It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all UFO experts! Can you explain this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have a question about ufos. How did the shapes of these ufos change so much over the years? They used to be disk shaped or cigar shaped, whereas now they seem to be triangular in shape. I was just wondering do the alens have different models and makes of ships? Just seems as our technology has advanced, so to has the aliens. Any ufologist out there that have any thoughts?

Any serious responses would be appreciated, thank you
edit on 25-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Perhaps they aren't the same thing?
Whoah, and i'm not an expert!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hello there AllUrChips, obviously we have upgraded...

Compare a Chevy truck from the 80's to a 2011 model.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yup this.

If Aliens, are real I'm sure they wouldn't stick with old ufo's when the 2012 model just hit the market.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I reckon its just our air forces discovering new technology thats all.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnny000

I like how you used the word discovery over inventing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think this post is on the right track. The classic UFO sightings of the 70's were always reported as objects that would make impossible turns, stop on a dime, and shoot out of site in the blink of an eye. all of today's alleged sightings and video tapes show nothing of the sort. Strange hovering lights that do not make those types of maneuvers do NOT fit in with the classic UFO reports, and as far as I'm concerned are proof of nothing extraterrestrial. It amazes me that whenever somebody sees a strange light in the sky they immediately scream aliens.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Perhaps they aren't the same thing?
Whoah, and i'm not an expert!

uh ya....Im gonna need you to come in on saturday......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Sorry, can't. Got a meeting with the Bobs.

I'm thinking that there have been so many types that have been reported that it may not be possible to tell if the era has anything specific to do with it. Just an impression.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
They changed because just as humans are constantly upgrading technology so are aliens, they aren't super intelligent life forms that are going to be the same and fly the same aircrafts all the time, look at humans aircrafts.... the first plane looks nothing like a boeing 747 does today, as well the first rocket launched into space looks very different from the ones being launched now, there is no end to advancements in technology therefore they are just advancing the same as us..... is this to hard for you to believe ?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

There is TONS of data about all the different kinds of ships that are out there.

The one I remember the best is in the Billy Meier transcripts. I believe Sanni Ceto also mentions it. There are others.

Hey - we have lots of different ships, planes, cars -- so do they.

BUT that doesn't totally explain the geometric light patterns that have been so plentiful lately. We're not even sure what they are or where they are from. We know much more about the saucers than we do about these things.
The saucers usually moved fast. Things usually move slow. The saucers were relatively small. These seem relatively large. So we are talking about different phenomena. I wish someone who knows the score would step forward.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Sightings of flying triangles date back at least to the 1940s, but they do seem to be more common in the past few decades, especially those involving large, slow-moving triangles. It would be surprising to find out that the U.S. government has flying triangles a mile long, though. That's what witnesses described in the Stephanville, Texas case, which may have been easy to dismiss at first, before the movements of three large objects and F-16s chasing them were confirmed by a radar expert who filed a FOIA request for the radar data covering a 100 .x 100 mile grid to an altitude of over 41,000 feet. But some models may be recent arrivals.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by warehouse7
They changed because just as humans are constantly upgrading technology so are aliens, they aren't super intelligent life forms that are going to be the same and fly the same aircrafts all the time, look at humans aircrafts.... the first plane looks nothing like a boeing 747 does today, as well the first rocket launched into space looks very different from the ones being launched now, there is no end to advancements in technology therefore they are just advancing the same as us..... is this to hard for you to believe ?

They would have to be super intelligent life forms to be able to build a ship that could get here. Is that too hard for you to beleive, because its fact!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

U.F.O.

Unidentified Flying Object and keep this phrase always is check.

First UFO.

en.wikipedia.org...

Second..

en.wikipedia.org...

Third…

en.wikipedia.org...

And so on…. Their inventions to the PUBLIC eyes at their time was and still is a UFO. Now what is UFO in OUR time would be..?? Someone said that the military projects and technologies are 50-60 years ahead of public understandings.

Personally I wonder what would be the shape of UFO 60 years later from NOW….!

Keep the sanity and common sense in check.. all the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

im sure that different type aliens will have
different type craft simple

and maybe some are probes
well we have them
edit on 25-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by personal stalker

maybe now they know we are no threat to them
and they can come and go as they please

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

And not of you has considered that these craft are all different races, very disappointing. We could've been visited by one race decades ago, they got bored or had a fight with another and got wiped out, more races follow in exploration and the cycle repeats (for all we know).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I have a question about ufos. How did the shapes of these ufos change so much over the years? (no ]

This is a great question, why have the shapes of UFO'S witnessed by many changed over the years?

in my opinion, I believe that it is not as simple as saying that the occupants of the said craft(s) just upgraded their designs, far from it. I believe we have to expand our way of thinking and incorporate not just the 'grays' that everyone talks about but a whole variety of different races. Also we have to take in to consideration that allegedly many government groups around the world have been involved in reverse engineering and bolt on projects which would change the designs and shapes of said UFO's. from a hu-man perspective.

From what I understand there have been many races involved with this planet before us and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that we are not alone here on earth right now and right under our noses since day 1 other races have been coming and going as they please for whichever reason (I don't know).

It makes me laugh really because people bicker and argue about the existence of said UFO's / alien races, and for all we know there could be an intergalactic war taking place right over our heads without us even knowing.

Maybe this is what the butterfly is for?
edit on 25-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: Glitch in the matrix

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
could be different makes and models of craft, could be different aliens from different planets, or maybe we just didnt notice these others shapes till recently

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
No such thing as a ”UFO expert”.
How can anyone be an expert in a field comprised of conjecture, assumption and un-verifiable experiences?

Far as your question goes, I'd imagine for the same reason an auto manufacturer makes so many varying models each year. Could be that or just as likely that there are a many different species possibly ”visiting” here as there are different types of UFOs.

You still get sightings of physical craft these days from saucers to triangles, just not as frequently anymore as these innocuous orange balls of light that seen to be seen worldwide daily now. Not that these balls of light are a recent phenomenon either. These have been reported for as long as the physical craft have as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join