It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's fairly obvious why people don't work.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Interesting topic with many angles here, let me add mine if I may.
I had a very good paying job and I would come home and bitch almost weekly to the wife about some minor problem.
Held the same job for about 17 years.
So that adds up to about 17 years at 52 bitches a year ......that is a lot of bitching.
Next thing you know I end up in the hospital on life support, enlarged heart, I can never work again.
I would do almost anything to work again and yes pay those nasty taxes.
Sitting around idle waiting to die is no way to live.
I am lucky enough that I had health insurance through my job and it pays pretty good, we are not hurting for money.
I am hurting really bad here because I cannot work and I really want to.
You don't know what you got till its gone.
I have a hard time believing these people that say they don't or won't work.
What the hell do you do with your time, secondly how does this damage your ego?
We all need a purpose and work like it or not is part of it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Some people have their attention fixed elsewhere. I know people who think life is either a non stop party or a gangsters paradise. I know people who like to sleep 18 hours a day. I know people who only play video games. There are also loungers and layabouts. Some people live for the street life. We all have our distractions. I often wonder if these people know they are doing something wrong or if they don't see a problem with it.

I can't handle one weeks vacation, I get bored and become less driven.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I agree completely. If it weren't for this person's post count, I would decry the whole thing a fabricated/trollish tale attempting to back up right-wing/silver-spoon thinking -- someone just trying to confirm the fallacies of people who think moochers are the root cause of our problems.

This person's outlook may be as stated, but it's foolish to think for even a moment that there is a majority of this mindset (the "I'll just mooch off the rest of society" kind, as if that's such a wonderful life).

You've got the quite poor and the uber rich. And exploiters on both sides. Guess which ones I think are the most evil/do the most damage by a huge margin?

To clarify, having money doesn't make you evil. The means to obscene/stashed wealth however... some not evil (profit from entertainment/restaurants, profit from non-essential services/goods like fashion-related items, etc.), many entirely wrong (obscene (all, actually, imo) profit from healthcare, our obsession with a ludicrous financial industry (trying to print money from money) vs. a focus on innovation and R&D, a perpetual growth model (on a fixed-size planet) that involves essentially trying to become as close to a monopoly/rigged playfield as possible (often succeeding in the case of cable/healthcare companies), and more.

Many of the rich are the real moochers imo. They've all got their hands in our wallets on a regular basis (often scheduled and automated), in every way they can muster, often for things we just have to have to be able to live a secure/normal life. How are health insurance companies who sit back and make obscene profit from people just going about their lives not mooching? How are mortgage companies who sit back and watch the ridiculous amount of interest come in not mooching? How are the giant cable companies who try to rip you off in every conceivable way (with no real competition since they lock areas down exclusively) not mooching when they just watch the monthly payment come in? Now I know cable is a luxury/optional thing, point is, we're being ripped off, and these companies are the definition of monopolies/price-fixing companies/industries.

No?
edit on 8/25/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A lion, with some work, can take down a young or aging gazelle. A pack of hyenas can gang up on a lone lion and take that meal it worked for, or most of it.

CEOs, welfare bums, average Joes ... it's all the same thing. You get what you work for or what you steal. And there's always someone else out there looking to take it from you.

That's life. There's just less whining about it on the Serengeti.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

There are more Mcdonalds in the ghettos than in the suburbs that is for sure. Have you ever been to a "ghetto"...it seems you haven't. I lived in one for most of my life.... there is nothing but fast food places. That is why everyone is so obese.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Justify it however you like, you are a parasite. You make excuses for your laziness, and blame it on others. People who do work hard pay for your life. I hate working hard just to see taxes removed to pay for bums. If you are mentally retarded or physically disabled, fine. Otherwise get the hell off your ass.

If you were really serious, you would work hard, save money and move to somewhere without a government so you can have the life you like. I think Somalia would fit the bill?

Hmmmmmm. Someone beat me to this rant. And I see that in fact you are not taking handouts, which I commend, bu the attitude is still atrocious. As an earlier poster stated, your taxes are the price of our modern civilization. Don't pay them, and don't expect sewage, running water, or any infrastructure for that matter. Oh and anarchy. No police or court of law. Arm yourself to the teeth and pray!
edit on 25-8-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

edit on 25-8-2011 by BioSafe because: (no reason given)

Dolphinfan
VERY well stated. Its posts such as yours that truly contribute to the discussion.

