothing wrong with asking questions or making suggestions, but evidence is what I look for.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Maybe it was DARPA conducting some experimental tests underground since their located in Virginia anyway. Perhaps that may be the reason for the moderate earthquake.
edit on 25-8Aug-112011 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Don't worry. The stargate had a naquadah overload. It was sent to a parallel universe by mckay and carter.
All is well.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

With the Military buying up all the Underground base building material (that info comes from a underground bunker builder/contractor) and D.U.M.B.S being built all over the country i'm not surprised that this base was near the Epicenter.

Ya can't throw a rock nowadays without hitting a DUMB! (or atleast the ground above it)...i know stupid analogy.

You are correct. Ive seen supposed maps online and they are all over the place and said to be connected by tunnel trains which travel very fast.

If I remember correctly Jesse Venturas show had said there are about 1400 worldwide. If they are doing that much digging it would not be surprising if they are causing earthquakes. Crazy stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am not saying that the military base near the VA quake had nothing to do with it. I am open to all thoughts. However, one thing maybe you should all take note off...those who watch the quakes on ATS have noticed that quite a few quakes have been happening on the 37 latitude line. The VA quake, the CO quakes shortly before...AND Fukushima. Not to mention the San Andreas Fault in CA.

So maybe this theory is right, or maybe its not. Take a look at all the facts in this situation - then decide.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm just thinking out loud and have no proof to back up any of this speculation, and the following is just an idea.

I remember hearing about project bluebeam or something and how various ancient things would be found to make people think aliens were invading or there was a real god or something like that. But what if the 2012 doomsday myth was started by these "disinfo agents" that some people claim are spreading lies, and the PTB/Illuminati are using haarp to cause a lot of natural disasters to make people think the end is actually near in order to enact a world government. Or maybe the myth just picked up on its own and the government is using haarp to make people think its true. Or maybe it is true?

I personally don't believe any of the haarp stories or 2012 doomsday, but I will admit it's getting harder and harder to deny it every day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join