It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally joined ATS, in process of making my tinfoil hat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello all (or whoever actually reads this).
I'm "new" here, as far as posting goes. i've been coming to ATS for a long time now but never really felt the need to comment or post. I figured that I'd finally give it a shot.
For my taste there are a few too many deepers around these parts. What i mean is, people who are so deep into the conspiracy stuff that they take it all as fact, yet dismiss rational thought as "disinformation" or worse. To me, that is a little creepy. But there are also tons of really bright and thoughtful people posting and it is with those folks i wish to discuss/debate.
I've been into "weird" stuff all my life, for lack of a better word. When i was a child i would go to the library and take out stacks of books on mysteries, ghosts, the paranormal et al. and, unlike so many other "obsessions" in my life,my love of the strange and bizarre has never left me. I'm afraid I am terminally curious.
for the record though, I don't believe in the following:
Chem trails/HAARP
Demons/angels
Elenin (being Nibiru or a brown dwarf)
9/11 conspiracies
brainwashing/programming (well, at least not the crazy stories people tell about their obviously scarred childhoods that a trip to the therapist would help far more than a rambling ATS post. I'm sure there could be actual b&p but I find most of the first hand reports read like the DSM-IV-TR.)
If someone could give me substantiated proof. actual physical proof on any of these subjects i'd be more inclined to believe them, but as it stands I call it all horse hockey.
Oh, and generally the stuff about the NWO/Illuminati. Mainly because so much ridiculous garbage has been written on the subject. There may be some kernel of truth there but it's been effectively buried under a mountain of paranoia, poorly made youtube videos, incorrectly reported info and trolling that i find it a tough pill to swallow.
I'm willing to change my tune on any of these. But, again, The proof is in the pudding.
It's a pretty short list, but one I'm sure to catch some hell over.
Anyway, now that I've alienated half of you...
Glad to be on ATS finally. I hope i can contribute to the conversation.
edit on 08/25/2011 by MuchTooSerious because: typos

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

Welcome to ATS! That was an interesting introduction and I now see what you don't believe in, but would love to know what topics interest you most.

Your childhood sounds like mine, I read tons of books on ghosts, mysteries, the Bermuda Triangle and the like.

I think of myself as terminally curious as well.

Have fun!!

edit on 25-8-2011 by tsawyer2 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hi, welcome to ATS.

Look forward to reading your first topic related thread have fun browsing around and don’t forget the ATS “search” function, it’s quite useful for looking up any particular subject.

Post a pic of that tin foil hat once it’s done

Spike Spiegel

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Over the years, I've noted so many newcomers who come in with established beliefs and sometimes, even entrenched postures on subjects that are ATS mainstays. And over time, you notice how their intro credentials evolve and change with time and discussion.

One of my charter beliefs is that people will not have their hearts and minds changed by arguing. The change, if it does come, arrives slowly and quietly on such a personal level that one doesn't even at first notice.

On all the web, ATS is something of a rule unto itself because as the internet is becoming more and more restrictive (and constrictive), this land is still more like the old wild west town where there is always someone leaving via Boot Hill, and some wayward pilgrim arriving on the stage.

Hope you enjoy your stay. The hotel is just across the street and the saloon is always open...

... just don't mess with the barkeep or the piano player.

Best

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi and welcome

hope you enjoy your stay on ATS

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That almost sounded like you were typing about my childhood. Books on Bigfoot, Loch Ness, Burmuda Triangle and UFO's were a staple for me. Welcome aboard, I look forward to future conversations.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ah, fresh meat.

Nice to see you're skeptical about things, wait a few months.
You might be surpries what you're willing to believe then.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Welcome!

Boy i wish my Intro got this many replies!

Anyway, i've been on the forum for about 2 years, and have been a member for about 1. Be ready to be frusterated, to laugh, to slam your fists, and maybe even cry! haha

Oh and if you look into Brainwashing, and the secret projects the Military and Gov had 30,40 years ago then you'll start to realize that it is a very real thing.