Welfare should be a safety net. However entitlement programs are now gill nets trapping the weakest. This net of social slavery encourages many recipients to pass down unproductive, irresponsible and parasitic traits to their spawn.

edit on 25-8-2011 by BioSafe because: oops made an error

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Justify it however you like, you are a parasite. You make excuses for your laziness, and blame it on others. People who do work hard pay for your life. I hate working hard just to see taxes removed to pay for bums. If you are mentally retarded or physically disabled, fine. Otherwise get the hell off your ass.

Man there are some retarded socially indoctrinated people on this forum ... wow. People who don't want to work from my experience are not lazy they just hate making some company 30k+ a month and getting paid 2k then having a bunch of that 2k taken and spent on bombs to kill other people and a whole bunch of other # that you don't want. Then you have social security ... well by the time any of us are even remotely close to retiring it will be gone, both of these are forced on us ... we have no choice. So out of the money you worked for you pay almost half of that 2k in ss and tax without choice. The company pays no tax and keeps the entire 30k+.

In my books thats called screwing yourself over for no reason ... i try to avoid that ... just saying. TBH its the people who work within this system knowing how much they are screwing themselves that are retarded they just try and cover their stupidity by taking it out on the smart people.

Then you have the fact that some one is telling you how much your time is worth which is also BS ... how can anyone put a price on time in my life BESIDES ME ???

You guys should just do what i do ... ill work for a year or so then work out all the tax I pay in that year, then have a break from working and take back that entire tax amount from welfare until Ive gotten paid back.

Im at the point now where every time i have an interview for the job i usually walk out after they wont pay me what i wanna be paid ... im going to interviews and applying for jobs ... but no employer so far has been willing to pay what i consider my time to be worth ... and if they wont do that then i guess im stuck on welfare ... because im not working for anything less then what i deem my time to be worth ... and I absolutely refuse to have any employer tell me what my time is worth.

you guys should probably look at peoples viewpoint from a human perspective instead of a socially indoctrinated perspective ... just saying ... would make you way less retarded

Originally posted by nightbringrIf you were really serious, you would work hard, save money and move to somewhere without a government so you can have the life you like. I think Somalia would fit the bill?

Why should any human being on the planet have to do this ??? ... why should any human accept being screwed or leave .... wow ... is that really your answer .... you are possibly one of the most indoctrinated people i have ever witnessed ... you're standing up for a system that is openly screwing you and your entire family because they give you a little bit of money ... wow ... doesn't take much for some people to conform ... here have a bunch of this sweet fiat currency that we can print unlimited amounts of an is actually not even worth the paper its printed on ... they are literally giving you something worth nothing for your time ... apparently to you thats a sweet deal .... fkn really ?????????

have a look at this ...

edit on 26/8/11 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
[
edit on 26-8-2011 by BioSafe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki

Originally posted by nightbringr

Man there are some retarded socially indoctrinated people on this forum ... wow. People who don't want to work from my experience are not lazy they just hate making some company 30k+ a month and getting paid 2k then having a bunch of that 2k taken and spent on bombs to kill other people and a whole bunch of other # that you don't want. Then you have social security ... well by the time any of us are even remotely close to retiring it will be gone, both of these are forced on us ... we have no choice. So out of the money you worked for you pay almost half of that 2k in ss and tax without choice.

In my books thats called screwing yourself over for no reason ... i try to avoid that ... just saying. TBH its the people who work within this system knowing how much they are screwing themselves that are retarded they just try and cover their stupidity by taking it out on the smart people.

Then you have the fact that some one is telling you how much your time is worth which is also BS ... how can anyone put a price on time in my life BESIDES ME ???

You guys should just do what i do ... ill work for a year or so then work out all the tax I pay in that year, then have a break from working and take back that entire tax amount from welfare until Ive gotten paid back.

Im at the point now where every time i have an interview for the job i usually walk out after they wont pay me what i wanna be paid ... im going to interviews and applying for jobs ... but no employer so far has been willing to pay what i consider my time to be worth ... and if they wont do that then i guess im stuck on welfare ... because im not working for anything less then what i deem my time to be worth ... and I absolutely refuse to have any employer tell me what my time is worth.

you guys should probably look at peoples viewpoint from a human perspective instead of a socially indoctrinated perspective ... just saying ... would make you way less retarded

Originally posted by nightbringrIf you were really serious, you would work hard, save money and move to somewhere without a government so you can have the life you like. I think Somalia would fit the bill?

