It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood vaccines are largely safe, U.S. panel finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by DieBravely
I agree, and just as the thread title says, "largely safe?"

Better be totally safe or else STOP FORCING IT ON CHILDREN DAMN IT!

Right - so you want a totally risk free existance?

Do you drive your kids in a car? Do you let them play? Heck do you let them get out of bed even??
If you do then you are clearly a hypocrite since none of these things are totally safe either.

Measles KILLED about 3 child sufferers in every 1000 in the USA from 1987 - 2000. Fatality rates in the 3rd world or with already compromised patients can reach as high as 30%.

So which would you rather have - a slight chance your child will suffer some discomfort from a vaccine, or an smaller but still very real chance they will DIE from measles??

Yes that all sounds well and good.. unless it's YOUR child that ends up with a permanent brain damage that requires lifetime care. Would you let your kids in someone else's unroadworthy car? The MMR vaccine used to be available in seperate vaccines but they took that option away. Common sense says that more sensitive immune systems would be better off avoiding combination vaccines and having them in single shots.

The "You're going to cause a world plague" fear mongering doesn't work. Condemning innocent babies to severe brain damage to improve infant mortality rates is just wrong and unnecessary. It should be up to vaccine companies to improve safety not up to parents to play russian roulette with their children.
edit on 31-8-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Right - so condemning lots of children to death to avoid brain damage to a very small number is OK.

In real terms the USA used to have 450 DEATHS and 4000 cases of encephalitis (brain damage) from measles a year before vaccines.

Even if all the 5000 or so cases in the US omnibus autism case are accepted, that's about 250-400 cases a year - or 6-10% the the rate of brain damage that used to be suffered.

So you think a decrease of 90-94% in brain damage isn't actually worthwhile!!

Your point about unroadworthy cars is irrelevant - plenty of people get killed on the roads through the actions of others not therough the fault of them or for any problem in their car. Merely by taking your child in your car anywhere you risk its life - even if you have the best car in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The good they do far out ways any argument for not having them.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

Right - so condemning lots of children to death to avoid brain damage to a very small number is OK.

I have SEEN the anguish vaccine injury can cause. I don't care how many statistics you post.. condemning children to death or brain damage so others can avoid getting sick is disgusting. They could even screen and find those children predisposed to vaccine injury but don't bother to to cut costs and to avoid admitting liability.

What happened to the hypocratic oath of "do no harm?" Why should people have to die or be brain damaged to save others from the disease? Why should one child's life be considered worth less than others?
edit on 1-9-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Childhood vaccines are largely safe..... I think that says it all.
The answer is staring us in the face.
Most vaccines are safe and are only for what they say they are.

The question then is, which ones aren't largely safe? Why and what effects? And what can be done about it if anything and who can be held accountable if anyone?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I do usually link sources in the majority of my posts, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

Smallpox used to be a horrific disease and now it doesn't exist, you can spout "hygiene and nutrition" all you want, but the fact of the matter is vaccines are responsible for complete eradication of it. Hygiene and nutrition just wouldn't work in a disease that contagious and deadly, it is estimated that around 50% of those infected, died (80% in children); not to mention complete scarring and disfigurement. No matter how clean, or well fed you are, if you were near a person who had smallpox, odds are you would catch it.

Explain what part you think about the following procedure that "does not work":

- A vaccine contains a dead or weakened form of the virus in question
- It is introduced into the body where it evokes an immune response
- The immune system produces the corresponding antibodies to the virus, destroying the virus
- These antibodies are then 'remembered' by the immune system
- Should the full blown disease enter the body at a later date, the antibodies will be waiting and will easily destroy it

That is, in simple terms, what a vaccine is and does.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

In real terms the USA used to have 450 DEATHS and 4000 cases of encephalitis (brain damage) from measles a year before vaccines.

Even if all the 5000 or so cases in the US omnibus autism case are accepted, that's about 250-400 cases a year - or 6-10% the the rate of brain damage that used to be suffered.

Your point about unroadworthy cars is irrelevant - plenty of people get killed on the roads through the actions of others not therough the fault of them or for any problem in their car. Merely by taking your child in your car anywhere you risk its life - even if you have the best car in the world.

So just to be clear, your saying vaccines somehow 'magically' cure brain damage?

Bah ha ha....

Boy you shills I got to give it to you, your a dedicated bunch. But I'm SURE that's mostly because of the pay. Not real bright but defiantly dedicated. I guess the bad economy has even affected the black budget.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuberculosis began a remarkable disappearing act. Killing perhaps 500 out of every 100,000 Europeans in 1845, consumption slowly but continuously sank to 50 per 100,000 by 1950. Curative medicine played little part in that transition. The disappearance began before Koch discovered the tubercle bacillus.

The steady decline of whooping cough between 1930 and 1957 is predictive of a linear exponential decay characteristic of a general and progressive lessening in the volume and spread of infection among the susceptible population. With this pattern well established before 1957, there is no evidence that vaccination played a major role in the decline in incidence and mortality in the trend of events."5

From these figures, we can see that death rates from typhoid decreased by 91 percent from 1910 to 1937 and death rates from diphtheria declined by 90.5 percent during the same time period. The decrease in diphtheria occurred well before the use of vaccination.

