It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saying Aliens Exist Is Just Like Saying God Exists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This isn't going to be a big thread with a lot to say so yeah...

Today I was thinking about it and I thought how a bunch of people are SO SURE that God exists and that Aliens don't exist or at least haven't visited Earth. Reason why I say "Saying aliens exist is like saying God exists" is because you have people who believe in God JUST BECAUSE it says so in a book, obviously written by man who claims it's God's words. Well if they can believe in God because they read it in some book called the bible, why can't people believe that aliens exist and have visited Earth after reading that out of a book?

God has just as much proof of it's existence as Aliens do. Maybe more evidence supporting Aliens than God.
Maybe both exist. I believe in UFOs and Aliens and I believe in a higher power, not "God".

Did I make any sense at all? I'm really trying to make a point here but I don't really know if I know what I'm talking about lol so PLEASE do not shoot me down...In no way am I trying to offend anyone so please share your opinions, and no one fight with each other over your opinions or else Mods will have to run this thread until it's closed.

Please keep it civil

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can see that, though I've never seen God flying through the sky like I have a UFO twice in my life =)

Ofcourse that UFO could have been a secret government craft.. what I will say though is that I think it's highly more probable that Aliens exist than the deity man invented known as God .. or Zeus .... or take your pick from the many that man have invented throughout history

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If God exists, then he has to be Alien.

Not at all comparable to the average human

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Come on people, at least flag the thread, not looking for stars specifically. This thread could turn into a HUGE thread with some GREAT insight...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
This isn't going to be a big thread with a lot to say so yeah...

Today I was thinking about it and I thought how a bunch of people are SO SURE that God exists and that Aliens don't exist or at least haven't visited Earth. Reason why I say "Saying aliens exist is like saying God exists" is because you have people who believe in God JUST BECAUSE it says so in a book, obviously written by man who claims it's God's words. Well if they can believe in God because they read it in some book called the bible, why can't people believe that aliens exist and have visited Earth after reading that out of a book?

God has just as much proof of it's existence as Aliens do. Maybe more evidence supporting Aliens than God.
Maybe both exist. I believe in UFOs and Aliens and I believe in a higher power, not "God".

Did I make any sense at all? I'm really trying to make a point here but I don't really know if I know what I'm talking about lol so PLEASE do not shoot me down...In no way am I trying to offend anyone so please share your opinions, and no one fight with each other over your opinions or else Mods will have to run this thread until it's closed.

Please keep it civil
I CANT see your point considering that is a false statement.. aliens obviously been visiting look at crop circles... not the lil fake board ones made with wood... cant make radiation from wood or supergrowth... obviously it wasnt from earth... predicting stuff that would hapen years later and all the changes in the earth... im sure all the abductess have mental problems huh... ppl see real ufos all the time.. not talking bout military crafts..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Nope, the two cannot be compared.

Believing in alien life is believing that since life developed on our planet which happened to have the right conditions which were suitable for life, in the vast universe filled with hundreds of billions of galaxies, each holding hundreds of billions of stars, other life would develop out there. IMO it's not a belief, it's common sense.

Believing in god on the other hand is believing that a wizard man creating everything by using his magical powers, and that your invisible sorceror is the correct one and the hundreds of other gods within other religions that have came and gone over the years are incorrect.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference.
edit on 25-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I totally agree. But those people dont REALLY believe in God they wear just brainwashed into it. Just like they wear brainwashed to think Aliens are not real.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Many of us who believe in God do know that aliens exist. We don't call them aliens. We call them what they are.

Demons.

That's where the confusion is.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
exactly, no tangible evidence of either

except faith x

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What if we came about naturally? Evolving from the earth?

Does that make Earth our God?

If that's true, then the other two (Aliens and God) don't necessarily exist at all..
edit on 25-8-2011 by DAZ21 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Tonight, when it's dark and if it's clear, go look outside in the sky.

The heavens declare the handy work of the Lord.

Heck, go look out your window.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

We did come from the earth. We were created from the earth in the image and likeness of God.

Isn't that awesome ?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Something zapping around on a radarscreen at very high speed and making abrupt 90 degree turns, while also being observed visually by military pilots, isn't in the same class of evidence as a 1600+ year old myhological manual.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Skate

Many of us who believe in God do know that aliens exist. We don't call them aliens. We call them what they are.

Demons.

That's where the confusion is.

Yes, demons on radarscreens.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure that believing in God and believing in aliens are the same. For one thing, the aliens are commonly thought of as actual objects which can be seen and measured. God is not a physical object that can be measured. His effects can be seen, but people are divided over whether the cause is God or some natural phenomena.

On the other hand, you might be saying that they're the same because we don't have physical proof of either. That may be true, but there are many things we believe in that we don't have physical proof for. Things like the insanely small particles that physicts believe exist, or our thoughts and emotions (we can feel their effects, but we can't see the emotion, we can't put it in a bottle and say that's the emotion of love).

Anyway, nice idea for a thread. I hope it goes on for quite a while.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well what if we were engineered by aliens. Then they'd be our Gods. Haha

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Oh dear.

Military black projects.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Genesis 1:1 states that "In the beginning(time), God created the heavens(space), and the earth(matter)." Reading this statement, I believe that God exists outside of time, space and matter, as it states that he created all three.

If man is able to see aliens and ufos, then they also must be made of matter, therefore created.

Merriam-Websters defines Alien as "differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility"
and UFO as "an unidentified flying object"

IMHO, it is the epitome of self-centered attitude for mankind to think that we humans are the only sentient beings in existence. And that same attitude will be our downfall.

it is my opinion that that which we call alien, is actually demons physically manifesting themselves to us in a way that they think that we humans would accept.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

But we weren't. So they're not.

We were engineered by the Creator. So he is our God.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Who said that, a book? I've read humpty dumpty but i don't believe he's real.
edit on 25-8-2011 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join