It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Thievery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This thread could have gone in a couple directions. Ultimately, it's related to 9/11, so if mod feels the thread needs moving, please do so.

Anyways, after reading through this, my faith in humanity crumbled a bit. Any time someone exploits a tragedy or loss for financial gain, it sickens me.

Story from Yahoo: 9/11 Charity Fraud - Yahoo News

Near the bottom, they detail specific cases that are stomach turning. Could you imagine losing a loved one in the 9/11 attack and then reading about some human trash exploiting that to make themselves wealthy? Thats capitalism I guess.

Heres an example (from the article): "...Still, he's come a long way since serving a few days in a Tampa jail in 1993 for misdemeanor theft and battery. With his wife, he's moving into a $660,000, five-bedroom house overlooking a lake in Chandler, Ariz..."

edit on 25-8-2011 by Slaytanic because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Slaytanic

I couldn't even finish reading the article, that's how much this disgusts me. I've worked for non-government organizations whose admin budget never exceeded 10%, and I think that's the desirable level. The problem I often see though is that the people who are supposed to be helped by the charities are sometimes the last to be helped, when they should be the first.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Slaytanic

Yes, this is bad stuff. But people were warned to be very careful about contributing to 9/11 charities. The advise still applies.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Insider Trading on 9/11

This is the direction this post should have taken. There were wall street bankers who knew 9/11 was going to happen. People made so much more money off of this than duped charities. How about the guy who collected the insurance money on the twin towers?

deny ignorance

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

JOHNSTOWN - A roundup of 16 welfare fraud cases announced this week by Fulton County authorities reinforced the various ways local residents can find themselves in trouble while attempting to receive Department of Social Services benefits. Authorities say potential cheats should know better, and DSS instructs them on filling out forms. Prosecutors also say welfare cheats usually don't get away with their crimes. "There's usually convictions on 100 percent of the cases," Fulton County District Attorney Louise Sira said today. "The cases usually involve a paper trail so they're very hard to dispute." An example is Melissa Vazquez, 31, of North St., Gloversville, the daughter of a victim of the 911 attacks, whose arrest was announced this week and who is now in the Fulton County Jail. Sheriff's Department welfare fraud Investigator Christina VanValkenburgh reported Tuesday that Vazquez was arrested by the Fulton County Welfare Fraud Task Force on Oct. 7, charged with third-degree grand larceny, third-degree welfare fraud, first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and obtaining public assistance by fraud. VanValkenburgh said it was determined Vazquez received $12,412 in food stamp, Medicaid and Home Energy Assistance Program benefits she was not entitled to after officials learned she did not report her $464,000 in income from a victim compensation trust account from the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in New York City, where her father was killed..

Source

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slaytanic
Near the bottom, they detail specific cases that are stomach turning. Could you imagine losing a loved one in the 9/11 attack and then reading about some human trash exploiting that to make themselves wealthy? Thats capitalism I guess.

This is exactly what I feel, whenever I see some damned fool conspiracy web site or another spreading the delusion that planes really didn't hit the towers. All the husbands, wives, parents, and children who saw (and keep seeing) the precise moment in time when their loved ones were killed should take comfort knowing they were really all just holograms.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

This is exactly what I feel, whenever I see some damned fool conspiracy web site or another spreading the delusion that planes really didn't hit the towers. All the husbands, wives, parents, and children who saw (and keep seeing) the precise moment in time when their loved ones were killed should take comfort knowing they were really all just holograms.

Yes, its far better to ignore the real murderers so they can continue to kill innocent brown people in our names.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slaytanic

Why did they leave Richard Gauge name off of the list of 911 profit scum bags

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Why did they leave Richard Gauge name off of the list of 911 profit scum bags

Maybe that disinfo "scumbag" has not sold enough t-shirts to make the list.

top topics

join