It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - "Action" Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

STORY:

The story of Aliens: Colonial Marines is being written by Battlestar Galactica writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle.

The events of the game are set after those of the film Alien 3.

A Colonial Marine search and rescue team has been sent to investigate the U.S.S. Sulaco in search of Ellen Ripley, Corporal Dwayne Hicks, and the rest of the missing marines who were dispatched to LV-426. The Sulaco, LV-426, and the derelict alien spacecraft from Alien all serve as environments in the game, as well as other locations yet to be detailed

Release date Spring 2012

more info
www.gearboxsoftware.com...

edit on 25-8-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looks awesome!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am looking forward to this game. The developers have said they wanted to make it really scary and atmospheric, like the films. My only concern about the story is. The colony on LV426 went up in flames, with the reactor exploding at the end of Aliens. I am sure they have considered this though, there will probably only be small remnants of the colony. :-D

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I was wondering when they would make a sequel that that one! Can't wait.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It'd be great if they made a movie out of this, I love 'Aliens' one of my favorite movies. I know it's all been done before but I mean the rehash's that are coming out of hollywood these day WTF, if it were anything as suspenseful as the original movie. Maybe they should let the software developers direct it?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by treguard87
I am looking forward to this game. The developers have said they wanted to make it really scary and atmospheric, like the films. My only concern about the story is. The colony on LV426 went up in flames, with the reactor exploding at the end of Aliens. I am sure they have considered this though, there will probably only be small remnants of the colony. :-D

I think they(marines) find the Sulaco after Ripley and the others have been jettisoned in escape pods, then they crash back on LV426, and then somehow they find the original 'pilot' alien craft, but yeah it does look like some of the scenes are from the colony base.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I would be interested in this, but what can it give me that the marine campaign of AVP can't.
Plus being predator and Alien.

It seems this is just a big step backwards for the game.

I can see this being alot like Doom 3.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This game looks so friggen sexy...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Hi

I’m a huge fan of the “Alien” series of movies.

I’ve always found the games to be a letdown; I’ve played them all just to experience the nostalgia.

Hopefully Gearbox studios can make this work, the story so far seems to be much more “fan friendly” and the fact that they’re bringing Hicks in is just awesome.

For anyone who remembers, they didn’t bring the character of Hicks back in the 3rd movie instead they killed him off many, many fans got really pissed off about that.

The actor who played Hicks even tried to sue the makers of the 3rd film for using a picture of him in the crashed pod at the beginning of the movie.

He was eventually paid a very small sum, considering the gross of the movie later it was a total steal on 20th Century fox’s part.

Anyways, game looks awesome with a lot of neat concepts for the story, fingers crossed.

Spike Spiegel

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Can you refresh my memory? Did Hicks die in the pod with Ripley?

If so how can he be in this game alive? Unless they are not sticking to the films at all, or possibly playing the films storylines out???

Whats the deal?

Edit: Just re-read the OP and it say's your part of the team searching for Ripley and Hicks, after Alien3.
Now unless we see like a video log from him, he surely can't really be in the game?
edit on 31-8-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Actually, it's a direct sequel to Aliens, officially aswell. And what a poor poor sequel it is, not to mention the bad story. You're right, how is hicks still alive you ask? Well after playing through the character simply waves it off saying 'Thats another story'

This game is terrible, not one bit like the trailers reported. Graphics are horrendous, voice acting is a joke, animations of Xeno and Marine are glitchy and painful to watch. The ONLY good thing about this games is the nostalgia, but even that is diminished with the terrible visuals.

Here is a roundup of the reviews:
www.computerandvideogames.com...

Here is a dual video. On the left we have what we were promised, on the right is final build...
youtubedoubler.com... I1rDcbpiTk&start2=320&authorName=Double

edit on 13-2-2013 by Di0nysis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Di0nysis

The second vid isn't linked in that youtube double link.
Could you post the link so we can copy/paste?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I was well up for this, almost pre-ordered on steam (which i never do). Glad I passed.
The majority says the game is crap. The graphics nothing like the demo video. Glitches. Idiotic AI. And on and on..

What a bummer.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Aliens: Colonial Marines , how many years have I waited for this game and now its out and ready to buy , but after a few minutes of review checking my excitement has turned to anger ....GEARBOX YOU *******!!!@**

This video shows what it was supposed to be and what a poor excuse for a finished product they finally pushed out , it would of been better for all concerned just to can it .

So what happened

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have the game and I don't understand why people don't like it, it is a good game that has minor faults which can be patched. If you liked the movie, you'd like the game.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

Honestly mate there's only so much you can patch a game, it's like polishing a turd, it's still gonna be a turd. Not to mention the story line. I'll not spoil it for anyone but you cannot make a sequel (in canon) for the greatest movies ever with this storyline especially the 'twist'. This game just doesn't capture the atmosphere of the original films, it's shoddy, underdeveloped and an insult.

You could say, well, they might release better story with DLC..... Which you would then have to pay for on top of what you've already shelled out for.

Sorry but this game (and about 90% of the people who have it) is a letdown.

Never mind, Crysis 3 is out now....Now this game...is COMPLETELY at the other end of the spectrum. Truly brilliant!!

new topics

top topics

join