It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World an International Seance Work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As far as I know it has never been tried?

Iam imagining something as big as Live Aid, with seance venues holding tens of thousands in as many nations as possible.
The intention?
Ok to summon the spirits?

To have the living and dead meet and communicate?

Would the sheer numbers and concentrated energy make this work?

Imagine the first live TV communication with the dead.

Perhaps one or more dead spirits could be targeted?

I believe it could yield results?

What do other members think.

Iam only posting this in skunk works because it will end up here anyway.

Personally I believe its a pretty decent idea.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
No one has ever been able to prove to me that a Seance can actually bring spirits to the table.

Seems like you would have to prove that before the next questions could be answered

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
with an online ouija board?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
your title is wrong.. 'Would' an international Séance work?

I agree with the first reply, there is no evidence that they actually work or that spirits even exist. What you would end up with if you tried it would be a convention where all the believers get together while the rest of the world mocks,

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It does not surprise me that there are so many people in the world trying to get people interested in witchcraft and black arts and packaging the same in kitsch. The Bible fortells this would happen more and more. People are falling for the devil's scheme to keep them alienated from God.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

that is some scary stuff, Dr Expired. the cumulative effort could unleash results that would make you wish you never thought of the concept, if successful. you are aware that those who seek to summon may conjure up spirits best left alone, right?

the logistics would be difficult too. developing a network of like-minded individuals would probably get very skewed results. different people are at different levels; rarely are they on the same page, or hold similar ability.

i think having different people that are into different beliefs or mind-sets would just serve to scramble the channels of reception. regardless of what belief, magic or faith you may lean towards, just publicizing for such an event to assemble a willing group would also attract individuals of opposing viewpoint who would do their best to negate your attempt. they would do so because they felt it would be the right thing to do.

a group that is already organized, of one given belief system, strong in their faith and clear & clean in mind and body (drug, alcohol, medication and other impurities = not good) and possessing very similar education & understanding; these people, in great numbers, cast around the world, working in unison, would have the better probability of success. even then, the time & day would have to be very well chosen.

in short, you're looking at an undertaking of epic proportion, with no guarantee of any success. i can see how one could write an interesting novel or screenplay with this concept as the primary thrust of the tale. the potential for good v evil, contrast of characters etcetera, it just reeks of possibilities.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Wow great post.
It's nice to know there are those on the skunk works forum , who can identify an interesting idea and/or concept.
Appreciate your warning also,it could indeed be the catalyst for "The War Of the Spirits"...but no doubt it would be one spooky film if done with sublime suspense.
Imagine the darkened stadiuns bathed in waxing moon glow, thousands trying to contact the spirit of Jimi Hendix....and then a solitary guitar is heard wailing seemingly from all directions.
Peole gasp, as Jimi's shimmering outline is seen and then screams as a young woman starts levitating and mass panic as her head is torn off by Jimis spectral hands and blood spurts upwards from the jugular.

Its too late , soon Jimi is joined by Morrisson, Lennon, urtis,Cobain,Sinatra,Jackson,Whinehouse,Vaughan,ect, they are crooning, shrieking,yelling, mumbling, in incomprehensible spirit talk, as they decapitate thousands upon thousands one by one , row by row.

In different stadiums different spirits could appear, with varying methods of slaughter?
Anyway I agree the idea for a movie is there?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
your title is wrong.. 'Would' an international Séance work?

I agree with the first reply, there is no evidence that they actually work or that spirits even exist. What you would end up with if you tried it would be a convention where all the believers get together while the rest of the world mocks,

What about, a number of people volunteer to temporary possession/channeling. Just some random person who then tells who he/she is and everyone looks up their grandchildren on the internet and they'd have a live skype conversation. The person would be able to tell all kinds of details which they otherwise could not have known about. It's kind of like the reverse of what some people claim to do, look at a picture of a deceased when asked and then proceed to contact.

But to contact some random unknown spirit that just happens to be in the neighbourhood (or it might even be organized on 'the other side') and search for it's living relatives appears more believable, although I doubt many people would agree to talk to such a channeling.

Leaves only the problem of religious folks disturbing the seance, I'm sure there will be many protestors as already seen in this thread. Maybe if there was a website containing an explanation in the context of each different faith, it can be a difficult subject for many.
edit on 27/8/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join