It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: At This Point, Most Americans Feel More Comfortable In Dying Economy *Onion satirical news*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just thought you all could use something to brighten your day with a laugh. Straight from The Onion:

WASHINGTON—A report released Tuesday by the Pew Research Center found that after more than four years of financial hardship, a majority of Americans now feel more at ease living in a failing economy than they would in a thriving one.

The report concluded that the constant threat of a second recession, record joblessness, ever-rising health care costs, and a soaring national debt, while devastating, have come to be the only things citizens know they can truly count on in these bleak and unstable times.

According to the survey, 63 percent of Americans said they had come to rely upon the familiar sense of dread that came from knowing the country was quickly losing its place as an economic superpower, while 71 percent described finding a kind of tranquility in the steady, predictable cuts to local, state, and federal funding.

In addition, 80 percent reported they had been tightening their belts for so long, the thought of loosening them again after all this time just felt unnatural.

"You get used to sending 50 resumés into the void each day and having them all go unanswered," said Mary-Lee Jones, 46, of Cleveland, who later called the enduring unlikelihood of ever finding employment "her rock." "The emotional trauma of not knowing if or when I'll work again has just become a regular part of my life. Honestly, not living on the knife's edge of poverty might make me a little anxious."

www.theonion.com...

For those who don't know, The Onion is a satirical newspaper, that makes fun of current news. The sad part about a lot of this is that many Americans are getting used to a world with a sub-par economy and growth, with unemployment high.

Enjoy your day!

edit on 25-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Since when did most Americans feel uncomfortable about anything

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Should be posted in a humor forum since the onion is all about fake news.. there's going to be people reading this who believed it.. I was reading it and thought no way through the whole thing since it didn't match anything I'd been seeing, then I noticed the onion ..

The article is pretty much the opposite of how people are feeling in my experience.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

For those who don't know, The Onion is a satirical newspaper, that makes fun of current news. The sad part about a lot of this is that many Americans are getting used to a world with a sub-par economy and growth, with unemployment high.

From the OP... It sure was a good read lol, thanks

top topics

join