It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Birth of Jesus Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
So don't get all touchy and say Bible was fiction ok.

So.... a story about a ghost knocking up a virgin is NOT fiction?

Okay. If you say so.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Don't you think that any view of the origins of things can be viewed by some group as fiction?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

The birth of Jesus Christ was well documented in the Bible and it is probably the only account and official record of his birth and possibly his existence.

I do not intend to turn it into a religious thread , but just for the record , the bible is not the only scripture that mentioned the birth of jesus christ peace be up on him , if you read the Quran you will find an interesting story on how he was born , here let me show you :

[19][16] Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
[19][17] She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
[19][18] She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."
[19][19] He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
[19][20] She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"
[19][21] He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed."
[19][22] So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
[19][23] And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"
[19][24] But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
[19][25] "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
[19][26] "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to (Allah) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being'"
[19][27] At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
[19][28] "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"
[19][29] But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
[19][30] He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
[19][31] "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
[19][32] "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

and the description of his birth goes on in the Quran , and he was mentioned in lots of verses in the Quran , now my question is this, why do people love to believe in aliens and what they can creat but would not believe in one creator of this universe and whats in it be it humans or other creatures?

again i dont want to turn it into a religious thread , its only for the record.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Thanx for that, I forgot Jesus is mentioned in the Koran too.

I actually like to question what God could be. My conclusions and definition of God are quite simple

God does not live on this Earth, he lives in the Heavens, and in that time the Heavens were referred to as SPACE.

God makes everything--advanced technology.

God knows everything--^

God is not of this Earth-- Therefore God is an extraterrestrial

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Don't you think that any view of the origins of things can be viewed by some group as fiction?

Is the birth of Jesus really "the origins of things"?

Anything that can be demonstrated to be true is unlikely to be viewed as fiction.

But if people want to believe as true a story about a Middle-Eastern rapist ghost that produces messiahs, uh, okay...I guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There was no inn that was an embellishment.
Why would Joesph go to an inn when he was 'from' Jerusalem he would have been staying with family.
The so called stable was I speculate some room away from the men Stables are filthy Mary would have gotten an infection and died.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You know a thought has always stuck in my head for years..

If Mary, betrothed to Joseph, was found to have had sex with another man and got pregnant, she'd have been stoned to death.
Couldn't it just be that she lied to save her own skin and Joseph backed her up.

Could be just that simple, two "clever" people saving their own skin and an innocent childs.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Mister_Bit because: Spelling

edit on 25-8-2011 by Mister_Bit because: Spelling again lol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

He is working overtime to deceive people. You notice that all these aliens (demons) who "communicate" (posses) with folks are always telling them that Jesus didn't exist or he was an alien himself or he's a collective universal conscience. Why are they so bent on denying who Jesus really is ? What does that have to do with them coming here ? They don't put all this focus on any other.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
If Mary, betrothed to Joseph, was found to have had sex with another man and got pregnant, she'd have been stoned to death.
Couldn't it just be that she lied to save her own skin and Joseph backed her up.

Sure. And in that case the only miracle in play is that people actually bought the "a ghost knocked me up" line of horsehockey.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lets say for just a minute that the Gospels were written by those they are named after(they weren't but lets just say) None of the authors were present at the birth much less the conception, therefore all accounts are speculative and hearsay. Show me the Gospel of Mary the Holy Mother in her own words and maybe it would be easier to believe. The Gospel of Mary we have was written by the Magdalen.

I was wondering when someone would bring in the Qur'an. Here are the problems with that point. Mohammad taught as his life unfolded. In the beginning he taught of love and peace. When he was married to a Jewess his teachings took Jewish overtones. When he was married to a Christian woman his teachings took on Christian values. It wasn't until he saw he had such a vast following that he began to teach of war and infidels(back to Jewish teachings of the Talmud). It seems to me he taught through opportunity in order to gain favor much like a politician and less like a prophet. How would someone today be taken with this course of action especially on ATS?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Because the government demanded a census of the people in order to collect taxes, They had to go to Bethlehem. It's in the Bible.

Luke 2:1-4.....Now in those days a decree went forth from Caesar Augus′tus for all the inhabited earth to be registered; (this first registration took place when Quirin′ius was governor of Syria
and all people went traveling to be registered, each one to his own city. Of course, Joseph also went up from Gal′iee, out of the city of Naz′areth, into Jude′a, to David’s city, which is called Beth′lehem, because of his being a member of the house and family of David,

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Why would a 12 year old girl want to have sex in that day and age ?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

thank you for that,

you know there is an interesting, picture of,
two palms trees,
one tall, the other,
shorter,
from a tribe of long ago,
looking west,
there is a map that goes with that picture,

once again, time too
stand.
we called the messenger,, Gabriel.

and the "easy thing"
Holy Spirit.

well some of us still do

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Why would a 12 year old girl want to have sex in that day and age ?

Who said she wanted to?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A diffrent point of view on christ birth from the urantia book:

Bright and early the morning of August 19, Joseph and Mary were again on their way. They partook of their noontide meal at the foot of Mount Sartaba, overlooking the Jordan valley, and journeyed on, making Jericho for the night, where they stopped at an inn on the highway in the outskirts of the city. Following the evening meal and after much discussion concerning the oppressiveness of Roman rule, Herod, the census enrollment, and the comparative influence of Jerusalem and Alexandria as centers of Jewish learning and culture, the Nazareth travelers retired for the night’s rest. Early in the morning of August 20 they resumed their journey, reaching Jerusalem before noon, visiting the temple, and going on to their destination, arriving at Bethlehem in midafternoon.

