It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK....is this idiotic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Is it me or is it idiotic to believe one politician over another. Obama haters have their panties in a bunch because they say he has not fulfilled some of his promises, like he could do everything he wanted. So if he does everything he wanted to without the support of the other parties(if I'm not mistaken you need in order to get something passed) then they would start crying about how he is being a dictator.

He made promises that would only happen if they were passed by senate and other such crap. Ron Paul is making promises and you all fall for it hook, line and sinker. You actually think if he was elected(which is highly doubtful) all his promises would be fulfilled....

Anyone who votes for a politician who makes promises and expects them to actually fulfill every single promise...is living in a dream world. They can only fulfill the ones they are allowed to. Anything that involves the government losing money, will not be passed. Healthcare passed because now the government get their greedy little mitts in your pockets, instead of making doctors richer. Obama may have done it for the right reasons...but the other politicians most likely did not.

So stop believing BS, they only say what you want to hear...anyone who believes otherwise, well let's just say are not the brightest of the bunch.

The reason Ron Paul won"t get invited...he has the support of minority of the people of the US...and will only take votes away from republican candidates...therefore leading to Obama's re-election..

The people on ATS do not represent the entire population of the US of A...just the few hundred thousand.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
One of the more subtle anti Ron Paul threads I've seen.

You hear that folks? Don't vote for Ron Paul because your vote will be wasted and actually get Obama re-elected.
Seems legit.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Im no American but followed OB's promises running up to the election. I have to say this:

Seems people like you fell for it hook line and sinker. Troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq?
Close Guantanimo?
Better transparency in goverment?
Scaling down of government and agencys?
Safer America?

Should i go on?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
They are all puppets....here in the UK we have a Prime Minister...same thing as President, but he...or should i say they in our case lol, take their orders from Whitehall.

You vote in a face, it doesnt change policy.

We are always told " vote for me il stop the financial problems, bring home troops, invest in the people" blah blah blah....as soon as they get to office they back peddle.

EDIT: ATS is not only made up of Americans
Im English, so you would probably be closer if you said 30,000

edit on 25-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

its good to see someone else understands this.
i stress this to everyone but they dont care. sheeeeppplleee!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I think you're overgeneralizing. First of all, Ron Paul would have my vote, even though I voted for Obama in 2008 and would vote for him again in 2012 if he hadn't turned out to be such a douchebag. As it is, if Paul isn't an option, I'm staying home.

I think too many people misread the wave of support Obama got. They seem to think Republicans were too discouraged to overcome a sudden wave of intense "Leftist" fervor. In fact that's not the case at all. I voted for Obama because I thought he might actually be an outsider. Granted that was my mistake, having got caught up in the movement and not actually doing my homework. But my point is that the wave of support that swept Obama to power was not rooted in Progressivism but in a burning desire for meaningful change in this country.

Obama has turned out to basically continue Bush's foreign policy and pay lip service to a more "Liberal" domestic policy while in fact accomplishing absolutely nothing at all (except a DOA health care law that forces me to buy insurance from a corrupt industry).

At this point I think many people are so willing to break down and do away with the crap in DC that they would vote for Paul, even though he is very conservative. It isn't his views on government that appeal to me, it is his long track record of trying to stand in the way of government getting stupider and stupider with each passing Congressional session.

As for whether he can fulfill his promises, I wouldn't expect him to walk into office and change anything overnight. But I'd expect more vetoes out of him than the past 35 presidents combined, and that alone might be enough to shift some of the momentum.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigsizzle

Yup...many people are either blind to it or dont care.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsizzle
. sheeeeppplleee!!!

Haven"t read that in awhile....the cry of the ill informed...SHEEEEPPPPLLLLLE.

If you get your news from other informed people and believe it as fact...then I say back to you sheeeple.

To another poster,,,I do not vote...politicians lie...anyone who believes otherwise in a tool.
edit on 25-8-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Doesnt matter who is voted in, the agenda stays the same

Ron Paul will be NO different i can guarantee it

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by vexati0n

Doesnt matter who is voted in, the agenda stays the same

Ron Paul will be NO different i can guarantee it

Well a vote for Ron Paul, at this point, is about six inches away from endorsing revolution. So maybe we should vote him in and see what happens when he fails to make a difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It's not even about fulfilling every campaign promise. The American public aren't stupid. We know how the system works, and what powers the president has and doesn't.

It's about integrity. It's about sticking to what you say you believe and working towards your stated goals. It's about how you respond in a crisis and the decisions you CAN make as a president. It's about how you choose to speak to the American public - are you being honest; are you "shooting straight", or is your language filled with political doublespeak?

It's about setting a tone for a nation. That's the power the president has.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACitizen
It's not even about fulfilling every campaign promise. The American public aren't stupid. We know how the system works, and what powers the president has and doesn't.

