It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can now see NIBIRU!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by spaz580

NASA calls it a comet so not to scare the sheep, they disclose that it is coming, but not the size.

NASA calls it a comet because that's what it is. A "brown dwarf" is a body much larger and more massive than Jupiter. Jupiter can be seen with the naked eye, and it is much more distant now than comet C2010X-1. Have you not been following these threads at all?

Please just humor the Niburu and Elnin worshipers....

If we keep denying their gods, they may become violent...

Look seriousely, to the OP.. You have a very important discovery here.. Your posting it here is just a waste of time. You really need to publich this, have a press conference and inform NASA and the Governments of the world that doom approaches..

Quick now, before it gets here..

"Whispers", is the OP gone yet?
edit on 8/26/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
www.deepastronomy.com...

For all you people that think Comet Elenin is causing earthquakes read this, and if this is not enough to convince you that it's not causing the earthquakes then you need to get some psychological help as soon as possible. I, myself have taken Astronomy in high school, and going into grade 12 after I graduate that is what I want to become is an Astronomer so I do know more than the average person when it comes to our solar system. Anyways what I am saying is that Comet Elenin is not causing the earthquakes and the link I gave you will give you enough information why it's not causing the Earthquakes. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SheopleNation

No it doesn't. One is a planet, and the other is a brown dwarf.

Can you define the difference please?

Brown dwarfs are like gas giant planets, only more massive. Another gas giant anywhere near the orbit of Saturn would be plainly visible in the night sky, as would a brown dwarf (not to mention that the orbits of all the planets it passed would get all screwed up).

Under the spectrum of the Sun, a brown dwarf would have a bond albedo similar to that of Jupiter and Neptune (Fig. 9). It would shine with reflected light from the Sun just like Jupiter does.
iopscience.iop.org...

edit on 8/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I do know that it has been suggested that they form in the same manner as stars do. Some say there are some characteristics of them being like planets, but opinions vary on this. I lean more towards the dead or failed star theory. Again, They can only be viewed in infrared. I have no idea if that fact changes in relation to distance. I mean, do these things even move? I have no idea what the answer to that is. ~SheopleNation

Planet facts

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

You don't even have to zoom. To give you an idea how close this monster planet is to us....

I looked outside, it wasn't there.

Now if you go watch the movie Independence Day you can see aliens invading the world....

You DID read the part about it being visible only in IR didn't you mate?
edit on 26/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So there is no difference really. It's a matter of mass, both gas giants and brown dwarfs are balls of gas.

A brown dwarf only emits infrared, true. So, if a brown dwarf is far from any star it can only be detected by the light it emits. However, if it is near a star it will reflect the light of the star just as Jupiter reflects the light of the Sun. As pointed out in the article linked above.

Such an object would be visible to the naked eye as far away as Saturn (at least). Such an object would be visible in visible light telescopes at a much greater distance than, say, Pluto.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

meh, youve officially been debunked my friend... MOVE ON IN LIFE

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Maybe so my friend. Me personally, I don't think Elenin is a brown dwarf anyway. That Terrel character is the one who came up with that theory. Nor do I believe that the subject of this thread is the so-called Nibiru. I do wonder what that is though because nothing is like it anywhere in Googlesky, or Skymap. That makes it individually interesting to me. What the hell is that thing. I have been thinking this for months. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

As has been pointed out more than once, in this thread and others, it is CW Leonis. An old star, a red giant, reaching the end of its life and emitting far more infrared radiation than any brown dwarf could.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by domtron
planetX,Nibiru,Herculobus or Tyche. whatever you want to call it .. it is there..

ummmm no it's not, you sir are in denial and your questionable methods for obtaining facts should not be welcome on this site... wait YOU DONT HAVE ANY ACTUAL FACTS?

we can discuss the theory of how in 1925 science believed there was a large body that played tug of war with the planets and of this system and their perspective rotations around the sun.

why would anyone want to discuss the theory of something that is completely false

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That's interesting.

Can't say one way or the other what is is or isn't, but what i find most intriguing is, if you click the historical button, the 'object' whatever it is, is situated right between the front paws of the lion representing LEO.

This made me immediately think of the Sphinx in Egypt, and the stela situated right between the paws of the lion, which faced LEO around 10,500BC. The Stela features the classic 'winged flying disc' associated with many ancient belief systems, including Sumerian and speaks of the greatest of all AE gods who 'abides at that spot'.

Curious that the god Kheper-Ra, the greatest of all gods (in AE) was thought to be buried at that spot (abide there), and recently we have discovered hidden underground chambers directly beneath the Sphinx and some kind of secretive digging going on around that area over the last year....hmmmm...was Kheper-Ra an emissary from the area indicated by the gaze of the Sphinx, at LEO?

