It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground military base near VA quake epicenter? Peter's Mountain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wanted to bring back this old thread.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note: By "military" base I mean military men working on site, I understand it was built originally for AT&T communications.

This base is not 30 minutes from the epicenter. There's little to no info on Peter's/Beck's Mountain that is current. It has had renovations this decade, meaning it has new uses.

I have family near Gordonsville. My sister described the quake as loud and chaotic, she thought a jet was passing overhead and realized the noise was coming from underground.

I will be in Gordonsville myself this weekend. I'm going to go to the library and see what credible (non-internet) information I can find on this place and probably ask some more locals. It is a very small town and I mean VERY small. The doctor's office is over there, the police station is across the street, etc.. you can drive through the town in 10 minutes.

A quick 15 minute Google search and all I know for sure is there is a no trespassing sign when you get close to the site. More searching on the internet and I discovered someone else tried to go up there to see what was going on, only to get a response from armed men in black with a Euro accent.

www.facebook.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

waldo.jaquith.org...

coldwar-c4i.net...

Trying to find more info on the net
edit on 25-8-2011 by ravenoch because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by ravenoch because: better title

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenoch

Nice find dude, I wonder if the earthquake was actually engineered in that underground base? I mean earthquakes are a natural occurence and I'm not implying that it's really some HAARP/CIA collaborative conspiracy, but I just find it sketchy that a base is close to the epicenter.

What would be the benefit of engineering an earthquake that isn't even that powerful though? How could it benefit those who created it? I can't think of any reasons....

But, to further back up the possibility that it could have actually been artificially created, this thread talks about some dude hearing some weird sounds during the earthquake. His right ear, which started vibrating as he described it, was facing the direction of the epicenter. Then he claims his speaker system was making a strange sound, and he had no idea what was causing it.

The vibrations didn't really shock me, because tectonic plates colliding and causing the earth to shake would obviously cause some sound, but I found his speaker acting strangely after the earthquake to be suspicious. It could be nothing, but here's the thread.
edit on 25-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Before I read it I just want to speak my own opinion. If I've got something new in my mind after reading, yay.

Virginia is a freaking bedrock solid place. It's surrounded by areas that were former oceans, are oceans, and more or less the most stable and fertile Earth of its day (Hence the term Virgin in its name). If they were going to make a military base, and it was that close to the Capitol, I think they F'd something up real bad then.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nice find S&F for sure. Never heard of this location before.
If there is indeed something nefarious going on that produces earthquakes, how do we explain the aftershock(s)?
Are they "real" aftershocks, or is it perhapse more funny business?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Ok, bit red up, and I think your reply is good to respond to.

Graviton reesearch.

Insane idea, but that's All I can really say. E=mc^2. In other words, you can pack a crap-ton of energy into the same volume of mass. And that, in turn, can affect gravity.

You alter gravity underground, you get some quakes.

Just a crazy baseless thought to consider though. Why would AT&T care about it? God only knows.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I live just a across the mountain from Gordonsville which puts me 40 some miles from the epicenter... I can vouch that it was definitely as she described... Loud.... Very strange experience, indeed... ROCKED my house for sure!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Does anybody have google earth coordinates for those pictures?
I would love to check it out.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
HI All

About the possibility that the DC/Virginia quake was created by some government agency, you might want to consider that it happened in the Craton or old unsubducted plate which crosses the USA in a U shape. There have been lots of smaller quakes in the Craton recently.

Please go to www.youtube.com.../u/4/aEDfGPOxWLM he gives a great visual explanation in under 4 minutes.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I hope your not saying the earthquake was caused by the military just becuase they are close otherwise a quake in New Zealand near sheep would indicate sheep cause earthquakes.

I'm sure most people are more intelligent than that. ..maybe not on ATS!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How far away is Mt.Weather was my first thought.But after touring Mena,Arkansas for two years I figured out why they put these things in those type of places.That was thought # 2,'that's the way they want's it,so that's the way they get's it",or as it was explained to me in Arkansas,"boy,you just let them dead dogs lie".Another good one is"there's a lot of holes up in dem hills a man can fall in".

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I hope your not saying the earthquake was caused by the military just becuase they are close otherwise a quake in New Zealand near sheep would indicate sheep cause earthquakes.

I'm sure most people are more intelligent than that. ..maybe not on ATS!

Maybe you should learn the difference between "your" and "you're" before you call into question the intelligence of others.

The OP is drawing a correlation between them and asking for more thoughts and information. That is the point of any thread. If you cannot understand that, perhaps ATS isn't what you thought it was when you signed up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

What would be the benefit of engineering an earthquake that isn't even that powerful though? How could it benefit those who created it? I can't think of any reasons....

My first thought is false flag. You know, doin something with one hand and something else with the other....just my guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Exactly, what I suspected. We are not confirmed but I continue to think movies that Under Siege 2: Dark Territory come from stories that were, are, or will be true one day.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Hey, I totally think you are on to something. I live in Charlottesville, VA, which is pretty close to the Peters Mountain and Gordonsville. I've known about the base for quite a while, but there has never been any news reported about it at least that I know of for as long as I've been in the area. I think that it was built as a base for the continuity of government in the case of a national emergency. Anyways, when the quake happened it was really strong here in Charlottesville. My house was shaking and we had a few pictures fall off the walls. Nobody was hurt, but it was quite a strong one!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wilt456

I'm in Richmond, and to me it was a slight swaying motion, nothing close to what my sister described!

I'm not necessarily suggesting what was underground caused an earthquake, perhaps it was no earthquake at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JulianAlien

How far away is Mt.Weather was my first though

MT Weather (near Berryville VA) is almost 100 miles away by road from epicenter of quake

Area is a weakness in North American plate which was formed over 500 millions years ago when other land mass
slammed into Laurentian craton

Laurentia owes its existence to a network of Early Proterozoic orogenic belts. Small microcontinents and oceanic islands collided with the ever-growing Laurentia, and together formed the stable Archean craton we see today

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I got a screenshot with`the coordinates

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/056b7020b8fc.png[/atsimg]

or you can just put in peters mountain va
edit on 25-8-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Thanks

Doesn't seem to be any way to sneak up on that place..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Tunnel entrance perhaps?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57ad4fb1b572.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Quite an interesting find. The troposcatter radios referenced are questionable indeed. It has both commercial and military applications for communications and/or data transfer. Interesting photo of the place too. Anyone know what direction those apparrati are pointed?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join