It's about integrity. It's about sticking to what you say you believe and working towards your stated goals. It's about how you respond in a crisis and the decisions you CAN make as a president. It's about how you choose to speak to the American public - are you being honest; are you "shooting straight", or is your language filled with political doublespeak?

Exactly.

And the only tone Obama has been able to set for us is a dial tone and a little note that tells us to call Tech Support. Seriously, the guy couldn't lead a platoon of paratroopers to the ground.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

i concur. The Who sang it long ago: "..meet the new boss, same as the old boss.."

people spend so much time flapping jaw and pounding typewriter, all for naught. the citizens vote for president in america is lip service. as long as we have R & D in the white house kicking & screaming like children in a sand box we are bound for more of the same old, same old.

a favorite quote recently seen on ATS:

"In summary Ron Paul sucks. Just like Obama. Just like Bush. Get over it. No matter who you 'vote' for we all lose". davewr25

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Bingo! Exactly why for years I've repeated:
"As long as a politicians lips are moving and they are breathing, they are most probably lying"

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ACitizen

lol,

The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons. As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.

His job is to fleece, you, the people as much as he can

He creates laws, to enslave you, he sends young men to their deaths to benefit his elite pals....but once again he is only the public face, hes not top dog despite what the job description says

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

It doesn't have to be that way.

It's not about voting for someone who can change every facet of Washington instantly upon election - that's not how things work.

But is it too much to ask for a person of integrity? Who speaks plainly and openly and doesn't morph into a doublespeak politician the instant they're elected?

Are we as a nation (because ultimately it falls on our shoulders to do so) capable of producing and electing someone like this?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Im no American but followed OB's promises running up to the election. I have to say this:

Seems people like you fell for it hook line and sinker. Troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq?
Close Guantanimo?
Better transparency in goverment?
Scaling down of government and agencys?
Safer America?

Should i go on?

in all fairness, folks aren't given much choice. a few faces that don't have huge back support $$$ may run but it comes down to two sets of clowns, one worse then the other, both simply miserable.

i'm sorry to say the writers of the cartoon South Park nailed it dead-on in one or two episode about voting. in their example the school children were forced to elect a new school mascot. they had to choose between a Doosh Nozzle or a Shiat Sandwich.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What we need is more statesmen and fewer politicians. What we need is to design a mostly democratic system. "We have the technology, we can rebuild it."

Let's get rid of the Electoral College and break the back of the special interest groups. Here's how we could do it:
Step one: Design a real-time, secure voting system.
Step two: Require all of our politician's to maintain a website dedicated solely to poling their constituents. It needs to be understood that they are required to do what we tell them to or they are not eligible for re-election.
Step three: The citizen's must tell our representatives what to do and how to vote.
Step four: This one is just my opinion but I think if you don't vote you should lose your citizen's access to the gov-net. You still get to be free and drive on our roads and pay taxes but you must re-apply for the privilege of voting if an-arbitrary-amount-of-time goes by without you telling your government what to do.

We have the technology available in the internet and home computers to allow every citizen access to their representatives. I'm sure there are some details to work out, like requiring accurate summations of the issues that are being voted on etc..., but don't let that stop us. If we are telling our representatives how to vote and behave than it doesn't matter what their personal political stance is anymore because they will have to enact the will of the people or take-a-hike.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by LargeFries

It doesn't have to be that way.

It's not about voting for someone who can change every facet of Washington instantly upon election - that's not how things work.

But is it too much to ask for a person of integrity? Who speaks plainly and openly and doesn't morph into a doublespeak politician the instant they're elected?

Are we as a nation (because ultimately it falls on our shoulders to do so) capable of producing and electing someone like this?

You are correct, no one can change everything at once. I know no one who has such incredible expectations.

No, it is not too much to ask for a person of integrity. But using 'politician' and 'integrity' in the same sentence is an oxymoron. We have had so many crooked, lying politicians across and leading this country for so long it has become pretty well accepted, and that is sad. This took hold well before my time.

People read of what takes place in Washington DC every day and just shake their heads in disgust. ATS is loaded with OP's daily with links to news reports of non-stop shenanigans. Incredibly, our leaders 'top' themselves almost daily. We can ask for integrity, honesty, virtue, morals. We may as well ask for unicorns and magic dust because we get neither.

No, as a nation we are not capable of producing a politician with integrity. We are not allowed such a wonderful luxury. Such people get chewed up and spat out very early on in their careers. Those that get to play in the big arena are truly horrible people. We've all heard the saying about going to bed with the dog and waking up with fleas.

For example, look at the mean-spirited, back-stabbing game playing that goes on in the workplace. That is a teeny-tiny example of the lowest level of political involvement. Right from Township level the players are tied to and involved in business and money. Greed and power. Simply put: those that seek office are the last who should be allowed to occupy it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Please give us a list of "literal promises" that Ron Paul has made that you think he won't be able to keep? With quotes and links please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join