It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't shake this feeling of impending Doom...I have 2012 Depression.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't feel depressed, but years ago I had wierd messages about something coming. I got message on how to prepare myself both physically(get inland, up high, with all I need to survive) and spiritually (lessons on self mastership and balance, practical methods of acheiving mental/emotional balance, lessons in leadership). I have felt the "deadline" coming closer and closer. Today I woke up feeling really bizarre, everything surealistic..... I actually wondered for many hours if I was just dreaming that I got up! I feel like we are really on the edge. Whatever it is is imminent now.

But I have no idea what "it" is.

I had this going on before I joined ATS though. In fact, it is pretty much why I joined ATS.

But I don't feel depressed. I feel prepared. For a challenge, or death, or I don't know. But I have developed what I was being guided to develop and now the contact with whatever or whoever was guiding me seems temporarily cut off. But even that seems to have been part of the original message- I'd be on my own when the time approaches, so I needed to be prepared to rely only on myself.

This day continues to be wierd, though I am pretty sure I am awake!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And this is why I post in 2012 threads. People are overloading on this nonsense and it is making them depressed. I have already pointed out that Harold Camping's prediction, that most people didn't take seriously, caused a number of suicides and grisly murder/suicides. Imagine the potential tragedy that 2012 can cause if these fearmongers are allowed to post their "theories" unimpeded. Here we have someone who doesn't even buy into the 2012 thing and they're getting depressed regarding it. When 2012 arrives and people are killing themselves and their loved ones over it I hope that those of you spreading the fear will realize that some of the blood is on your hands.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I've never had messages preparing me but i do have days where i wake up and can't shake off that feeling that something is going to happen to us all. Not always a bad feeling, i never know what i feel is going to happen but i just have that gut feeling. Or i will lay awake at night and just feel that if i go to sleep i won't wake up. I don't tend to go with these feelings as such because nothing has happened to suggest that i need to trust my gut feelings.
But like i said before, whatever is coming be it good or bad, we can't stop it so we need to deal with everyday life and take each day as it comes, because for all we know it could be our last day on earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You know the old cliche..."Prepare for the Worst, Hope for the Best."

If you drink in all this doom and gloom, continue to immerse yourself in dire predictions, it's difficult to NOT become depressed. You have to ask yourself what it is that YOU can change...if all these things are coming to pass. NWO? TPTB? Elenin? Supervolcanoes? Asteroids? Global economic meltdown?

Basically there's not much the average person can do to prevent those types of things.

What you CAN do is try to be prepared as best you can - Bug Out Bag, 72-hour kit, food storage, financial cushion in the bank, weapons for self-protection (if you're so inclined), family emergency plan, etc. Become as prepared as you can both temporally and spiritually...then just...BREATHE.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

i agree in all aspects of your post, but and yes there is always a but, if you do not feel that there is nothing going on or going to happen, why spend on over priced 72 hour kits, case lot sales and bulk is less costly and if nothing happens can be used up crackers caned tuna PB&J, caned soups ect a month is better than 72 hours, and that 72 hours if all goes well, FEMA and NG will be the ones coming in look at the Katrina response and say your ready...
Back to the down and out feeling.
I will say, after 9/11 are we really ready? is our number punched? live today as you would tomorrow, for tomorrow will be like yesterday, that is like today. No one knows what today will bring.

edit on 25-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the great input.

I hope I will not need professional help.

I appreciate the sound advice.

I guess focusing on the negative is not healthy.

Sometimes is just nice to know you are not alone.

At least because of ATS I now have a "BOB" (never heard of this before).

I really want to thank the people who took time to reply.

