It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood vaccines are largely safe, U.S. panel finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well well well another vaccine propaganda thread... Sigh. To bad there is no evidence vaccines work and plenty of evidence they cause harm. People who poison thier children with vaccines should be arrested for child abuse....

If abusers think vaccines actually work why all the fear of thier children being around non-vaccinated children?

www.heilkunst.com...
www.vernoncoleman.com...
www.naturalnews.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

When it comes to government funded agencies and private interest in matters of science and medicine they are all whores of the big pharma.

America is one of the most corrupted countries when it comes to big interest pimps finding their way into every aspect that have to do with regulation of citizens health.

The IOM may call themselves a "non profit entity" but they have shown a record of siding with the FDA and big pharma guidelines when it comes to research what will affect big pharma established profits.

US is the most vaccinated country in the world our babies are nothing but pin cushions to big pharma profits and still we do not have better numbers than any other developed country in the world when it comes to infant mortality.

Is many children vaccinations that are pushed into infants in the US that are banned in other developed countries, nobody seems to care as why, that is because most vaccines are made in the US

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Of course that rate is no where near 10%

Try a tenth of a tenth of a percent. That's an estimation, but the actual studies I've read, thats about in the ball park.
And they are producing vaccines without mercury, as they have been for at least the last 11 years. But that would be too hard to actually research.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Of course that rate is no where near 10%

Try a tenth of a tenth of a percent. That's an estimation, but the actual studies I've read, thats about in the ball park.
And they are producing vaccines without mercury, as they have been for at least the last 11 years. But that would be too hard to actually research.

I already said you have the ability to ask for an alternative, with any medicine, we all know they have mercury free ones.

Ofcourse you will then have antifreeze or something else in it.

I was being sarcastic with the 10% post. if you cannot see that well the money they pay you to support mercury in healthcare must be good.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayerish

We survived as a species.

However plenty of children died to diseases that we now vaccinate against..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Vacines are not needed, not for many of the things they vaccinate you against nowdays.

Now how about this..

Every winter, I know people that routinely get their flu vaccinations religiously.. I don't.

Guess what happens?

They sit around me every christmas coughing and spluttering.. with the flu. I don't.

I ask them if they got a flu vaccination, they say yes, i then say, well it doesnt seem to be working does it... I get a growl.. and they reply ... it comes in different strains!! I then counter... then you got the wrong one then?

I simpy eat mushrooms etc... Seems to work for me.

Needless to say I have lots of fun at their own stupid expense.

edit on 25-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I don't support the use of mercury in vaccines. But that doesn't mean you need to overblow statistics in an actual discussion. It's not funny because the people here are paranoid and will believe -ANYTHING-

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I don't support the use of mercury in vaccines. But that doesn't mean you need to overblow statistics in an actual discussion. It's not funny because the people here are paranoid and will believe -ANYTHING-

Yeah, I get you, I also hear they believe in little green men.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Would this pannel of experts be the same experts that built 6 nuclear power staions on a fault line all nect door to one another or the financial experts that could not see the crash of 2008 coming.

99% of the so called experts are prostitutes and on the payroll of the goverment and are not independant.

Best ones are those that spout out health and saftey concerns to push through droconian laws with nothing but BS to back it up with.

Next to politicans and lawyers these experts are nothing but scum working in PR

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by pteridine

I am aware of the risks of Tuna fish, infact it is advised against eating Tuna fish if you are pregnant due to the mercury.

Mercury should not be added in ANY amount to any healthcare product.

Infact if you ask your doctor for an alternative in the UK, he has to get you one. they will.

I mentioned to dentists in europe that the UK still uses mercury, they looked at me in horror, lots of children in the UK have god knows what level of mercury in their teeth. Sure it is locked in with aliminum and tin (Alu is also connected with alsheimers) but it leaks.

Mercury should never be used in ANY form in any healthcare product. regardless whether for adults or children or for whatever purpose.

It should also not be used in those energy lights it gives of vapour and it does contaiminate when the bulbs break and they do.

Use mercury for powering your UFO's and science, nowhere else.

Thimersaol is being phased out in many places in vaccinations, if it was safe, why would they phsase it out?

Becasuse they are getting their asses sued off.

You will be unhappy to discover that there is a natural background of mercury in the world. There is a little bit of everything in everything else. As to the compact fluorescent lights, their higher efficiency reduces the amount of coal that is burned and coal contains varying amounts of mercury, among other things, that are released to the atmosphere. Most people believe that the CFL's are an advantage.
The lawsuits have done some good even though no one has won any trying to extract money by showing that Hg in vaccines causes any ill effects. In effect, those who have paralytic fear of mercury have won the battle already and now there should be no reason not to vaccinate children for the public good.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
Would this pannel of experts be the same experts that built 6 nuclear power staions on a fault line all nect door to one another or the financial experts that could not see the crash of 2008 coming.

99% of the so called experts are prostitutes and on the payroll of the goverment and are not independant.

Best ones are those that spout out health and saftey concerns to push through droconian laws with nothing but BS to back it up with.

Next to politicans and lawyers these experts are nothing but scum working in PR

Probably also the same experts that tell us mobile phones are safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I kinda go along the principle that if my parents were okay, and I'm okay, then if I ever have kids they'll be okay too. Vaccines have never been an issue with me. In fact, with the medical condition I have I find myself getting more to protect myself against flu and other stuff like that which could potentially kill me, or at least hospitalise me. And yeah, I've been ill from jabs, they've made my arms stiff and swollen and I generally whinge about it for a couple of days but then it goes away and I don't get flu and don't get put on drip for something ridiculously common. I also will have to have stuff like hep B because of where I work. And I'd rather have the vaccine than no and get something nasty that I could have avoided.

