It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saying Aliens Exist Is Just Like Saying God Exists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No they are not. People say they come through the walls and get at them. They say they come when they are sleeping and mess with their minds. if aliens were concrete and solid, we would have a dead one , stuffed and displayed in a museum somewhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89

Originally posted by Skate
This isn't going to be a big thread with a lot to say so yeah...

Today I was thinking about it and I thought how a bunch of people are SO SURE that God exists and that Aliens don't exist or at least haven't visited Earth. Reason why I say "Saying aliens exist is like saying God exists" is because you have people who believe in God JUST BECAUSE it says so in a book, obviously written by man who claims it's God's words. Well if they can believe in God because they read it in some book called the bible, why can't people believe that aliens exist and have visited Earth after reading that out of a book?

God has just as much proof of it's existence as Aliens do. Maybe more evidence supporting Aliens than God.
Maybe both exist. I believe in UFOs and Aliens and I believe in a higher power, not "God".

Did I make any sense at all? I'm really trying to make a point here but I don't really know if I know what I'm talking about lol so PLEASE do not shoot me down...In no way am I trying to offend anyone so please share your opinions, and no one fight with each other over your opinions or else Mods will have to run this thread until it's closed.

Please keep it civil
I CANT see your point considering that is a false statement.. aliens obviously been visiting look at crop circles... not the lil fake board ones made with wood... cant make radiation from wood or supergrowth... obviously it wasnt from earth... predicting stuff that would hapen years later and all the changes in the earth... im sure all the abductess have mental problems huh... ppl see real ufos all the time.. not talking bout military crafts..

Dude why are you flipping out on me? I know aliens are visiting... DID YOU NOT READ THE WHOLE POST? I stated I believe in Aliens and UFOs....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Skate

Many of us who believe in God do know that aliens exist. We don't call them aliens. We call them what they are.

Demons.

That's where the confusion is.

Aliens are not Demons. PROVE IT

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by DAZ21

But we weren't. So they're not.

We were engineered by the Creator. So he is our God.

But in the bible it talks about "they" not "him" referring to "God" so yeah... that's where you're wrong.

EDIT: Actually I wouldn't really know what it actually says in the bible because I don't want to waste my time reading a whole bunch of lies rewritten into the bible over thousands of years of bullcrap.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Skate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
See the first 2 people who posted saw my point I am trying to make, but others don't? Did I not explain it clearly enough? Seriously, if y'all would like me to elaborate more, just let me know to try to clear things up

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Oh dear.

Military black projects.

Are there several categories of what looks like the same phenomenon. The visible and technologically registrable type, which is black ops, and another which only is visually observable.....demons, mascarading as aliens, UFOs and similar?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
Genesis 1:1 states that "In the beginning(time), God created the heavens(space), and the earth(matter)." Reading this statement, I believe that God exists outside of time, space and matter, as it states that he created all three.

If man is able to see aliens and ufos, then they also must be made of matter, therefore created.

Merriam-Websters defines Alien as "differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility"
and UFO as "an unidentified flying object"

IMHO, it is the epitome of self-centered attitude for mankind to think that we humans are the only sentient beings in existence. And that same attitude will be our downfall.

it is my opinion that that which we call alien, is actually demons physically manifesting themselves to us in a way that they think that we humans would accept.

Are you using the word 'demon', as common amongst christians?

Technically speaking a 'demon' (whatever that is) IS an alien, i.e. a non-human species. As are ET 'aliens' and hyperdimensional aliens.

Are you putting all these in the same identical category....in that case, why?

edit on 25-8-2011 by bogomil because: wrong pasting

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well i understand what you mean,I've come to the conclusion to !Myself! that i have no insight or extra knowledge more than the next man but however ufo phenomena cant go ignored. God? well you had it right sir, Just a book from another man or (men) with no extra knowledge.Sure claims have been made but at the end of the day when you look at your ceiling lying in bed do any of us REALLY know?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Now i am going to give you that time honored phrase that infuriates everyone that makes a bold statement that something many people consider imaginary (like God) really exists.

Prove it, and no pictures and videos do not count as proof because they can be faked and photoshopped. provide concrete scientific proof that aliens exist, like a real body that can be tested or a spaceship or even a living alien.

And don't throw any of that anceint alien crap out because that is all hearsay and you cannot possibly know what ancient egyptian glyphs mean, or sumerian texts. Leave out works of fiction and art, you cant claim cave paintings are aliens because ancient man ate alot of things that were hallucinogenic in nature. UFO's don't work because many of them are just top-secret aircraft that havent been unveiled yet, like stealth fighters and bombers pre-Gulf War that were claimed to be UFO's from space.
edit on 25-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Now i am going to give you that time honored phrase that infuriates everyone that makes a bold statement that something many people consider imaginary (like God) really exists.

Prove it, and no pictures and videos do not count as proof because they can be faked and photoshopped. provide concrete scientific proof that aliens exist, like a real body that can be tested or a spaceship or even a living alien.

And don't throw any of that anceint alien crap out because that is all hearsay and you cannot possibly know what ancient egyptian glyphs mean, or sumerian texts. Leave out works of fiction and art, you cant claim cave paintings are aliens because ancient man ate alot of things that were hallucinogenic in nature. UFO's don't work because many of them are just top-secret aircraft that havent been unveiled yet, like stealth fighters and bombers pre-Gulf War that were claimed to be UFO's from space.