Source

This is but 1 source, I have many. Might want to move on to another subject cause I can tell by your ridiculous post that your way out of your league on this one.

a decrease of 90-94% in brain damage

Oh man that's some funny sht!!! Why not just say 100%?

Ok, Dr. Gaul answer me this. If Vacs are so great then why does the CDC pay out Hundreds of millions of dollars every year to victims/claimants?

Here I'll help you a bit as I know good help is hard to find.

In 2010 the CDC paid to Claims Filed: $188,774,711.55

Any questions?

Source: CDC Look it up, I'm not going to spoon feed you........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look people don't let these imbecile Doctors stick you children with this crap. Would you let a junkie main line you? No That's exactly what you are doing to your children!!!!!

Ask your Doctor to give you the ingredients list before they give you or your child the Vac. They cant because they don't have it. Any questions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some visual aids for the literally challenged.

edit on 3-9-2011 by GoKill because: paging Dr Gaul

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
[

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Niobis

Yes you are right, can you believe I am 51 years old, and just discovered after been tested for antibodies from vaccines due to been a volunteer at the local hospital, that I am missing an entire childhood panel, well I was told by the hospital that did the test that I should get the vaccines as soon as possible, I told them that in 51 years I had no need for them why do I need them now.

In thirty years I have never been in a car accident. Should I therefore drive without wearing my seat belt? After all, I've never needed it before!

Certain vaccinations are needed buy like anything in this country big pharma profits are put over the safety of the citizens.

Their profits depend on the safety of their product. First they have to convince the FDA that's it's safe and efficacious. This is not a quick or easy process. Doesn't matter how many lobbyists you have in Congress; the FDA isn't Congress. Then, if we're talking routine vaccinations, they have to convince the CDC to approve it for their schedule. If you can't convince the CDC it would be better for everyone to have it than not have it, it doesn't go on the recommended list and it languishes in vaccine purgatory. Then they still have to monitor the vaccinated population for years to come, because the trial lawyers will use any excuse to sue "big pharma." If there's even a hint of a correlated adverse reaction, hundreds of cases will be filed at the VICP. Even meritless cases can cost a lot of money, both in lawyers' bills and awards.

Even without all those hoops to jump through, vaccines would not be big money makers anyway. Cholesterol pills are big money. Erection pills are big money. Pain pills are big money. Something you can sell to a well-off adult, and make him or her buy for the rest of their life, that's big money. Giving a shot to a kid, which will prevent a disease for decades or even the rest of his life, is not big money. If they really put profits over safety, they would've buried the vaccines and invented treatments for childhood illnesses, instead.

For the number of no seatbelt tickets issued per year + the vehicles that did not have seatbelts = flawed logic. There are certain situations where seat belts are better not to have and lets also think about how bikes do not have them (although now some have air bags). Your tactic of only choice a and b is flawed. Some people have learned more about thinking dynamically than linearly. we do have more choices than you lead to believe......and one day i hope you too see more of them.

In regards to not being big money, again there is a bigger picture you just missed. There is no money is healthy people and there is no money in dead people.....so I will let you figure out where the money rolls in from

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
seroxatsecrets.wordpress.com...

Just another example of following the money:

The news that one of the doctors on an FDA panel assessing whether GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)’s diabetes drug Avandia causes too many heart attacks failed to disclose he was a paid speaker for the company points out a giant hole in the FDA’s regulations

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

You know why you never met anyone with polio? Because of vaccines. Pen and Teller put it the best.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Again. Just because people are asking for safer vaccines and honesty about the risks does not mean they are against them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

They have been honest there are little to no risk in getting vaccinated. The real risk is not getting vaccinated and putting your child in harm.

Now for those "follow the money people" you want to know a real person who profited off of vaccinations? The one that tried linking them to autism. He wanted to cause a scare so his company could produce a "Safer" Vaccine.

www.popsci.com...

"But what about the mercury!!" the AV crowd cries, well theres more mercury in tuna fish than there is in Vaccines.

Is there people perhaps profiting off some vaccines? I'll admit yes, swine flu, and the STD Vaccines for little girls was an obvious money grab. But the ones for measle, mumps, polio, small pox, chicken pox, ect ect have had a good century of medical study and backing and have saved countless lives and cost little to make so there is no big money in producing them.

But hey I'm for liberty and freedoms and all that jazz. If you choose not to get vaccinated or child then you have to live with the repercussions.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have not seen this posted yet, unless I missed it.

Some food for thought. Take it or leave it - to each his own decisions and thoughts.

Interview of ex vaccine researcher Source

Q: You were once certain that vaccines were the hallmark of good medicine.
A: Yes I was. I helped develop a few vaccines. I won't say which ones. Q: Why not? A: I want to preserve my privacy.

Q: So you think you could have problems if you came out into the open?
A: I believe I could lose my pension.
Q: On what grounds?
A: The grounds don't matter. These people have ways of causing you problems, when you were once part of the Club. I know one or two people who were put under surveillance, who were harassed.

I have been trying to bring snippets of this report, but every time I do, I end up copy quite a bit of information. I could basically copy the entire reading material with all the important information.

