It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vinegar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

No problem!
I've only dried and smoked homegrown rose petals. I am unsure of how to approach rose buds in terms of harvesting for tea, but the best we've found were young, nice smelling, tight and richly colored.

Be cautioned: cotton sprouting bags will smell like mildew easily. Go with hemp. They're relatively easy to make. It's much cheaper that way too.

I had sprouted pintos for breakfast today! And was drinking kombucha as I found this thread.
Thanks again, all.

Kal - send me a pm, if you remember, once you try that infusion.
edit on 8/26/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I really do not mean to sound negitive but Vinegar is one of the least expensive things in the grocery store, and last foever, why would you make it when you can buy gallons of it on the cheap?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

Cause it is fun and you can make different flavors than what you can buy. Anything made homemade is better, then you know what is in it and you can control the quality. But there is nothing wrong with buying it either, to each his own.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Anybody know this man personally?
He sure seems like a good friend to have if anything were to "happen."

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
can you explain how to affect % acidity,,, store bought is usually 5% acidity,,, where as the health grade is usually 35%,,,,,

i would like to make some strong stuff for weed dessecant,,,,, and some for ph, health reasons with the "mother" included,,,,,,,,,,, a shame they remove the best stuff for cosmetic, icky, reasoning

ps... ac vin for dandruff ,,, works and cheaper than selsen blue and less chemicals as well

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

there are 1000s of uses for vinegar
i love it and will give it a try

thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Great thread DaddyBare, I had no idea you could use vinegar in so many different ways ..Now that you posted this im going to try and make it ive got a old red wing crock that would be perfect for this ..Thanks for the info and S&F for another interesting thread..Peace sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It also keeps Vampires away:

I Am Legend
answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a great use for vinegar is as a shampoo for head lice, even though the scent of vinegar will stay for a while, all head lice will disapear and die.

works better than some of the store bought remedies anyway.
great post for all the info.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I never knew you could actually make your own vinegar! Shows I need to read a little more I think. Do the peelings distintergrate completely? If not, do you think they are safe to put in the compost once the vinegar is made?

Thanks heaps.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

The 5% white vinegar is fairly cheap yes, but the darker cider vinegar is not its like 3 times the price as white,I use it for pickling because of the flavor .In a SHTF situation you wont be able to buy any( most likely) so making your own would be a great asset.

Great thread as I have tried to find info on making your own vinegar with very limited success .I had no idea you could make so many different types.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am hoping the original poster will confirm.

In one of the first comments someone mentioned using a raw egg. I think ??? that the raw egg was still in the shell and whole while it served as a hydrometer.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ok, I am now a believer in the benefits of vinegar. I had food poisoning earlier this week. The only remaining symptom I had by the end of the week was this terrible headache that would come about in the morning, dissipate by afternoon, and then return in the evening. It was the kind of headache where when you stood up, the world would start to go black and your head felt like it was going to pop from pressure.

Don't know why, but last night I grabbed a bottle of apple cider vinegar out of the cupboard and took a tablespoon of it. Instantly I felt better, and as I turned away from the sink, I realized that my headache was completely gone! It came back slightly this morning, but again, as soon as I took some vinegar, it vanished.

All I can say is, "Wow".

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I was online yesterday looking for home remedies for my cat who has an earmite infection and came across http/www.earthclinc.com/pets/acv_for_cats.html this site has some great home remedies especially about apple cider vinegar(raw-mother) some of the stories in the above section are sad and also heartwarming when you read about what this home remedy has done for some peoples furry friends, apparently if you apply a small amount to the back of your cats neck, there is an area there that absorbs the acv and it does wonders for their immune system,

One story of a guy who"s dog was extremely ill and the vets wanted to do major surgery, but could'nt gurantee his dog would survive, I think his dog was older as well, he stumbled across earthclinic and tried the acv orally, (mixed with food), diluted as an ointment, cleaned open sores, and an eye infection, you get the idea. Suffice to say his dog was up and about after just over 5 weeks. Said his dog has never been healthier

Bought some today $4.99 Herbal remedy section Shoppers Drug Mart- she tried to sell me the the pills for $35.00
didn't even respond just walked to the cash checkout.http/www.earthclinic.com/pets/acv_for_cats.htmlearthclinic

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

how do you make that hard apple cider DB? I've got plenty of honey stored up also. lol. Doesn't go bad and works wonders when your sick. It must have another purpose I don't know of that you know lol

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57

how do you make that hard apple cider DB? I've got plenty of honey stored up also. lol. Doesn't go bad and works wonders when your sick. It must have another purpose I don't know of that you know lol

It's really easy in fact it's no harder than making Vinegar
How to make hard apple Cider click here

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join