For me, prevention is the best cure, and I can probably understand people's concerns with what goes in their kids, but don't really see them myself. Probably, like I said, because of my parents, my medical background and my own medical conditions.

As for the question of why someone should worry if they're kids are vaccinated and others aren't, well, the thing about infections and viruses like this is that if people don't get protected, and do get an illness, the illness can mutate and if it mutates enough then the people protected are no longer protected and everyone gets ill. It's happening with certain strains of TB. I had the BCG but it may not be effective against some strains now. Luckily I don't live anywhere near a TB stricken area, but if I did I'd probably be worried. Although I think the BCG has been withdrawn over here now because it's not cost effective...

That's why we still do polio though. Because if we don't and it hits a country all the parents whos child wasn't offered the vaccination and got ill because 'it doesn't exist in this country anymore' will go crying to the government shouting about how their child is ill when it could and should have been prevented.

I can see why we still recommend stuff though. I can also see why people get them. I know I'll continue to.

Things get phased out of vaccinations for the same reason you can't give Bonjela mouth gel to someone under 16 anymore. Because with new research they've found it can be harmful to some. But I used Bonjela all the time when I was little and I'm still here. If it was a major risk, it wouldn't've been used in the first place. It's just progression as we learn more about the body and medicine. Nowts perfect, but modern medicine still saves lives.

So yeah, they're trying to reassure people with this sort of survey, but it's a catch 22 because no matter what they put out there people will either believe them (but they'll b the ones vaccinating anyway) or not believe them (but they wouldn't have done in the first place). They might as well just save their money

edit on 25/8/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh man....don NOT get me started.

Let's see.....a Government agency ran by people notorious for having so many big pharma hands in their pockets that they don't even know who's getting them off anymore, says that they are 'mostly safe'. Great! That makes me feel SO much better.

I just got done having to have my family doctor fill out a certificate to give to my childrens school saying that I was versed....because I chose not to do the MMR booster. Yes. The State of Washington is now making parents take their kids to the doctor just so that they can get lectured prior to asking the doctor to fill out the exemption form FOR them. Us stupid parents. We just don't know what is best for our kids so we have to pay for a docotrs visit and have them do it for us.

Talk about an invasion of my rights AND a forced expense. Big Brother at its best.'

Where will this stop? It is the next step to taking away our rights completely with forced vaccinations.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

See, I don't really agree with that. It's people's own choice whether or not they want to do something and I don't think it should be forced in any way. I respect peoples freedom to choose whats best for their families even if I would disagree with it personally.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Some of these vaccines aren't necessary, who do you know in the USA or UK, wherever you at. Has polio ? Some of the stuff they vaccinate for are diseases from third world countries. When I got vaccines as a kid, they made me sick as a dog. I don't know about you, but vomiting, running high fevers and getting swollen lumps from where I got the Jab; isn't exactly fun.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Heartisblack, the reason nobody you know has had Polio is because of the mass inoculations of the 1960's followed by the current global immunization programs.

Polio is an insidious disease with a particular affinity for crippling and paralyzing young children,often leaving them unable to breath without mechanical assistance. The iron lung was invented specifically to treat polio victims.

Once contracted there is no cure for Polio, the only defense is immunization.

The first half of the 20th century saw a global pandemic, at its height in the 1940s and 1950s, polio killed or paralyzed half a million children worldwide every year.

An epidemic across the U.S. in 1916 saw 27,000 people develop polio, almost 7,000 of whom died and many thousands more who were left paralyzed.

The 1952 polio epidemic saw 58,000 cases reported in the U.S.with 3,145 dead and 21,269 left with mild to disabling paralysis.

Thanks entirely to the development of the oral vaccine in conjunction with mass inoculation programs, Polio has been eradicated from the America's since 1994 and worldwide cases have gone from 350,000 in 1988 to a low of 483 cases in 2001 (1,606 in 2009).

Polio has a good chance of being completely eradicated in a few years like the smallpox virus as long as society continues to inoculate 100% of the population.

When the disease is eradicated worldwide then, like smallpox, immunization will no longer be necessarily.

This is a deadly serious issue and the attitude of some here regarding the necessity of complying with childhood vaccination requirements is ignorant, irresponsible and dangerous to the public health as a whole.

Polio vaccine

Eradicating polio: today's challenges and tomorrow's legacy

The Global Polio Eradication Initiative

History of poliomyelitis

Polio assumes epidemic proportions

A Brief History of Polio

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
Probably also the same experts that tell us mobile phones are safe.

Thats a good one but i raise you experts that gave every service man smokes during WWII even if they didn't smoke and then found out they could tax all the addicts to death.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This U.S. panel largely gets a FAIL, and is filled largely with SHILLS. Enough said.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This U.S. panel largely gets a FAIL, and is filled largely with SHILLS. Enough said.

Are you saying this because their conclusions disagree with yours or because you actually know something about this as a medical researcher?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Well if the medical researchers were honest, that would be one thing.
But they have been caught fraudulently submitting data!

Autism and Vaccines Researcher for CDC, Indicted for Fraud and Money-Laundering

pr-usa.net

Poul Thorsen, the principal coordinator of multiple studies funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) used to deny a vaccine/autism link was indicted on April 13th on 13 counts of fraud and 9 counts of money-laundering. The charges relate to funding for work he conducted for the CDC, which claimed to disprove associations between the mercury-based vaccine preservative, thimerosal, and increased rates of autism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.prnewswire.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wakefield's fraud:

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join