It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't shake this feeling of impending Doom...I have 2012 Depression.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For the last few days this incredible feeling of doom has come over me.

I am not special. I have no supernatural powers. I just a regular guy.

I sit here a read this 2012 "End of the World" stuff on a daily basis.

For the most part I have been completely unaffected by the predictions.

So I thought. 2012 seems to be a big part of my uneasy feelings.

Now I'm not making a prediction. I have no idea what if anything will happen.

I just wonder if I am alone? How do you good people of ATS deal with all the gloom?

I try to meditate but I'm really lousy at it. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Whatever is coming this year or next, you cannot change so don't get worked up about it. If it hits the fan, it's going to do it with or without our concern ya know? What you have to do is be in the moment. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, be there, soak it up. By worrying you are only bringing yourself down and taking away from life's moments. Try to just be. It's difficult but you have to remind yourself, then as time goes on you won't have to remind yourself so frequently.

link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Well what good is that going to do ? Look if something is with'in your power to absolutely drop it because it is making feel bad or look like a fool to your peers. All I have to say to you is MAN UP! You need to do what's best for you first.

The way I look at it. The only thing that is going to happen? Is what is supposed to happen. Nothing more nothing less and there isn't anything I can do to change that. So everyday is just another day up to the last day.

Hope this helps.
edit on 25-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
Dude, I'm depressed the world is gonna collapse under my feet. I'm so jumpy today, my mother turned on the facet I jumped to the floor thinking doom.You are not alone, some of it effects us too.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ha! I flagged it just because the title summed up some thoughts I've had, Im still skeptical about the whole doomsday thing..but...I was a bit worried about the NASA warnings/Solar Flares/Bunkers.

That raises a few causes for concern....and the fact that, I, as nothing but a statistic to the government...would be left to die a horrible death and theres nothing I can do about it....

2012 depression indeed! lol.

Spose I'll just hope for the best

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I was the same, it terrified me to read all these 2012 predictions. I felt my time was becoming short, i knew that everyone was right, 2012 would come and that would be the end of us but then it all changed.
Not long back there was plenty of prediction threads all predicting the end of the world, think it was 21st May. People went mad, billboards went up and then Nothing. Nothing happened. Then the next day more of the same predictions and again nothing.
That is when i changed, i stopped worrying.
I don't know why i guess it was all these false predictions , but now i've seen all this it made me think. 2012 is probably just another prediction like Y2K. If it happens it happens but i stopped worrying and now take it in my stride. It's hard to explain but i used to be like you and all i thought of was doom and gloom. My family hated it
but as we get nearer and nearer to 2012 and more and more predictions fall through, i realise im probably worrying about nothing.
All these threads about 28th October 2011 being the correct date and not 21st December 2012, i just laugh now and don't worry. If it's going to happen, whatever it is be it the end of the world or us entering The Age of Aquarius, we can't stop it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Cheer up trooper. Something's going to happen... something wonderful.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Don't be down, the world is a beautiful place. Embrace it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ah yes this too shall pass, there is no mushroom cloud heading for us or any one, this too shall be like the Y2K, great for the 72hour and other survivor sellers, not so good for you that feel that have to buy. sarcasm ends...
OK so you feel bummed out depressed that that the world as we see it, and know it will come to and end.
I say, name just one thing and one thing only, that says yes this will happen, excluding all the 2012 dooms day stuff, for if you can then your the best investing journalist ever, for i have not found one, oh sure an EQ will split Cal in 2, Yellow Stone will wipe out all of North America, the new Madrid fault will make the Miss flow backwards and Obama will be reelected. the only one that could come true in our life time is... fill in the blank, and that is the one that should scare you... oh you can only pick (Obama will be reelected) feel better now that you know what is the real doom and gloom

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

S&F you should not worry about thing you can not change nor see, EQ's, storms, and floods will come and go , just like the tides and winds, learn how to go with flow and you will be fine. Think back to the Y2K what happened ???... Nothing!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why so serious?

If the world ends, at least your depression will cease.

If the world doesn't end, then you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

All those nice comments were really making me feel better.

Then I read yours...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
So I thought. 2012 seems to be a big part of my uneasy feelings.

How do you good people of ATS deal with all the gloom?

Mostly I just get annoyed that there are so many morons in the world who believe any of this garbage.
Having to share this planet with them? sheesh....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I will admit to having the same problem sometimes. When I get like that, I usually step away from ATS for a little while and my normal, sunny disposition comes back soon. You don't have to read in the 2012 forum on here to get worried. Most of the stuff posted in any of the forums is scary, depressing, or just people arguing with each other. With that said, I still love ATS. I just have to keep myself from getting sucked in TOO much.

Besides that, I tend to keep in mind that there have been MANY predictions made on ATS over the years and to my knowledge, none of them have come to fruition. Somebody did dream about the Japan earthquake, I think, and that actually happened, but besides that, most of the predictions thrown out there just don't happen. I try to keep that in mind.

Now 2012 is a big one, I know. It isn't just a prediction that has been posted here on ATS, but we've lived through big predictions before. Y2k comes to mind. We made it through that without a hitch. Being that I'm just 35, I'm sure there were other big dates and disasters predicted before I was born, or when I was too young to know about such things, yet the Earth is still spinning. I think as humans, we're always trying to figure everything out, but in the big scheme of things, we know very little.

