It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What event in your life made you think something is not right here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

For me it was the gulf oil spill. I never really payed much attention to what was going on in the world, as a matter of fact, i didn't even start watching the spill coverage until a few weeks after it had happened. I happened to flip the channel to CNN thinking, "man, this spill is still going on? better check and see the extent of it all," you know? and I noticed the "live" feed of the blow out was looping on itself. I had gone camping a few months earlier, had scrounged the net for some ghost stories for the kids, and one of the sights that had popped up was this one. I remembered it when I saw the feed being looped, and here I am.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Great question,
Actually it was second grade, sister Mary's class,
I couldnt understand the cain and able, adam and eve scenario and who did they marry and have babies with if there was only their mom,
and if there was sisters did they marry their sisters to have babies?

Yep I was young, I was smart, and the answers to this day just dont cut it.
edit on 25-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I can't say it was any one single moment, but maybe realizing that there is nobody "wise and compassionate" in charge of the light at the end of the tunnel...its just a bunch of scared, filthy, confused apes called humans driven by their hormones and nervous systems into all kinds of painful trouble.

Now that kind of chaos, my friends, may be far more terrifying than any orderly conspiracy...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
Ok my friends, what was it that made you think that all is not right with things, i.e. TPTB,Government, UFOs, yadda yadda.

For example, when I read Behold a Pale Horse for the first time it freaked me out and got me thinking and researching about conspiracies and opened my eyes to what was really going on.

What was your moment?

Even as a child I had seen controlled demolitions on TV. When I saw 9/11 footage everything was surreal and it all seemed off to me somehow (I was in HS). I am guessing a lot of us felt the same way because of all of the threads on the subject, but holy hell. That day was so weird, so surreal, so crazy. Gas lines were 10 cars thick. Traffic everywhere, school closures, the news everything. Then there was the videos and the half explanations, and none of it seemed plausible. It was and still is crazy. It changed me in a lot of ways.

But when it comes to everyday life on earth, I had a bad/great drug trip that made me view life a lot differently, and since then things have not seemed quite right. I can explain it in words, but that wont do anything for you or explain anything. We learn through experience not words, and that one experience completely changed my worldview. I do not do drugs anymore or "explore." If you want to be a functioning member of the society then I cannot and never will recommend any drugs what-so-ever (even alcohol and smokes).

It was less than a minute in my life, and life has never been the same. It was a dream while I was awake, but it wasn't me. It was someone else living as me. I saw my past, my future, my everything and what it meant and why it doesn't matter. Since then everything has seemed off. It is a game. It is like a ride at an amusement park if you will. It sounds vague, because it is...and it has to be...until you take that step off a cliff and never really fully come back. You then see the line for what it is. You see life for what it is. Everyone else is in an ordered line, and you, well you are now outside that line wondering why people would stand in the line. They look at you like you are crazy and you look at them the same way...because it is a line...it is order. Get back in line. You can't anymore though. You are done with lines. That line leads nowhere.

This may have all been a subliminal thought I hadn't realized I held induced by the drugs, but either way it was very real for me and it was still in my consciousness. It was there whether I realized it or not, whether I was ready or not. It was in there somewhere and it was shown to me on the big screen of my mind...probably before I was ready for it...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
edit on 25-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ever since I was a child I have been obssessed with ancient Egypt (have no idea why), ufos, outer space, and any kind of mystery...but what got me HERE was the BP thing. That's when I started thinking we were being lied to for sure. I was watching the ROV cams constantly, and it didn't match what we were being told.....so that was it for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join