Just a lil tidbit.

WELCOME :]

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuchTooSerious
don't believe in the following:
[]
HAARP
[]
If someone could give me substantiated proof. actual physical proof i'd be more inclined to believe them, but as it stands I call it horse feathers.
[]
Glad to be on ATS finally. I hope i can contribute to the conversation.

Welcome. Glad you joined the conversation.

So you don't believe in HAARP?

What exactly does that mean to you?

You deny the fact that the natural gas powered 3 billion watt array aka the "HAARP Facility" exists?

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Or is it that you do not believe this tech is used for defense, mind control, and/or weather/terra manipulation projects?

Check out some of the links to US Patents related to HAARP here:

US Climate Change Weapon

Have you watched the "Angels Don't Play This HAARP" videos on youtube?

???

Sri Oracle

PS... on the subject of your tinfoil hat... I've found through "active research"... it helps to have a insulating layer between the foil and your head of at least 1" thickness and to have an insulated ground wire attached to your foil linking to a small segment of chain which drags on the earth behind you... else your foil may just amplify any effects.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy it.

You made me realise something. I've been here for years and never introduced myself yet. Duh!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Welcome to the hallowed halls of ATS . . . most fun you can have without your clothes o . . . . um . . . maybe not, but if you're anything like the rest of us, you'll be amazed at the eclectic mix of posters who hang out in these parts.

And, if I may give a suggestion to the tin foil beanie . . . use a few strands of foil taken from Caramilk wrappers . . . not only will you look trendy in your gold-laced chapeau, you'll have some mighty good eatin' along the way.

Cheers bubbalooo and have some fun!!

PS - tin foil hat pictures are required before you get your key to the executive loo and the liquor cabinet!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Welcome. This is a great place for breaking news. And then you get to comment on it!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
I really didn't expect it, but it makes me feel...well...welcome.
As for the things I "don't" believe in. It's more amatter of what I've read and researched. But don't get me wrong, I told you: If you have the PROOF I'm willing to learn.
It really is awesome to be welcomed like this. I've joined forums/sites before with never as much as a hello.
As for my childhood (and yours) yesm it was full of all the weirdness one could want. i had a feeling I'd find a few kindred spirits in that regard. It's sort of the profile for an adult lover of the strange.

I'll warn you, i can be opinionated but always willing to learn.

As for HAARP. I know it exists in and of itself, but as for it's being used to cause quakes or used for mindcontrol 9here we go again) I reserve judgment. I've read a lot about it but still haven't "seen the light" as it were.
We'll see though. I'll check out the links.
I wanted to post this but havent reached my 20 yet... and I don't want to sound crazy, but i have the weirdest feeling that the VA earthquake was, in fact, a foreshock.
The weird part?
I keep feeling like (and I'm in new england), if that Hurricane hits... AND Mr. Earth decided to do the twist at the same time..yikes.
But some knowing feeling is saying it might happen. (But I wouldn't put any bets on it. I'm not Sylvia Brown. Hell, Sylvia Brown isn't Sylvia Brown.)
Haha, so with that out of the way, THANKS EVERYONE. Glad to meet you!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh, i forgot to thank everyone for the tips on constructing an ATS approved Tin Foil hat!!
Mine is going to be a doozy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Hi MuchTooSerious, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome/helpful links. Hope to be posting some of my own stuff soon and not just aggrevating other people!

Do you think something that was 13 pages in word was too long for a reply?
If so... sorry.

I've never been very Papa Ernie in my prose.
Oh well, ce'st la vie.
edit on 08/25/2011 by MuchTooSerious because: because AGGREBATING sounds dirty

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Welcome fellow newbie masshole

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuchTooSerious
Wow.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

MuchTooSerious.

A welcome from me as well!

I'll warn you, i can be opinionated but always willing to learn.

Nothing wrong with opinionated, but it seems like you're willing to hear both sides before standing firm on your own ground.

See you around the forums!

top topics

join