I'm pretty sure none of us know exactly what will happen in Dec. 2012, but one thing is for sure... if ANYTHING is going to happen, worrying and being depressed isn't going to stop it so I try not to.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sometimes you just need to get outside and breathe.

Go for a walk, a hike in the mountains. Get away from the computer, even if just for the day and go somewhere peaceful. Go to a lake or ocean and just stare at the water - it can be very refreshing and relaxing.

And remember all these 2012 predictions are false.

And remember that when our time has come to die it will be a beautiful spiritual experience - I promise.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

....Now I'm not making a prediction. I have no idea what if anything will happen.

I just wonder if I am alone? How do you good people of ATS deal with all the gloom? ....

If you are awake it is hard not to feel gloomy.

The only way to deal with it is to take an active part in the FIGHT.

For example every one can do their small part by leaving a comment in the Federal Register. We defeated "Their Plans" last time by a major turn out so lets try and do it again: see thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another pending decision we should all be screaming about is outlined in this Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
More info is in these two articles from this post
Call your State Attorney General office, use the post to inform others about the nasty trick played on US citizens FAX ( not write) your congress critters and Senators.

We out number these S.O.B.s all we have to do is get off our duffs and get out there and DO some educating!

This is NOT about Left vs Right it is about the top economic 0.01% (one-hundredth of one percent) of the population,...who caused this economic crisis, raping the rest of us.

I go out to farmers markets, flea markets and any where it is not illegal to hand out cards and EDUCATE.

I use hand written index cards although the back of a business card works well too. Stay away from slick pamphlets. You want it personal one on one. Stay away from religion and left vs right politics.

Take a leaf out of The fully informed jury movement www.fija.org...

Inform the public and THEN pass state laws.

We have a RIGHT to a trial by jury in criminal matters or in civil matters over $20. Jurors have the RIGHT to NULLIFY laws. That is what "case law" is all about.

...Informed jury amendments have been filed as an initiative in seven states and legislation has been introduced in the Alaska state legislature....

Today, the constitutions of only two states -- Maryland and Indiana -- clearly declare the nullification right, although two others -- Georgia and Oregon -- refer to it obliquely. The informed jury movement would like all states to require that judges instruct juries on their power to serve, in effect, as the final legislature of the land concerning the law in a particular case....

Those who have endorsed the right of a jury to judge both the law and the facts include Chief Justice John Jay, Samuel Chase, Dean Roscoe Pound, Learned Hand and Oliver Wendell Holmes. According to the Yale Law Journal in 1964, during the first third of the 19th century judges did inform juries of the right, forcing lawyers to argue "the law -- its interpretation and validity -- to the jury." By the latter part of the century, however, judges and state law were increasingly moving against nullification. In 1895 the US Supreme Court upheld the principle but ruled that juries were not to be informed of it by defense attorneys, nor were judges required to tell them about it....
prorev.com...

Another weapon, one every single one of us should be pushing for, is a state law allowing voters to recall federal Senators and Representatives as well as state. www.recalltherogues.org...

The Ten Amendment (State Nullification) is another critical issue.
www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

The biggest Achilles Heel of TPTB is the local and state governments. TPTB has tried to control it by using controlled "grassroots" organizations called NGOs who lure "Activists" into the likes of the World Wildlife Federation. SEE: www.ogiek.org...

The best way to negate TPTBs weapon of infiltrating and taking control of Activist Organizations is to do what the tea party did. DON"T organize on a state or national level stay small it drives them crazy!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I tell you, I was having the same problem for the last few months. My advice to you is take to the skies. I hope you don't live in an area where light pollution prevents you from doing so.

Gazing at the stars has helped me in ways I can't possibly describe in fullness.

Even if you do live where it is difficult to view the sky, just escape it for a couple hours a week. Find good spot, take a reclining lawn chair and just check it out.

Here is a taste of how it's made me feel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Try and focus on the positive/good things in life, nothing will happen in 2012 its just a lot
of nonsense, and its silly to dwell on it and make yourself depressed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
First stop reading the end of the world posts.

Second, get some professional help.

Even if the world were ending you should still be living your life not sitting around being depressed.

People have been predicting the end of the world for centuries. So far they haven't been right.

All these posts about the Mayan calendar or the plant Niburi are just made up BS. The Mayan calendar will begin a new age. Our calendar ends every year, but the world doesn't end. Think about it.

With regard to the planet Niburi, if it were coming to destroy us, there would be hundreds of astronomers posting about it. Instead it's just a few people that "Know" the truth and everyone else is wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
For the last few days this incredible feeling of doom has come over me.

I am not special. I have no supernatural powers. I just a regular guy.

I call this "ATS-itis"
This is what happens when you read all the doom-and-gloom threads, if you don't keep your discernment on high alert it starts to affect your perception of the world. I'm not sure of your age, but if you're young then let me assure you that this doom-and-gloom stuff is nothing new, it's ALWAYS been around. The Internet has caused it to proliferate, but even when I was a kid in the 60's we routinely did emergency drills in school in case of the nuclear holocaust that everyone was convinced could happen at any moment. For my whole life I've heard the world is going to end soon- tomorrow, or next week, or next month, etc. So far all the predictions have been wrong and there's really no reason to think they're right now, so don't let it get to you. If you're getting anxious then maybe a break from ATS is in order, tough as that may be

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join