I will immediately take some of your advice to heart

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Jansy

i agree in all aspects of your post, but and yes there is always a but, if you do not feel that there is nothing going on or going to happen, why spend on over priced 72 hour kits, case lot sales and bulk is less costly and if nothing happens can be used up crackers caned tuna PB&J, caned soups ect a month is better than 72 hours, and that 72 hours if all goes well, FEMA and NG will be the ones coming in look at the Katrina response and say your ready...
Back to the down and out feeling.
I will say, after 9/11 are we really ready? is our number punched? live today as you would tomorrow, for tomorrow will be like yesterday, that is like today. No one knows what today will bring.

edit on 25-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

I agree that you shouldn't spend a fortune...but it NEVER hurts to be prepared. A BOB or 72-hour kit are helpful in many situations - and if you make up your OWN, you don't have to spend a lot. Even if you don't live in hurricane or earthquake country, or reside in Tornado Alley, you never know when you may have to leave your home in a hurry and remain away for some time. Just makes sense to prepare. Food storage is always helpful even when no natural disaster occurs...man-made disasters happen too (i.e., losing a job, family or neighbors in need).

An ounce of prevention...

(Oh shoot...I'm becoming trite.
)
edit on 25-8-2011 by Jansy because: Content

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I thought this was somewhat appropriate.

but then again, when is it not!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34cd409c5be9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25-8-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
And this is why I post in 2012 threads. People are overloading on this nonsense and it is making them depressed. I have already pointed out that Harold Camping's prediction, that most people didn't take seriously, caused a number of suicides and grisly murder/suicides. Imagine the potential tragedy that 2012 can cause if these fearmongers are allowed to post their "theories" unimpeded. Here we have someone who doesn't even buy into the 2012 thing and they're getting depressed regarding it. When 2012 arrives and people are killing themselves and their loved ones over it I hope that those of you spreading the fear will realize that some of the blood is on your hands.

Not telling the truth could be a form of reckless endangerment. Don't expect any help from NASA. We don't really know what incoming objects will do. They might not affect earth badly at all. But you should expect at least one planet in the inner solar system to draw the "short straw". Could be Mars. Kablooie!! Who cares, nobody lives there. Maybe Nibiru will strike Jupiter. Splatter. Screw Mars, screw Jupiter, they are expendable.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The 2012 phenomenon is not real.

Not even the Mayas predicted a cataclysm or catastrophe.

The people who fabricated the "2012 hype" are mostly Americans...some authors who used the simple fact that the Maya calendar "ends" for their purposes to create a new age fantasy of doom/gloom

--> main reason: $$$ + creating guilt in people (because Americans LIKE to feel guilty
)

The American "2012 catastrophe" hype is actually a perversion of the *real* Maya culture/history.

It's on YOU because each person has the choice to believe - believe the liars with the evil agenda who spread fear and guilt and make you believe in Nibiru/PlanetX etc. and a global cataclysm., mixing it all in with the 2012 hype etc... and continuing to spread lies and fear and taking anything they can which serves that purpose, eg. false claims about how planetary alignments cause Earthquakes or comets cause dead and destruction etc..etc..

However, their web of lies is spun VERY WELL because the longer you listen to those people the more you are getting convinced it is real (because one lie is supporting the other lie) - and once many people believe one big lie it becomes something like a religion and it's herd to get out of it again and see the truth/agenda behind it.

There will be ONE big awakening in 2012 (yes, that is a given!) but its not a cataclysm or catastrophe, but many people will realize the lies and agendas and will realize that CHANGE is not coming from outside but to change the world you have to do something YOURSELF

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The 2012 phenomenon is not real.

Wow, I wish I would of read this sooner.

I feel all better now.

And Mom, I didn't even know you had an ATS account.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I was reading a nibiru thread with Blase scepticism yesterday when I clicked o a link to an australian guy.
He was claiming apocalyptic earthquakes of 12-15 magnitude along the ring of fire on 26 august and even though at the back of my head analysing it and thinking it looks like a seminar so he's probably sold tickets and somehow China is going to disappear but Australia will be fine apart from a tsunami on the west coast, I just freaked out and had a complete anxiety attack. I woke up this morning and it was still there; just really deep set sense of something ominous about to happen.
The only reason I'm even mildly calm is because I went to the doctor as it was making me physically sick and he prescribed me some medication.