(1351.3) 122:7.7 The inn was overcrowded, and Joseph accordingly sought lodgings with distant relatives, but every room in Bethlehem was filled to overflowing. On returning to the courtyard of the inn, he was informed that the caravan stables, hewn out of the side of the rock and situated just below the inn, had been cleared of animals and cleaned up for the reception of lodgers. Leaving the donkey in the courtyard, Joseph shouldered their bags of clothing and provisions and with Mary descended the stone steps to their lodgings below. They found themselves located in what had been a grain storage room to the front of the stalls and mangers. Tent curtains had been hung, and they counted themselves fortunate to have such comfortable quarters.

(1351.4) 122:7.8 Joseph had thought to go out at once and enroll, but Mary was weary; she was considerably distressed and besought him to remain by her side, which he did.

8. The Birth of Jesus

(1351.5) 122:8.1 All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.

(1351.6) 122:8.2 In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus).

(1351.7) 122:8.3 The next day after the birth of Jesus, Joseph made his enrollment. Meeting a man they had talked with two nights previously at Jericho, Joseph was taken by him to a well-to-do friend who had a room at the inn, and who said he would gladly exchange quarters with the Nazareth couple. That afternoon they moved up to the inn, where they lived for almost three weeks until they found lodgings in the home of a distant relative of Joseph.

(1351.8) 122:8.4 The second day after the birth of Jesus, Mary sent word to Elizabeth that her child had come and received word in return inviting Joseph up to Jerusalem to talk over all their affairs with Zacharias. The following week Joseph went to Jerusalem to confer with Zacharias. Both Zacharias and Elizabeth had become possessed with the sincere conviction that Jesus was indeed to become the Jewish deliverer, the Messiah, and that their son John was to be his chief of aides, his right-hand man of destiny. And since Mary held these same ideas, it was not difficult to prevail upon Joseph to remain in Bethlehem, the City of David, so that Jesus might grow up to become the successor of David on the throne of all Israel. Accordingly, they remained in Bethlehem more than a year, Joseph meantime working some at his carpenter’s trade.

(1352.1) 122:8.5 At the noontide birth of Jesus the seraphim of Urantia, assembled under their directors, did sing anthems of glory over the Bethlehem manger, but these utterances of praise were not heard by human ears. No shepherds nor any other mortal creatures came to pay homage to the babe of Bethlehem until the day of the arrival of certain priests from Ur, who were sent down from Jerusalem by Zacharias.

(1352.2) 122:8.6 These priests from Mesopotamia had been told sometime before by a strange religious teacher of their country that he had had a dream in which he was informed that “the light of life” was about to appear on earth as a babe and among the Jews. And thither went these three teachers looking for this “light of life.” After many weeks of futile search in Jerusalem, they were about to return to Ur when Zacharias met them and disclosed his belief that Jesus was the object of their quest and sent them on to Bethlehem, where they found the babe and left their gifts with Mary, his earth mother. The babe was almost three weeks old at the time of their visit.

(1352.3) 122:8.7 These wise men saw no star to guide them to Bethlehem. The beautiful legend of the star of Bethlehem originated in this way: Jesus was born August 21 at noon, 7 B.C. On May 29, 7 B.C., there occurred an extraordinary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces. And it is a remarkable astronomic fact that similar conjunctions occurred on September 29 and December 5 of the same year. Upon the basis of these extraordinary but wholly natural events the well-meaning zealots of the succeeding generation constructed the appealing legend of the star of Bethlehem and the adoring Magi led thereby to the manger, where they beheld and worshiped the newborn babe. Oriental and near-Oriental minds delight in fairy stories, and they are continually spinning such beautiful myths about the lives of their religious leaders and political heroes. In the absence of printing, when most human knowledge was passed by word of mouth from one generation to another, it was very easy for myths to become traditions and for traditions eventually to become accepted as facts.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

& following such an auspicious birth, he then went on to spend the next 30 years of his life quietly making tables.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Historically Women married and had children very young. It wasn't until the last 100 years(In "Civilized" societies) that the morals changed and the age was raised. Your statement is with the views of today not of yesterdays past.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Im gonna call you brother cause I have almost the same exact thing typed up in my computer and I never got a chance to post it up, and to that second response that dude made......the bible was written by men and men tend to shape god to his image, what makes us think everything in the bible is true, if god wrote the bible word by word I would read it and I can for sire guarantee that if it truly was his word in there this world would be completely different, why? Because god wrote it lol but he didn't.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by particlezen

& following such an auspicious birth, he then went on to spend the next 30 years of his life quietly making tables.

LOL no he didnt he made every moment of his life fruitfull. but did spend a large amount of time being a boat maker, to take care of his family. His father died at 15 i believe and most of the father's duties feel upon christ.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^

Im gonna call you brother cause I have almost the same exact thing typed up in my computer and I never got a chance to post it up, and to that second response that dude made......the bible was written by men and men tend to shape god to his image, what makes us think everything in the bible is true, if god wrote the bible word by word I would read it and I can for sire guarantee that if it truly was his word in there this world would be completely different, why? Because god wrote it lol but he didn't.

Thanx for actually trying to understand and read my thoughts!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join