It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden's Granddaughter Naomi's Mini-Skirt in China criticized

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

I say forget the criticism of the young lady's mini-skirt and concentrate more on why a politician's grandkid gets to go on an official business trip around the world to China anyway.

You can view the mini-skirt here:
www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hey what they don't tell you is not only is she getting a free vacation all expenses payed she probably is also getting a nice wardrobe allotment.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yup not only is she milking Tax payers money, but she should be criticized, she is representing the united states when she's out there, she should dress like she is working, just like the vast amjority of the rest of us would have to and want too!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Honestly, I cannot see the problem. It's a nice dress imo. Get over it people...she showed a bit of leg, it's the end of the world...
edit on 25-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The real embarassment is that we sent Joe Biden to a foreign country as a representative of the United States in the first place. "I understand the one child policy" was far more eggregious and facepalming than his granddaughter's choice in apparel.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The real embarassment is that we sent Joe Biden to a foreign country as a representative of the United States in the first place.
I immediately thought the same thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So?
What do you expect?
Joe is the Parish Hilton of politicians.
And it runs in the family blood line..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Who criticized it? The author of the article?

There is nothing wrong with the dress at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ah Pshaw! The mini skirt is the greatest invention ever. ANyone who hates them is wither sexually repressed, gay or doesn't have the legs to work it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sorry, sexually active, have the legs for it, and gay? I'm happily married.

I dislike most minis. Idon't think it's kosher to go into a country representing the country, even by proxy, with a short dress on. But unless China complains about it, I'm not going to say a dogone thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

There is when your on a trip for the United States and show up in a foreign country crapping on their belief system. This dress would be considered offensive to China and it's showing a complete lack of respect.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
OP your header to this thread is BS. This thread is BS. We should stop stupid non-news like this.

I want to know the name of the "critics" so I can shame them here. Some people need to know how stupid they are, and whomever suggests this is "news" or "thread worthy", is just plain stupid, and is a distraction to ACTUAL PROBLEMS. Distracting with stupid stuff like this should bring heat upon whomever causes it. This is the pinnacle of hypocrisy, so I guess it's suitable "news" for the millions of Americans who live in a totally hypocritical mindset every day of their TV watching lives.

It is a sick bunch of people that want to distract attention from the criminal acts of the people in power, and focus it on some kid. I am not surprised if the world laughs at us when we're such massive hypocrites.

Pathetic and lame.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Good question. If the Chinese didn't complain this is more partisan crap from Fox.

I disagree. While she may not be representing America she's there with the man who is. Joe should have said something.

Edit: Their culture is quite reserved.
edit on 25-8-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I would actually agree with you. I was just bein silly. I do like the style of the mini, but I also feel there is a time and place for it. Representing one's nation is mosr certainly not. That said though, she isn't a politician herself and it says more about the culture of our youth than it does about Biden himself or the US as a nation. Yound people will be young people. It's not that big of a deal. It's not as if she got off the plane wearing something Lady Gaga would wear and grabbing at her nipples and such.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah, considering how many girl babies the Chinese have killed, or caused their citizens to kill,

we better listen to them, when they tell us how our girls should dress!

NOT.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I would actually agree with you. I was just bein silly. I do like the style of the mini, but I also feel there is a time and place for it. Representing one's nation is mosr certainly not. That said though, she isn't a politician herself and it says more about the culture of our youth than it does about Biden himself or the US as a nation. Yound people will be young people. It's not that big of a deal. It's not as if she got off the plane wearing something Lady Gaga would wear and grabbing at her nipples and such.
That is so not a mental image I needed.

But maybe she was advertising the goods for when our Chinese overloards come in and take control.

www.youtube.com...

That commercial always makes my hair stand on end, as well as makes me laugh,

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Consider the twat-like non-human entities, that hate girl's legs, aka 'miniskirts':

1: All churches.
2: All atheist nations.

Okay? You seeing the hypocrisy?

Probably you don't see the hypocrisy. Probably the hypocrisy is like yummy food for you. What would you do if you started facing truth?

Females, are under assault on this planet, from all the powers that be. Aborted girls, means population reduction. Satan tightens his grip through fools, but all these fools need do, is stop being so ghey and/or human hating.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Yeah, considering how many girl babies the Chinese have killed, or caused their citizens to kill,

we better listen to them, when they tell us how our girls should dress!

NOT.
Not in the manner that we should bow to their wishes, but here's a story:

Teen from a conservative church bragged to his youth group about having chewed out some Baptist's so badly that he "pinned that guy's ears to the wall!" The youth minister immediately asked, "How can they listen when their ears are pinned to walls?"

When you spend all your time flaunting things at and mocking people, how are they going to have the time or the inclination to ever learn from you? She wasn't wrong for wearing the dress. If the Chinese are insensed over it (BIG if), she is then wrong for negatively influencing the outcome of a political meeting. Two seperate and totally different issues. You can be RIGHT but not IN the right.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

I say forget the criticism of the young lady's mini-skirt and concentrate more on why a politician's grandkid gets to go on an official business trip around the world to China anyway.

You can view the mini-skirt here:
www.examiner.com...

By "forget the criticism of the young lady's miniskirt"

You mean....I think I will start a thread about it?

Let's attack grandchildren now.

And BTW
"why a politician's grandkid gets to go on an official business trip around the world to China anyway"

It is strict law/policy that whenever a family member of a politician travels along with the politician on official business they must pay for all of thier own meals, accomodations etc. and re-imburse the government for what that normal airfare would be for that person to travel on the average airline.

That goes for Presidents, VPs, Congressmen etc. Everytime the President travels on business, if his family comes along, they pay for it.

If the trip involves both business and pleasure, administrators actually parse out which meals etc. days were business and which were personal.

These expense reports are submitted to the Congressional accounting office and believe me if they weren't the GOP would be screaming.

In short - just political rhetoric and spin.

From the CRS Report For Congress
Presidential Travel: Policy and Costs

For security and other reasons, the President, Vice President, and First Lady use military aircraft when they travel.

The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or political functions.

Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities.
When a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses.

When a trip is for political or unofficial purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline.

When a trip involves both official and political activities, a formula determines the amount to be reimbursed for that part of the trip involving political activities..

assets.opencrs.com...

edit on 25-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Who cares what she wears?

It's all made in China. Without the Chinese she'd be naked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join