It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland, England, Wales - Buried treasue/knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well....Here's what i have been thinking,

My Family (mothers side) are of the johnstone clan, i can trace back my heritage quite far from them and my fathers side are irish (can also be traced back pretty far)

Anyway the johnstone castle in dumfries is now a fenced off building as its pretty old, me and my cousin have been down there a few times because well its not that far and i used to have a customer quite close (any excuse)

Anyway history of them goes.. they were essentially catle rustlers (sheep mopre accuratly) they kept the animals they stole from the english and even more southern clans (remebering the borders of sctoland at the time was a little further down than it is current) they kept the animlas in the devils beethtub like a large basin in the earth with one entrance, my cousin was taken there once by my grampa, i couldnt even tell you where it was other than close to the catle.. i had a dream about it once but thats a diffrent story.

Anyway, the johnstones had some beef with the maxwells (just as side info, when we first went looking for the castle i asked someone in the tourist shop in moffat the best road to take, they asked me quiet seriously if i was a johnstone or a maxwell, when i said johnstone they then told me.. was wierd)

anyway eventually the catle was burned down, any treasure and documents the family had were lost in the blaze.
now years later a (relativley rich) member of the maxwell family bought the castle and grounds and done some geological type studies of the area (never been really explained why though).. i have always felt there is somthing there (or at the beethtub) but never been able to get together people who could help me/ have interest in this.

Anyway, does anyone else know of stories similar, or anyone interested in giving me a hand to hunt for some treasure one day

Just wanted to share an interesting family story

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sounds cool but maybe there just doing the studies out of curiosity. I think i have also got Johnstone blood in me but never taken too much interest if anything comes up il be happy to help.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnny000

Nice once im not at work and i can put more time into this i will provide links and evidence to my thoughts!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Bit far north for me lol,

And also treasure trove government/land owner would take 50% anyhow.

Maybe get yourself a Pendulum enquire about dowsing, use some maps.

You may find yourself surprised with the results once you get the hang of it.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

join