It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in '2012' Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
While this maybe just for mexico to promote tourism, I find it interesting the Reuters had this linked. At the very least, I find it exciting to see more of these Temples and what they haven't been showing.
The article mentions that the Mexican government wanted this released before the end of 2012.
The article mentions never before made rooms in site at Calakmul pyramid. It doesn't mention any other sites.

Mods forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, it is to old for alternative breaking news.
Based on the fact of releasing new Mayan history, I chose this forum.

The Mexican government is releasing state-held secrets about the end of the Mayan calendar to the makers of a documentary, "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," TheWrap has learned. The information -- protected for 80 years -- is expected to reveal Mayan beliefs in future catastrophes and wisdom characterized as "shocking," producer Raul Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia, told TheWrap.
The agreement will allow Julia-Levy to film in never-before-seen locations.

Julia-Levy (above) said he'd been made aware of the secret Mayan information by former Mexican president Vicente Fox -- a friend of his family -- and that it took four years of phone calls to finally get the OK from current president Felipe Calderon. "This is very important for humanity, not just for Mexico," said Julia-Levy. "This information has been protected for 80 years, and now it's important for people to understand the series of events that are coming, and the consequences for all of us."
Reuters

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This has been posted before.

Does anyone have inside access to what they are revealing?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I posted this topic a few days ago. Please continue discussion here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've been wanting this to happen and for it to be outstanding with facts and pure proof that something is going on that they have been waiting for and preparing for....however I'm also worried that the second any of this comes around they will be labelled...you guessed it... "TERRORISTS" they are causing terror amongst us all!

Shouldn't really laugh but I could honestly see it happening.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Rediscovered from the air by biologist Cyrus L. Lundell of the Mexican Exploitation Chicle Company on December 29, 1931, the find was reported to Sylvanus G. Morley of the Carnegie Institute at Chichen Itza in March 1932. According to Lundell, who named the site, "In Maya, 'ca' means 'two', 'lak' means 'adjacent', and 'mul' signifies any artificial mound or pyramid, so 'Calakmul' is the 'City of the Two Adjacent Pyramids'."

Well the article states it has been protecting discoveries for 80yrs, then it does correlate back to these guys from the 1930's.

Calakmul was a major Maya power within the northern Peten region of the Yucatan of southern Mexico. Calakmul administered a large domain marked by the extensive distribution of their emblem glyph of the snake head sign, to be read "Kaan". Calakmul was the seat of what has been dubbed the Kingdom of the Snake[1] or Snake Kingdom. This Snake Kingdom reigned during most of the Classic period. Calakmul itself is estimated to have had a population of 50,000 people and had governance, at times, over places as far away as 150 kilometers. There are 6,750 ancient structures identified at Calakmul the largest of which is the great pyramid at the site. Structure 2 is over 45 metres (148 ft) high, making it one of the tallest of the Maya pyramids. Four tombs have been located within the pyramid
Wiki

Sorry, I did a search and didn't see this posted.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Any idea as to when this documentary is coming out?
I mean we ARE getting pretty darn close to the "end" of the Mayan calander. Maybe they waited until the last minute, sort a speak, to limit the amount of histaria that maybe this documentary will produce from the general uneducated populace. hmmmm....

Please oh please hurry up and release it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by occy30

They are revealing a brand new way to sucker people out of money. If they were truly worried about humanity it would not be a movie being made slowly, it would be a flood of panic throughout the media as we were immediately alerted to try to prepare, because despite what many seem to believe, TPTB would NEVER slaughter us off or leave us hanging in the wind because THEY DEPEND ON US. Without us, who will do the dirty work? Who will grow them their food or be their mules? Nah, I don't think it's going down like that. UNLESS they were going to use it to influence us towards a World Religion :O

Nobody knows.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMonk
reply to post by occy30

They are revealing a brand new way to sucker people out of money. If they were truly worried about humanity it would not be a movie being made slowly, it would be a flood of panic throughout the media as we were immediately alerted to try to prepare, because despite what many seem to believe, TPTB would NEVER slaughter us off or leave us hanging in the wind because THEY DEPEND ON US. Without us, who will do the dirty work? Who will grow them their food or be their mules? Nah, I don't think it's going down like that. UNLESS they were going to use it to influence us towards a World Religion :O

Nobody knows.

Well said. The "universal threat" may be just around the corner (*ahem* Reagan)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Why couldn't they just tell us what it means? Cause that would mean no revenue......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
christopherheaney.net...

Even before the Mayan's there was something amazing in the America's. But something happened to Earth and they were wiped out.

Just as something will happen to us.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue the discussion.

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Documentary?

Thread Closed

top topics

join