It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all UFO experts! Can you explain this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I could also be a societal or cultural thing. It is not hard to see how someone might see something...anything....then mold it to some popular idea. Such as flying saucers. Seems as soon as some event and reporter caused that term to be first used...BAM, people are "seeing" them everywhere. And, as the cool/popular version of "ufo's" have changed, so has what people are "seeing".

Someone see's lights in the sky and I'm betting by the time they are done with describing their "amazing sighting" it was [insert modern, popular UFO shape here] zipping around and making right angle turns, blah, blah, stereotypical crap. You get the idea.

I'm betting any one of us could fake a pretty good sighting, with a new shape and behavior description then watch to see how many "me tooos" we get......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
reply to post by AllUrChips

Perhaps they aren't the same thing?
Whoah, and i'm not an expert!

Exactly. We don't really know that any 2 UFOs have the same explanation. Since we have no idea what a given UFO is, how can we hope to explain why its shape is different from some other UFO?

So, giving up explanation a stepping over into the world of speculation:

1. They are swarms of nanobots that take whatever shape they need to for the purpose at hand
  2. Our perception of UFOs is only a tiny aspect of what is really "there." Therefore, our perception will vary with time, place and situation.
  3. There are many different source of UFOs, each with different shaped craft.
  4. Our brains aren't really equipped to perceive UFOs, so we internally construct whatever shape we can make sense of from the confusing sense data.
  5. WE are MADE to see whatever it is THEY want us to see.
  6. Probably the correct explantion is one I haven't thought of and perhaps even can't think of.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think is due to more updated techs. The UFO are said to be native to Earth somehow like secret gov crafts The unidentified SPACECRAFT are the interesting 1z due to them not being native. So in short the shapes may have changed just because of newer designes. I learned this in UFO school

edit on 8/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Calling all UFO experts! Can you explain this?

Just a quick note: There are no UFO experts.

*Our government claims no interest.
*Science rigorously ignores the subject.
*The mainscream media ridicules witness and has driven the subject underground.

There are no benchmarks, no gold standards, no credentials for an impossible expertise in something that purposely, and by definition, is left as an unknown.

edit on 25-8-2011 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

The mainscream media ridicules witness and has driven the subject underground.

um...hi!....reality calling.......the msm pokes fun at this subject why? And who's fault is that? Think very carfully about your answer. Folks like you who cry about how we are treated in the media seem to have blinders on concerning the reason behind that. Here's a hint: Just read the THREAD TITLES alone on this front page and get back to me.

We have long been own own worst enemy, and the very same people that cry about it lack the intelligence to understand who's fault it really is. Sad.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Triangler shape "UFO" appeared over the skies north west of Sydney around 7.35pm tonight; I'm convienced these are terrestrial and not extraterrestrial!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Maybe some of the new ones people are seeing are manmade, using back engineered technology from recovered E.T craft. I think also that these E.T’s have different crafts for different things, but wouldn’t such a highly advanced race or races have mastered the engineering and manufacturing of these crafts at this point? One would think so due to the fact that they can make such fantastic maneuvers and travel such far distances across space.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hey, thats a great question, you have to remember that we are not the only things in this universe that has evolved and found better ways to make things, and has different models of things, ie - cars, boats, airplanes... they have obvousally figured out that they needed to make changes for the better and have done just that. I dont think they would use the same model of aircraft if it was not efficient, and they may have found a new fuel source as well. CHanges happen when a community or a species evolves mentally and gets smarter, wiser and more functional. Thats why you have heard of so many different shapes of space craft over the years.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
No such thing as a ”UFO expert”.
How can anyone be an expert in a field comprised of conjecture, assumption and un-verifiable experiences?

J Allen Hynek would like to have a word with you.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-8-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Many people suggest that more then one alien race is visiting.

Perhaps one race uses the triangles and another uses the disks while a third uses the cigars.

There are many answers to your question, none of which are anything more then mere speculation.

The only thing I know about these aliens is that they are coming here, nothing more, and nothing less.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Triangler shape "UFO" appeared over the skies north west of Sydney around 7.35pm tonight; I'm convienced these are terrestrial and not extraterrestrial!

Can you please explain to me how "terrestrial" aircraft can hover, and then accelerate so fast they dissapear "in a flash"?

And secondly if they are so terrestrial, how do you explain the sudden acceleration that would kill a human pilot and/or crew?

Over the next hour the two scrambled F-16s attempted nine separate interceptions of the targets. On three occasions they managed to obtain a radar lock for a few seconds but each time the targets changed position and speed so rapidly that the lock was broken. During the first radar lock, the target accelerated from 240 km/h to over 1,770 km/h while changing altitude from 2,700 m to 1,500 m, then up to 3,350 m before descending to almost ground level – the first descent of more than 900 m taking less than two seconds. Similar manoeuvres were observed during both subsequent radar locks. On no occasion were the F-16 pilots able to make visual contact with the targets and at no point, despite the speeds involved, was there any indication of a sonic boom. Moreover, narrator Robert Stack added in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries, the sudden changes in acceleration and deceleration would have been fatal to one or more human pilots.

_from wikipedia belgian ufo wave

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It has been mentioned before and also the National Press Club Disclosure,The US has cataloged over 57 species of extra terrestrials. And Im sure with each of those.. they mostly use different technologies.. propulsion.. lighting.. observation etc.