I've never had freakout or a panic attack like that.

Not sure if its too much ATS, but something about that spooked me really bad. Also wtf is up with the media. I'm seeing non stop Hollywood apocalypse/alien/dystopia movies coming out. Even the B-Movie channels are playing doom and gloom. Just this morning I've seen 'ice quake' & 'arctic blast'.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by unsolicited

I actually took the serious suggestions on this thread to heart.

After reflection, I realized I was focusing on all the negative.

I really did take the time last night to sky watch.

I took an inventory of the things I had to be thankful about.

Although I had a few smart a$$ replies.

For the most part the people of ATS actually helped me.

I am glad you went to the doctor. I really thought about it.

Panic attacks are no fun. In the past I have had a few.

I think it's just apocalypse overload.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You need to get out into nature. Ride a bike. Play some ball.

Connect with the earth and not just random garble on the interwebz.

Then you will see that its all bull#.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever known a time that I didn't have this sense of impending doom.

What will be will be though. Instead of my childhood panic attacks I just look around and see that I live in interesting times, even some ordinarily disinterested friends seem more concerned about some impending end of the world than I. I mean seriously worried...One couple even set their wedding to 31st October this year so they are married before 2012..lol and no I haven't mentioned that might be a little too late according to some here.

I will not be robbed of my sense of humour about it neither & nor will my family. (My other half and the kids recently got me an old Victorian chapel Hymn Board to overhang my Harmonium computer desk which instead of hymn numbers they slotted in *The end is nigh*)
The cheeky blighters. They think I'm bonkers, but they know it's only because I worry for them not myself. But hey that's what mother's do isn't it?

So instead of living like some wailing soothsayer warning the Pompeiians I give myself over to just being watchful & mindful of what could be...And without necessarily going out of my way to fill every corner with supplies (I have my Armageddon larder though which I fill to heaving point twice a year though because my first born son can eat for England). I'm busying myself with nurturing my garden because it's better on the family pocket and more nutritious (But yeah, it might come in handy if the SHTF too right?) I have the luxury of having a back garden the size of a tennis court.

You know what I most worry about?...It's not all this Doom & Gloom, might or might not...Just the fact that we and our future generations have so lost touch with how to do, make, mend and live without our so called luxuries that my children & theirs would be unprepared for anything. Again though I have the luxury of a hubby that can and has done almost anything he puts his hand to. We are learning together the old ways & not so old ways to look after ourselves and others, and when all is said and done that's got to be a good thing right? It's not so much a case that I NEED to know how to do things my ancestors knew to get along, but it pisses me off that I don't..So I'm doing something about it.

I'm still looking forward to the future though...Worrying about not having money put by for Christmas, paying the rates and chugging along with the damn decorating....Woe betide anything that gets in the way of my kids Christmas. Even Aliens wouldn't like to see me when I'm angry.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That's one of those things that bother me. I have absolutely no 'real' skillsk. If it all came on top I would have no ability to sustain myself.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I sit here a read this 2012 "End of the World" stuff on a daily basis.

^ That right there is your problem.

If the world is going to end, then why don't you go out into it and enjoy it while it lasts.

Ask yourself "If I had one year left on earth what would I do?" then do all the things on your list.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

(not mine, but it made me smile)

"What do you do when your Mayan calendar comes to an end?"

"Buy a new Mayan calendar."

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sit back, enjoy a doobie and surround yourself with loved ones as often as possible. That way when the end approaches you look back at your life and say good thing I did it right this time looks like I'm not going to have another chance...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The most important thing to learn about 2012 is that it is all a hoax. The tales of woe are made up rubbish. The tales of something wonderful are also rubbish.

Take the time to learn why these tales are not true. Learn to identify the baloney by asking questions of anything that you are asked to take for granted such as:
1. An incoming brown dwarf
2. Photon belts
3. Gaining more helices in DNA
4. Earthquake predictions
etc

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join