Why should any human being on the planet have to do this ??? ... why should any human accept being screwed or leave .... wow ... is that really your answer .... you are possibly one of the most indoctrinated people i have ever witnessed ... your standing up for a system that is openly screwing you and your entire family because they give you a little bit of money ... wow ... doesn't take much for some people to conform ... here have a bunch of this sweet fiat currency that we can print unlimited amounts of an is actually not even worth the paper its printed on ... they are literally giving you something worth nothing for your time ... apparently to you thats a sweet deal .... fkn really ?????????

Wow.
If you don’t want to make some company 30K a month and you only earn 2K a month, then start your own damn company.

But let me guess you probably don’t have the balls, creativity or intelligence to do so.

Take it from a business owner who knows. My employees are paid according to their skill set NOT what they THINK they are worth. I value my employees and without them I would not exist. I lay awake at night worrying about how I will keep them employed. I spend my daytime hours worrying how I will keep them employed.
Try dealing with the IRS the State Dept. of taxation, workers comp, insurance issues, equipment issues, payroll, payment of utilities, promoting the company, problem solving, employee issues and scheduling to only list a few of the duties of a business owner.
What I would give for the responsibilities of a 9 to 5 worker.
Simple equation for you buddy. The More you risk and invest the more you should earn
That 30K you speak of does NOT go into the pocket of the owner!

And I never brought up the sacrifices the family makes,

Grow up

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe

Wow.
If you don’t want to make some company 30K a month and you only earn 2K a month, then start your own damn company.

But let me guess you probably don’t have the balls, creativity or intelligence to do so.

Take it from a business owner who knows. My employees are paid according to their skill set NOT what they THINK they are worth. I value my employees and without them I would not exist. I lay awake at night worrying about how I will keep them employed. I spend my daytime hours worrying how I will keep them employed.
Try dealing with the IRS the State Dept. of taxation, workers comp, insurance issues, equipment issues, payroll, payment of utilities, promoting the company, problem solving, employee issues and scheduling to only list a few of the duties of a business owner.
Simple equation for you buddy. The More you risk and invest the more you should earn

Grow up

wow .... how do you run any business. Do you even know how any sales job on the planet is run ITS CALLED GP (gross profit) and 99% of sales jobs are dictated by GP so to say i make 30k+ for the company and they dont keep it all is a flat out 100% LIE .... your answer is fkn ridiculous ... you are completely lying.

lol ... your narrow mind and extremely shallow view point only works if you have people who value money over their own time ... which in your case seems to be the only knowledge you have of human perception ... which is 100% proof that your are indoctrinated in a silly make believe system.

have a read through this and get back to me about poorer people not wanting to pay taxes

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

The fact that welfare exists in the first place is proof that something is horribly wrong.
You either work, be on welfare or starve.
being able to live and eat should have nothing to do with money.
Welfare is in place so that govs don't have to explain why essentials cost money.
Also, once you pay tax it is NO LONGER YOUR MONEY, it's like paying rent, the only thing it assures you is a minimum standard of upkeep, beyound that it no longer has anything to do with you.
Welfare is the aspect of that upkeep that is supposed to provide you the oppourtunity to leave your home each day without dodging beggars and corpses.
If the gov was doing it's job there would be no such thing as an unemployment figure and no need for welfare.
In the current paradigm there will always be unemployed people. and without welfare they either die or take from you to survive.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe

Wow.

Grow up

wow .... how do you run any business. Do you even know how any sales job on the planet is run ITS CALLED GP (gross profit) and 99% of sales jobs are dictated by GP so to say i make 30k+ for the company and they dont keep it all is a flat out 100% LIE .... your answer is fkn ridiculous ... you are completely lying.

lol ... your narrow mind and extremely shallow view point only works if you have people who value money over their own time ... which in your case seems to be the only knowledge you have of human perception ... which is 100% proof that your are indoctrinated in a silly make believe system.

have a read through this and get back to me about poorer people not wanting to pay taxes

imageshack.us...

I gotcha.

I know where you’re coming from brother. You are talking to a guy who is going to go ballistic regarding taxes and Govt. I have entertained closing the business and say screw it. Ill get all my Fk!%& taxes I paid in. I’ve had it with paying Uncle Sam, supporting wars, supporting those that don’t give a Sh!& and for those that don’t know their daddy. The ONLY things that keep my doors open are providing a livelihood for my employees and a work ethic that supports my family.

