It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have my thanks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here is the deal. I was never a lurker. The first day I discovered ATS I became a member. I found everything here absolutely fascinating.

Observation is very important to me when it comes to people. I see people create works of art in posting their findings on the vast array of subjects ATS caters to. I'm not sure "art" is an accurate portrayal, but it is as close as I could come to the word. Your hard work, dedication and passion do not go unnoticed. Even the people who consistantly flame or troll or whatever add to the entire experience of my dabbling here. The psychology of it all is captivating.

I find myself on here getting all tied up in knots over the political issues, the civil issues, the world in general. I can identify with everybody who just wants to step out on their doorstep and scream "Wake up!" I understand those who find hope in religion. I know why so many take comfort in atheism. I have been both, and I have found myself somewhere in between.

In all the madness, bad news, and growing fear over the great unknown future, I have found peace. My personal peace comes at a time I have least expected. I still get angry, but something has changed. I once took great pleasure in indulging the monster within. I was all too eager to feed my own hatred in the belief that it made me powerful. I was wrong. I couldn't wait to be pushed to the point of reaction. Now I realize that reaction is the affirmation that all instigators need to pass judgement.

I honestly believe that the peace I feel within is due almost entirely to reconnecting with the stars. I have had a stint of a little over a decade where I have not cared to look up. I take all of the Elenin doom and gloom threads with a grain of salt, but in the end I have to credit them for making me take just a moment in the last 5 months of my being on ATS to gaze into the night sky. Now I devote at least two hours a night to doing so. I have seen a great many wanderous things. I see military craft that have no classification, that I know of. I see stars that appear to move. I see traveling points of light that I cannot explain. I have begun learning the constellations, and the stars that comprise them. It gives me the greatest perspective of my place in the grand scheme of things.

I have every one of you to thank for this feeling. Continue to be what you are, but take just a moment to experience what others are attempting to make you aware of. I cannot stress the importance of this enough.

Also, remember that in being unique individuals, it is impossible for us to all agree. If somebody debates your stance on a subject, so be it. In the end give each other a cyber hand shake and agree that you disagree.

I wish my peace on all of you.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
That is a great message and there is a lot to like about it. Thank you for posting it.

None of us ever really know to what extent people are paying attention, outside of a few friends maybe. Even if you have no idea who I am and havent ever read a single post of mine, your messae still makes me fel good about posting here because it demonstrates there are sensitive, intelligent people "paying attention" in general. Doesn't everybody feel somehow a little more uplifted and appreciated because of the OP's post? I know I do. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That was awesome
Well said, man.

I have recently been spending as much time as possible looking up at the night sky. When you come back on to ATS, you realize that everything has it's perfect place. It is quite strange. The trolls, the prophets, the crazies, the academics, the rent-a-mods and the grammar nazi's all play their part in lighting up our night sky, so to speak.

Thanks for the inspiration

edit on 25-8-2011 by dyllels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels
That was awesome
Well said, man.

I have recently been spending as much time as possible looking up at the night sky. When you come back on to ATS, you realize that everything has it's perfect place. It is quite strange. The trolls, the prophets, the crazies, the academics, the rent-a-mods and the grammar nazi's all play their part in lighting up our night sky, so to speak.

Thanks for the inspiration

edit on 25-8-2011 by dyllels because: (no reason given)

I hate to say well said after you just said it to someone else. Well said!

It hurts to say that =) (not really)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Your post definitely struck a chord with my own experiences on the site.

Haven't seen any military crafts yet, did see a slowly moving star though once!

Peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

You've very eloquently stated many of my own feelings about ATS and how it has changed me in so many ways.
We should all take the time to watch the stars, it can give you peace like nothing else can.
The variety of people here is amazing and though we can always find much to disagree on the uniqueness of each member strikes me as the spark of divinity within us all.
What a boring world it would be if we all thought and acted the same!
Viva la difference!

new topics

top topics

join