Saying the Bible proves God exists is like saying a Halo video game Novel book proves Master Chief exists...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Saying the Bible proves God exists is like saying a Halo video game Novel book proves Master Chief exists...

Really? In 2000 years from now no one will ever know what HALO ever was, and master chief had never been seen by real people to raise the dead TWICE, feed thousands from just a few loaves of bread and fish, heal the blind and deaf and he even knew what you were going to do LONG before you did it and without even seeing you previously he knew what you HAD done. So many people saw Jesus work his miracles that even without the bible people were still talking about it hundreds of years after the fact.

Someone like that is never forgotten, long after the last book has turned to dust Jesus will be remembered, and poor masterchief? He will still be floating out there in space with cortana.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Are there several categories of what looks like the same phenomenon. The visible and technologically registrable type, which is black ops, and another which only is visually observable.....demons, mascarading as aliens, UFOs and similar?

It is very possible that the military black ops are using the ufo phenomenon and alien pop culture as a cover for their activities. I find it no small coincidence that the Roswell incident occurred soon after WW2 and Project Paperclip. It is well documented that the Nazis were building a "flying disk" and there have been many rumors of anti-gravity devices utilizing the electromagnetic properties of mercury.

On the other hand, I do not see any reason why demons would not be tangible, not only visibly, but to hear and touch.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Are you using the word 'demon', as common amongst christians? Technically speaking a 'demon' (whatever that is) IS an alien, i.e. a non-human species. As are ET 'aliens' and hyperdimensional aliens. Are you putting all these in the same identical category....in that case, why?
reply to post by bogomil

Because i believe that demons and what we call "aliens" are one and the same.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by charles1952

No they are not. People say they come through the walls and get at them. They say they come when they are sleeping and mess with their minds. if aliens were concrete and solid, we would have a dead one , stuffed and displayed in a museum somewhere.

Thats what i'm saying, during all this abduction stuff not one person has pulled out a shotgun and plastered one of these little grey people all over his wall? I don't buy that, because if it has a physical body it can be destroyed. As small and light as these little greys are said to be you could probably just kick one to death or swat it with a fly swatter. If one of these little guys makes his way into my house, he's leaving in a body bag.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This isn't going to be a big thread with a lot to say so yeah...

Today I was thinking about it and I thought how a bunch of people are SO SURE that God exists and that Aliens don't exist or at least haven't visited Earth. Reason why I say "Saying aliens exist is like saying God exists" is because you have people who believe in God JUST BECAUSE it says so in a book, obviously written by man who claims it's God's words. Well if they can believe in God because they read it in some book called the bible, why can't people believe that aliens exist and have visited Earth after reading that out of a book?

God has just as much proof of it's existence as Aliens do. Maybe more evidence supporting Aliens than God.
Maybe both exist. I believe in UFOs and Aliens and I believe in a higher power, not "God".

Did I make any sense at all? I'm really trying to make a point here but I don't really know if I know what I'm talking about lol so PLEASE do not shoot me down...In no way am I trying to offend anyone so please share your opinions, and no one fight with each other over your opinions or else Mods will have to run this thread until it's closed.

Please keep it civil

It does make sense. It is the same thing to claim god and aliens. The things is that aliens are the new religion to a point. We no longer think of things as unexplainable, so god must have been an alien or a fancy story.

There is nothing nefarious about this. We just see the world differently than previous generations. In the transition people will explain the old using the new. it is still possible, and it isn't crazy or wrong. it is no more wrong than the original stories.

There is a huge shift in religion/beliefs going on. It will be rough, but it doesn't really matter (every generation goes through it). Life will go on.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

You wrote:

["Because i believe that demons and what we call "aliens" are one and the same."]

Exclusively? Are all aliens demons and vice versa. And are demons (a paranormal) part of this cosmos or from 'outside' cosmos, e.g. allegedly 'fallen angels'.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In one post (02:10 PM) you write:

["provide concrete scientific proof that aliens exist, like a real body that can be tested or a spaceship or even a living alien."]

(Obviously contemporary eye-wittnesses are excluded).

In another post (02:35 PM) you write:

["and master chief had never been seen by real people to raise the dead TWICE, feed thousands from just a few loaves of bread and fish, heal the blind and deaf and he even knew what you were going to do LONG before you did it and without even seeing you previously he knew what you HAD done. So many people saw Jesus work his miracles that even without the bible people were still talking about it hundreds of years after the fact."]

Where you just repeat what the bible tells you to believe, WITHOUT a IOTA of evidence, except hearsay 1600+ years old.

So YOU can refer to your mythological manual as 'true', while other people have to produce evidence? Generally such is not considered part of a rational dialogue.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Where would you be without God. Where would you be without the aliens. Where would you be without love. Where would you be without chocolate. Yes, chocolate. According to sumerian culture, aliens came forth with seeds for those who deserved them. God is love. Chocolate is love. It is sacred. It is love. Love is sacred. God is sacred. Eat of all the fruit in the earth exept for this one, unless you are godly and hold an attrition with the gods, because on that very day you will have felt something sacred, that which is love in it's chemical form brought forth by the gods, and you will have felt love for what is not right, and it will have compelled you to do more wrongs than can have been made right. Do not steal. Return what is not yours. Return what is sacred to me. Return my physical love to me. It is sacred and must be returned.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think it's pretty hard NOT to believe in aliens, with an infinite amount of planets there MUST be SOMETHING out there...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
iits no where near the same. we have physical evidence of ufos. not of god.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join