We are not far apart. I however have responsibilities to my employees and their family’s. I have had it with the system and I have had it with those that refuse to contribute to others.

And as far as all the other BS you posted buddy, You don’t have a clue.

Start your own business, deal with the challenges and get back to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

And why do so many people think that capitalisim is so good? It's rotten to the core.
Why are the tax payers so upset with welfare reciepients? What do you care? you've got your house, car, health, job, big screen tv, e.t.c, how much more do you need? do you honestly think you would be doing less work without a welfare system? paying less tax maybe? and even if you were, would it make much difference?
there is always an unemployment figure therefore there is not enough work/wealth to go around. be thankfull your a wealthy tax payer and not a welfare reciepient.
Do you think it's all beer and skittles on welfare? walk in welfare shoes a few years before you get all high and mighty.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
The working man is a sucker?

Maybe in comparrison to those who try to justify their mooching for a free paycheck.
"I dont work cause Im smarter than they are"?

This is the reason right here, why America is in the toilet.

The policies are the fault of the PEOPLE who let the GOVT get so much control over their lives.

Back in the day, if you didnt work, you were looked down upon by society for contributing nothing.
Sorry to say, but its still looked down upon.

You shouldnt be forced to work, but also, you shouldnt be allowed any benefits for contributing nothing.
Too many people living off the back of other people who dont have enough money to live off of in the first place.
Its sad, and quite pathetic.
Those who are able to work and dont, shouldnt get a dime.

If this is peoples way of "sticking it to the man", then they are doing more harm than good.

What do you do everyday to contribute to this society? Are you really making a difference? If you really want to rant, rant about the 5 trillion dollar bailout to the big banks and Wall St. They are the true theives, not the people on wellfare.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
1. I decided a long time ago that I hate jobs, but more so than my hatred of jobs is my hatred of taxes going to psychopaths who will use it to bomb third world countries. But I still need to pay taxes, so much for a "free" America, so what do you do? Resist and go to jail? Or just not work? Not working is still technically legal. And while I personally don't receive welfare, it's not too hard to get so poor you can be eligible.

2. What's the point of protesting? The government won't listen. The people (liberals) even more so won't listen when we tell them Taxed Enough Already, they just turn it into some type of racist conspiracy. If you hold up a sign saying "I'm not going to pay taxes" you'll probably be hauled away by swat team and a group of frat boys drinking beer and watching the game across the street will cheer the cops on (I know I was a frat boy). So the only real solution people can do, is to take as much money as possible from the government through welfare and other type of socialist monstrosities. And since the people are not doing anything to resist their government, it's considered an acceptable collateral damage to take money from them.

I'm not here saying I like to be a parasite, as I think the government is a parasite by definition, but this is the only way to make some change, to at least wake people up to what is happening right now. People are on welfare because there's no point working to pay taxes when you can get money for free just for being poor, and it's not hard to be poor!

So I'm sorry for the state of the world, and I am not advocating welfare, I don't use it myself, but just trying to give an explanation and not a justification as to why about half of the country lives off the other half. It's not because we are inherently moochers, it's because we inherently see the flaw in the system (at least half of us do) and by taking your money legally through the government is the only way to wake you up and realize that welfare and taxation are wrong in all its forms.
edit on 25-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

Yeah, you might not be paying taxes, but your lazy # is stealing money from those of us who do work. The problem with your strategy, or solution, is that the rest of us have to pay for you to make your point. The more people who try to make a point the same way you apparently go about protesting, the more people like myself will have to pay for all of you to protest.

How exactly is that some well thought out plan which benefits all? For you to make your point, I have to pay for you to sit on your #. For two of you to make that point, another person has to come in and pay for both of you to sit on your collective #es.

Your solution for the government to stop wasting taxes, is for the government to waste my taxes on you?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's basically come down to, "Be a restless wage-slave like the rest of us, or be a genius-level entrepreneur and invent a new boom industry, otherwise you can die please."

That's what the state of the world has come to, as far as class warfare and slave to the dollar is concerned.

World Control 101. Throw the people into a pit of slavery, and simply hope a "Great Citizen" will emerge every once in a while to give us a nice new start. Infinite monkey theorem.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Money wasted on the welfare state is money that could be spent putting more in his pocket to do with what he chooses

In the same way, money used to wage war and give foreign aid to other countries could be spent here fixing the infrastructure and funding Social Security.

