It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strangest Dream Ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Anyway, In my dream we (A large group of people) were in what looked like a Gymnasium with a sunken floor in the center (it was designed this way). We had blankets and things in the center as well. There was a jolly (I say jolly because he came in smiling and jaunty) fat black man that seemed to be on the part of the floor that was not sunken, he was either in charge or part of whoever was in charge, but he suddenly opened his mouth real wide like way too wide for a human being and in his mouth was like a vortex (wormhole) that sucked in a small group of people; who, when they saw his mouth open and turn into the vortex, had covered their heads with a blanket, but they disappeared; the whole group of them. And then the guy leaves. But then he comes back in and we all start to cover up with the blankets in small groups, we are also peeking through small openings. HE again opens his mouth and the vortex forms and we all try to flatten under the blankets, but a group that was trying to move away further from the man, they dissappear. I'm worried because I think it's the group that my kids are with. After this I wake up. I don't know this dream is totally freaky!

I say about this dream because I got the symbology right away. There is some mythology about the "Eater of Worlds" a God that swallows worlds whole, though I don't get what the symbology is trying to tell me, if anything. Just the most interesting dream I ever had. Also I have not seen any movies nor read of this mythology recently. It was totally out of the blue. Could it mean something? I don't know?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What is the "Eater of Worlds"? I find it interesting that its a black man. Like a modern man or a tribal man?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've also heard of this "Eater of Worlds" though I know nothing of him. That dream would freak me out too! Maybe you're afraid of being separated from your children if/when something big happens? Sounds like you were in a shelter kind of like the dome in NO after Katrina... Were you afraid for your children after the man "ate" them? Or was it more of a separation anxiety? Like maybe you wanted to join them?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It could mean that you should ask your kids about their gym teacher or someone else at school.
Seriously.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Rognarok, Kali, Shiva are three different types of mythology that has to do with swallowing worlds or eating worlds in some way or another. There are probably some others, but they are the ones I found right off with Google.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Was it the room grey, as in:

Looking For People Who Have Been To The Grey Room
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Waiting2
started on 2/15/2010 @ 06:16 PM
edit on 8/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: the word "it"

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
I've also heard of this "Eater of Worlds" though I know nothing of him. That dream would freak me out too! Maybe you're afraid of being separated from your children if/when something big happens? Sounds like you were in a shelter kind of like the dome in NO after Katrina... Were you afraid for your children after the man "ate" them? Or was it more of a separation anxiety? Like maybe you wanted to join them?

Actually I didn't find out if my kids were in the group that dissappeared (got eaten?) I woke up not knowing. But yeah, it did remind me of a place like a shelter it had that feel to it. This could be about seperation in a SHTF scenario, sure. Beings they are in school, and Florida is about the worse place to have a child in school, because in A SHTF scenario, they refuse to release the kids from school (hurricane, etc) they make them stay!!!! Pisses me off to no end!!!!

I'd end up driving my blazer through their building though if that were to happen!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

He seemed modern, if you look up ragnarok this would certainly fit well, But there is no description of skin color and I really don't know if its relevent at all. Except maybe the form Ragnarok takes in modern times?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Colors were normal, wood floor (light sand colored) concrete block walls (off-whitish) no marking that I could tell of. The wormhole/vortex however was multicolored like purples, blues and reds and stuff. Like a swirling rainbow but yet we knew enough to be afraid of it?

ETA: Other details though match your thread, though I could not descern the ceiling because it seems bright but no fixtures I could see. And being in a calm space through a storm (definately had that feeling) maybe it is the same place but I saw a bit more detail? I do now remember walking down a ramp, too now that I have read your Thread.
edit on 25-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here is a good image of how the vortex made in the man's mouth looked:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Actually, it's not my thread, but I thought I'd shoot it your way.

new topics

top topics

join