Please read the interview.

If you want to believe the CDC claim of immunizations being safe, so be it. Please stop thinking that the unvaccinated child(ren) are putting your child at risk.

Q: To avoid any confusion, I'd like you to review, once more, the disease problems that vaccines can cause. Which diseases, how that happens.
A: We are basically talking about two potential harmful outcomes. One, the person gets the disease from the vaccine. He gets the disease which the vaccine is supposed to protect him from. Because, some version of the disease is in the vaccine to begin with. Or two, he doesn't get THAT disease, but at some later time, maybe right away, maybe not, he develops another condition which is caused by the vaccine. That condition could be autism, what's called autism, or it could be some other disease like meningitis. He could become mentally disabled.

Q: And yet there are children everywhere who do get vaccines and appear to be healthy.

A: The operative word is "appear." What about all the children who can't focus on their studies? What about the children who have tantrums from time to time? What about the children who are not quite in possession of all their mental faculties? I know there are many causes for these things, but vaccines are one cause. I would not take the chance. I see no reason to take the chance. And frankly, I see no reason to allow the government to have the last word. Government medicine is, from my experience, often a contradiction in terms. You get one or the other, but not both.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have not seen this posted yet, unless I missed it.

Some food for thought. Take it or leave it - to each his own decisions and thoughts.

Interview of ex vaccine researcher Source

Q: You were once certain that vaccines were the hallmark of good medicine.
A: Yes I was. I helped develop a few vaccines. I won't say which ones. Q: Why not? A: I want to preserve my privacy.

Q: So you think you could have problems if you came out into the open?
A: I believe I could lose my pension.
Q: On what grounds?
A: The grounds don't matter. These people have ways of causing you problems, when you were once part of the Club. I know one or two people who were put under surveillance, who were harassed.

I have been trying to bring snippets of this report, but every time I do, I end up copy quite a bit of information. I could basically copy the entire reading material with all the important information.

Please read the interview.

If you want to believe the CDC claim of immunizations being safe, so be it. Please stop thinking that the unvaccinated child(ren) are putting your child at risk.

Q: To avoid any confusion, I'd like you to review, once more, the disease problems that vaccines can cause. Which diseases, how that happens.
A: We are basically talking about two potential harmful outcomes. One, the person gets the disease from the vaccine. He gets the disease which the vaccine is supposed to protect him from. Because, some version of the disease is in the vaccine to begin with. Or two, he doesn't get THAT disease, but at some later time, maybe right away, maybe not, he develops another condition which is caused by the vaccine. That condition could be autism, what's called autism, or it could be some other disease like meningitis. He could become mentally disabled.

Q: And yet there are children everywhere who do get vaccines and appear to be healthy.

A: The operative word is "appear." What about all the children who can't focus on their studies? What about the children who have tantrums from time to time? What about the children who are not quite in possession of all their mental faculties? I know there are many causes for these things, but vaccines are one cause. I would not take the chance. I see no reason to take the chance. And frankly, I see no reason to allow the government to have the last word. Government medicine is, from my experience, often a contradiction in terms. You get one or the other, but not both.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Government medicine is, from my experience, often a contradiction in terms.

That says it all. You people who trust gub'mint are off your collective rockers.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Some of these vaccines aren't necessary, who do you know in the USA or UK, wherever you at. Has polio ? Some of the stuff they vaccinate for are diseases from third world countries. When I got vaccines as a kid, they made me sick as a dog. I don't know about you, but vomiting, running high fevers and getting swollen lumps from where I got the Jab; isn't exactly fun.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoKill

reply to post by riley

So just to be clear, your saying vaccines somehow 'magically' cure brain damage?

How on earth do you get that from what I posted?

The Measles vaccine reduces the amount of brain damage suffered from measles - ther used to be as many as 4000 cases caused by measles per year in the USA - and you want to return to those levels??

if you think preventing brain damage is the same as curing brain damage then it is little wonder you believe all the anti vaccine hysteria - clearly it didn't cure yours!

edit on 4-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoKill

reply to post by riley

The Measles vaccine reduces the amount of brain damage suffered from measles - ther used to be as many as 4000 cases caused by measles per year in the USA - and you want to return to those levels??

if you think preventing brain damage is the same as curing brain damage then it is little wonder you believe all the anti vaccine hysteria - clearly it didn't cure yours!

edit on 4-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Given the fact that autism is at a higher number... we should try something no? Until they start finding causes... can we at least agree to go on the route of not introducing foreign substances into the body?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a federal panel...says it all really..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

if you think preventing brain damage is the same as curing brain damage then it is little wonder you believe all the anti vaccine hysteria - clearly it didn't cure yours

i must admit it was hard to think like an imbecile, but I gave it a go anyway...

It's called....
MOTIVE
MEANS
OPPORTUNITY
People are condemned to death for these three things ALL the time..
Your GOV (your boss) has all 3 many,many times over.......
Heres your SO trusted government. Pay attention to the part about the inoculation. That's vaccinated for the slow people..(gaul that would be you)

any questions?

Case closed!!!
edit on 11-9-2011 by GoKill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join