Curious.

edit on 26/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Prime example of why you always go to the original research when you see the MSM (or even the popular science journalists) reporting on something. The Science News Cycle is worse than a game of whisper down the lane.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So there is no difference really. It's a matter of mass, both gas giants and brown dwarfs are balls of gas.

A brown dwarf only emits infrared, true. So, if a brown dwarf is far from any star it can only be detected by the light it emits. However, if it is near a star it will reflect the light of the star just as Jupiter reflects the light of the Sun. As pointed out in the article linked above.

Such an object would be visible to the naked eye as far away as Saturn (at least). Such an object would be visible in visible light telescopes at a much greater distance than, say, Pluto.

I have to agree.

When you do the maths:

Nibiru - Hollywood / Too-Much-ATS x Day-Time-Soaps = space fart

I believe we are looking at space farts.

Seriously, something with that much mass would cause some serious side effects to the surrounding planetary bodies.

And if it somehow presented the inverse of gravity and sustained itself as negative mass then you would essentially have a cosmic vacuum cleaner (aka portable blackhole...).

Finally, when you get lost in all this, take a step back and watch this to put things into perspective:

You soon realise that whatever happens to us, it pales in significance to the vast expanse of creation...

"We are nothing more than dust in the hands of our creator..."

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This right here, broke out my telescope, punched in the coordinates of "planet x" and

nothing...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
im new to the website so hello everybody except i have been reading up on alot of your threads for a while now just never took it upon myself to make an account until now this google sky stuff is scaring the pants off me i tried to check this nibiru stuff out no luck really since there is so much # but i have found like 20 different space ships dont believe me?? type in jupiter go infared scroll right slowly until you find a huge black line follow it up find the cluster or galaxy take off infared right there is a spaceship or some sort of UFO (ufo as in unidentified flying object) also at -13° there is two pictures that i think google implemented and one is a picture of the three kings and the star and the other looks more along the lines of fractal art i dunno can somebody tell me whats up with this is google sky just a big laugh bin or is this actually pictures of space since i have never seen to much on this google sky

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Didn't graduate junior high?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nukeboy61

Well 'ello there, welcome.

If you want to be taken more seriously on this site, I'd suggest some usage of periods and commas. ATS users are (for the most part) highly intelligent, want good punctuation, grammar, spelling and facts/legit sources/website links/etc to back up claims... otherwise expect some backlash.

Google sky are real pictures from 2007 I believe.

I wouldn't worry too much about this nibiru and hostile aliens stuff and if you get scared, just spend time reading the debunking on here, should calm you right down.

I don't know about this UFO space ship near Jupiter but I'll have a look later to see if I can find what you are talking about.
edit on 8/26/2011 by moogle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
This same post was on "Before it is News" and was shot down in flames. Aparently it is the Sun.
edit on 26-8-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: (no reason given)

The SUN?? What the hell is the sun doing in Google Sky??

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
See these links for various imaging of the object at: 13 51 25.12

skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...

skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Again, They can only be viewed in infrared.

That is false. Brown dwarfs emit in the infrared part of the spectrum, but do reflect light.

Can you see a warm oven? It gives off IR that you can feel with your hand, but the oven is also visible to the eye because it reflects light.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Again, They can only be viewed in infrared.

That is false. Brown dwarfs emit in the infrared part of the spectrum, but do reflect light.

Can you see a warm oven? It gives off IR that you can feel with your hand, but the oven is also visible to the eye because it reflects light.

Well...yeah, but the oven is right next to me, so of course we'd see it.

If 'a brown dwarf ' was as close as our moon, we'd probably see it too. (we'd certainly feel it)

What if a brown dwarf, emitting light only in the IR range was as black as a planet recently discovered that absorbs almost all visible light? It wouldn't reflect visible light then.

Look, i don't hold a belief in 'Nibiru', 10th planet, Planet X or any of those things, though i do have an open mind and weight the the ideas postulated about these things on the basis of the information we learn about them (or don't learn, as the case may be).

As far as we should be seeing gravitational affects of a relatively nearby, virtually invisible failed star in our system by now, it could be argued that we are seeing effects...Jupiter has recently baffled scientists by losing it's 300 year old 'great red spot' and one of it's thousands of miles wide, major 'banding rings' that has always been there...astronomers and most mainstream scientists don't know what to make of it...and are presently scratching their collective heads..theories will circulate naturally, but it's a surprise to say the least.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join