Just to add, unemployment benefits are paid for by the employee until they get laid off/fired etc. It's not an entitlement if it is paid for before hand! You wouldn't call insurance an entitlement would you?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Man there are some retarded socially indoctrinated people on this forum ... wow. People who don't want to work from my experience are not lazy they just hate making some company 30k+ a month and getting paid 2k then having a bunch of that 2k taken and spent on bombs to kill other people and a whole bunch of other # that you don't want.

Wrong. I work hard and make good money so i can have a nice house, 2 cars, feed my wife and kids and put them through college so they can have good lives. I dont need social assistance, when i retire i will have well over 1 million in the bank, and ill be making my own money off investments. Social security will be a bonus, but not needed.

Then you have social security ... well by the time any of us are even remotely close to retiring it will be gone, both of these are forced on us ... we have no choice. So out of the money you worked for you pay almost half of that 2k in ss and tax without choice. The company pays no tax and keeps the entire 30k+.

Speak for yourself, im in Canada. My social security will be there. We were almost completely avoided the whole recession on 2009-2010, because we have been much more fiscally responsible. Something you know nothing about.

Im screwing myself? Interesting. I make decent money, enjoy wonderful trips every year. I go on at least two per year, once in the summer somewhere ive never been, and i go on an annual snowboarding trip! Love it! I enjoy my life. Sounds like your an angry little man who most likely hates his life. Trust me, im not screwing myself. Im making a real life for myself and my family. My daughter loves ballet. If i were like you, i wouldnt be able to afford to let her do the things she loves. You will make a terrible husband and father. Money doesnt have to be the root of all evil, it can help you live the life you want.

Then start your own business. Its the only way you will ever get paid what YOU think your worth. If you work for someone else, of COURSE you get paid what they want to pay you, your a moron to think otherwise. But of course you wouldnt have a clue how to start one, and are probably not even high school educated. You couldnt be bothered to get off your ass to improve your life.

No, i shouldnt. My quality of life would decrease, i wouldnt be able to afford to do the things i love. Oh, and i actually like my job.

So you leech off those willing to work! Bravo!

And you should realize you get out of life what you put into it. Would make you look much less of a tool.

Why should any human being on the planet have to do this ??? ... why should any human accept being screwed or leave .... wow ... is that really your answer .... you are possibly one of the most indoctrinated people i have ever witnessed ... you're standing up for a system that is openly screwing you and your entire family because they give you a little bit of money ... wow ... doesn't take much for some people to conform ... here have a bunch of this sweet fiat currency that we can print unlimited amounts of an is actually not even worth the paper its printed on ... they are literally giving you something worth nothing for your time ... apparently to you thats a sweet deal .... fkn really ?????????

Because.....it would allow you to do what you really want in life? You work a few years, make what you can and then live many years in comfort, exactly the way YOU want to live? But of course you would never do anything that sensible, because its simple for you. You dont WANT to work. You can spin it any way you want, rage against how unfair life is, but your a lazy bum and if i were president, you would not be on the dole. You would be digging ditches for minimum wage. Its all people like you can do.

edit on 26-8-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

How insulting. You make the generalization that folks who are struggling with medical issues are essentially destined to not lead a full life or contribute to society. By your logic, FDR would have sat home, Van Gogh would never have painted, Beethoven never would have composed some of his greatest works, Lance Armstrong would not have competed in several Tour de France races and Stevie Wonder would never play the piano. History is full of fantastic and heroic stories of people over coming hardships and disabilities.

I have had the opportunity to work with handicapped people and they are an inspiration to work with. I've hired people confined to wheel chairs, deaf and mute. I've promoted folks who need to go to regular dialysis and have significant disorders such as schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. These are people who are an asset to society and would not dream of sitting on their couch collecting a check. Why do you hold the bar so low for them?

It is quite easy to get SSI disability. Go to the doctor and complain of chronic back pain and as a result suffer from severe depression they will get disability. The bias of the welfare establishment is to determine why someone can't work rather than what they can do to contribute to society. It does a disservice to both the handicapped who can work by setting the bar too low, a disservice for those who can't, by taking funds out of the programs and the tax payers who are footing the bill.
edit on 26-8-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join