Just look at how our cars here in the US look different from the ones in Europe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Do Earthlings not send probes to explore new worlds and search for new life, in their 5 year mission?

Obviously ET has known about Earth as long as we have.
I would think Earth is a Space Port, stop off, Rest Area, gathering place for Interstella/ interplanetary peoples/travellers.
I wouldnt think that the shape of a UFO is constantly changing because of to many advancements.
If a race had made proven Interstella or interdimensional vehicles, One can probably assume they were like us, and made very many experimental craft, to perfect the design, so you could say that these designs are already perfected...How can you improve on perfect?
Humans travel in motorcars that are essentially the same as 100 years ago....4 wheels, an engine etc. Cars dont fly, people still die in crashes, etc etc
The only advancements is in the technical application, not the design...the design is the same.
So to any advance peoples......If they do what they are suppose to, then why would they change the design?
Probably just improve what they have.
The Disc/orb/sphere is a universal perfection, why change it?
Some UFOs apparently have crashed.......so too our sophisticated cars.
Some UFOs apparently can enter and exit water, and then fly to space. Some probably cant.
The Cigar shapes are suppose to belong to the Subterrainean Saurans, so Lacerta says.
I believe the Triangles are ours Now. But may be patterned off other's designs.

It doesnt matter what photo, video or whatever evidence people present, it will always be debunked by someone.
As many people on this forum have said, Unless one lands on the White House lawn, a shakes Barrys hand (ala Day the Earth Stood Still), then it didnt happen.

Personally i think they already live on Earth, as an out post, and possible other planets in our Solar System, and are waiting to invite Earth Humans into the "Universe Proper", when Humans grow up.

At present time, Humans are savage, immature children.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

um...hi!....reality calling.......the msm pokes fun at this subject why? And who's fault is that? Think very carfully about your answer. Folks like you who cry about how we are treated in the media seem to have blinders on concerning the reason behind that. Here's a hint: Just read the THREAD TITLES alone on this front page and get back to me.

Folks like me? Crying? Excuse me?

*EDIT*

That was a really uncalled for. In fact, I had something completely different in reply to the insult... but changed my mind and so too, the text of this post.

So, the point is what? That the media, formerly known as the free press, once known as the fourth estate, is something akin to a disinformational fifth column now because there is a circus in town they couldn't resist?

There's enough serious research going on to warrant better from them regardless of whether it can or ever will turn out any experts on the subject. If there is a choice between a carnival sideshow and some genuine news... they don't have to go buy tickets to see the bearded lady.

In closing... it is your call but, you may want to show your fellow ATS members a little respect. You will find that getting it in return works a lot better that way.

edit on 25-8-2011 by redoubt because: Rewrite

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I'm not saying that they aren't super intelligent life forms I am simply stating that they are more technologically advanced then our society at the current point in time. In years to come we will also be able to fly to different worlds, therefore would that make us "super intelligent" life forms? I don't believe that would. Just because they can fly to different worlds does not make them "super intelligent" it just means they started building technology before we started...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I have a question about ufos. How did the shapes of these ufos change so much over the years? They used to be disk shaped or cigar shaped, whereas now they seem to be triangular in shape. I was just wondering do the alens have different models and makes of ships? Just seems as our technology has advanced, so to has the aliens. Any ufologist out there that have any thoughts?

For one, differentiating black projects of anyone's govt. is question one - what do they have vs what is anomalous.

If the phenomenon could be differentiated, then think of it this way: it's all passed through cultural filters. As we change, and progress in thought and culture, the phenomenon presents or manifests just ahead of us. It will always present forward ideas or concepts. It almost seems as if we're being led into our own future by these "apparitions" or whatever you want to call them.

However, read Jacques Vallee and Chris Aubeck's "Wonders in the Sky" and you'll see that cylinders, discs, triangles and the rest have been seen sporadically throughout history - way before mankind entered into flight himself.

The perception of the objects) is key, and as we go forward, I doubt this phenomenon will look the same to us in 20 years.

But, I'll add to everyone's statements here peppered throughout - I'm no "expert" and no one really is. We're all just trying to get our heads around multiple questions that may or may not be connected to the actual phenomenon.
edit on 26-8-2011 by jritzmann because: spell check

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Hey Jeff,
Not sure about that. If the phenomenon was always ahead 20 yrs, then why haven't they used planes as objects for our perception? Rather, I think the objects have been fairly consistent, although I do agree that they have far more manipulation over energy/matter and spacetime as we conceive them.
I really think that modern science and ufology will have to mix when it comes to the matter of uh...hmm...dark matter. And dark energy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think the reason for it is that its possible that the life formulas we may have on other planets and in other galaxies have the ability to churn out new technology almost instantly. It is quite interesting and thought-provoking come to think of it - it seems that these supposed alien life forms create new shapes of aircraft almost all the time although the 'saucer' shaped aircraft is still the most commonly seen. It would be great to find out why these craft are built the way they are i.e why was craft in Phoenix, Arizona seemingly built in a boomerang style?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The triangular shaped or flying wing type are man made, most likely American.
They use electrogravitics for propulsion. This technology has been around since the 50's

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Not we got bumps:

Any shape or size or weight might be used according to some theories.
A central motor would allow lift and a pick off of the main reaction should be used
for level flight. So whoever gets approval in the design gets to set the shape.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join