It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House just shook in VA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hi All

Im in VA and just felt a tremor. Not as strong as the last one but definitely a tremor. Nothing on USGS yet. Anyone else feel that?

Edit to add that it was a 4.5 now listed on USGS. USGS
edit on 8/25/2011 by sylvrshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
HAARP!!!
DOOMSDAY!!
DOOMY PASSAGE FROM THE BIBLE!!
SEVENTH SEAL!!!

there, beat everyone to the punch, now that thats out of the way....
thank you for posting. i wouldnt be surprised if you had another in the next two days
heads up

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvrshadow

Richmond, VA here (epicenter area). My house shook again but definitely not as bad a last time. Just an aftershock but still creeps me out a little bit. These buildings aren't meant to withstand quakes, let alone big shallow ones (this aftershock was only 5-6km deep)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
trying to take out the nuke sitess

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
trying to take out the nuke sitess

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yea, I was expecting aftershock, but not ones I could feel. I do admit though that this being my first ever earthquake experience, I really dont know what to expect.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by avwood

You felt that in richmond?! Wow, I wasnt expecting that either! You are about an hour from Mineral VA, but I guess thats because of how shallow the quake was.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Yup definitely felt that one haha. I contacted my friend in Virginia Beach and he said he didn't feel anything at all. What the heck is going on in central VA!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
gosh and i thought regular seismic activity happens along the Ring of Fire, mostly!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by avwood

From what I understand, we will get a few more aftershocks but of course I dont know how strong they will be. I am hoping that we dont get one stronger than yesterday. I dont think the folks around here would take that well at all!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Here in Alaska we have been getting alot of shakers nothing to big but more frequent.The best way to deal with a earthquake is to stay calm...i know CALM in the frickin moment it's hard to have a level head my honey is from the east coast and not used to quakes..the first one here in the AK for him he wanted to run outside..What an experiance that was...

theres alot of activity going on in the United States that is telling a tale that its going to get better with all these Solor winds coming are way along with CMES...theres a pattern. Aftershocks are a %**&@ and are going to be unstable for awhile...scary place called earth

top topics

join