It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky truck driver had his Penis Amputated, WITHOUT Consent.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

"He's angry because Dr Patterson took off his penis without asking; without giving him a choice; without giving him the opportunity to check around and talk to other people," Mr George was quoted by Associated Press news agency as telling the court. He showed jurors four photographs of Mr Seaton's crotch, saying: "You can see there's nothing there."

So the guy went in for circumcision, and the doctor removed his penis when he found life-threatening cancer. I would have preferred to have been asked. Cancer or not, don't chop off a guys penis without notifying him beforehand. This doctor made quite an assumption.
edit on 25-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
That's gotta be a bad day..
"Oh by the way, sir, I found a tumor on your manhood and had to lop it off to save your life.."

Was it so immediately life-threatening that he didn't have the time to wake him up and tell him? Or did the doc assume pride would prevent him from electing for surgery, thus saving his life?

Still, this doctor will probably lose his license.

Surely there is some form of reconstructive surgery? Something strange beats nothing at all lol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
www.bbc.co.uk...

"He's angry because Dr Patterson took off his penis without asking; without giving him a choice; without giving him the opportunity to check around and talk to other people," Mr George was quoted by Associated Press news agency as telling the court. He showed jurors four photographs of Mr Seaton's crotch, saying: "You can see there's nothing there."

So the guy went in for circumcision, and the doctor removed his penis when he found life-threatening cancer. I would have preferred to have been asked. Cancer or not, don't chop off a guys penis without notifying him beforehand. This doctor made quite an assumption.
edit on 25-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

I hate to bring this kind of update, but...The Jury found in favor of the doctor on this case.

Jury favors Doctor

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Ok, that is just rude!
Never, and I mean NEVER cut off another mans penis without his permission.
I thought that was in the "Guy Code" handbook.
didn't he get the memo?

And another thing, don't just assume that a guy would rather have his penis cut off rather than die of cancer.
Let's say he would have had 6 months to live if he refused to have it cut off.
A guy can get alot of [snip] done in 6 months.
edit on 26-8-2011 by elevatedone because: removed profanity

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that poor, poor man.
Why did i read this story?

I just knew this story would make me cringe. ( i just reasurred my little "Thingy" that this will never ever happen to him
)
I agree that this man should have been asked before his "Thingy" was chopped off.
I couldn't even begin to imagine what he must have gone through his mind upon waking

I feel sorry for this man and his wife.
But No matter how much money he receives , it will never bring back his little man.

RIP little "Thingy"

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
the fact that this occured is just...I don't know, whats the word im looking for? insane? upside down?

each day something even weirder happens and its starting to not be funny.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

What kind of a doctor would do something so sick and twisted? Imagine being that guy, you wake up and say "Doc, hows my dong look?", "See for yourself: *Holds up his chopped off penis*"

This doctor reminds me of that really sketchy doctor from the Simpsons, the one who is always doing shady stuff like digging up corpses or things like that. Not the black doctor with the chill laugh, the foreign guy. It's been a while since I've watched that show...

How does that dude piss now? Is there just a hole there where pee squirts out of? Does he still have his testicles? I hope I'm not violating any T & C's, but I'm strangely intrigued

I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Seaton

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is just disturbing..That Dr should never have removed that mans penis without his permission then the jury agrees with the Dr..There is something wrong with this picture on so many levels ..Phillip Seaton didn't give his consent for this to be done and it does open the door for doctors to perform all sorts of procedures that were not requested ...Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OHHHH THAST GOTTA SUCK!
I would be angry too if someone cut my junk off without my consent and even more pissed for the courts to let them get away with it. poor guy man.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Im going to be naughty and assume most of the replies on this thread are from men, so i was just wondering:

Is it your penis that makes you a man?
If you had your's cut off tomorrow, would you have identity issues?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Did he get it done in NJ?

Sounds like DR House's work....

//end sarcasm

in the end, this is messed up. The doctor should of walked him through with what he was doing before he began the surgery.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There's prolly the foundation for some excellent prosthetic designs... not to mention a TV series...

Sunday 9:00 PM ET (Fox) The Bionic Schlong

Bionic penis recipient receives mysterious package in mail containing firmware update from unknown sender. (60 min) CC

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

the patient DID give consent - read the dammed artiles - his consent was open ended

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

No he gave consent to have a circumcision. Not to cut off his penis. The man should have had a choice. How is this any different than say, you come to me to have me fix your fingernail. When you wake up, I tell you that you dont need to worry about your fingernail anymore, cause I chopped off you whole finger. There was no immediate danger. The guy was not going to drop dead in the next day or two. He could have been woken up, informed of the cancer discovery, and allowed to make a decision.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Ok, that is just rude!
didn't he get the memo?

And another thing, don't just assume that a guy would rather have his penis cut off rather than die of cancer.
Let's say he would have had 6 months to live if he refused to have it cut off.
A guy can get alot of #ing done in 6 months.

Im sorry, its a serious issue but that response was funny

you made it into the ATS funny posts hall of fame

edit on 25/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Mr Seaton had signed a document authorising necessary treatment in unforseen circumstances

that is clear consent to preform additional procedures as required

you and others can pretent different

PS - general anestesia is in itself not without risk - so surgical teams always prefer to respond to any additional findings during the one operation - thats why they request open ended consents

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I love my, MiniMe to death. Or err... Strike the "to death" part. If I found out MiniMe was going to kill me and the doctors did what they thought best, saving my life, I'd be grateful. I realize that losing your manhood may be difficult, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would choose to die from cancer and having their manhood still attached, then having it taken and living a long life.

But that's my view and we all have one.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am female

As far as I am concerned the Doctor should have been found GUILTY.

It is a question of WHO owns your body YOU or the "State" ???

We are coming up to that very critical question and it seems that more and more the answer is YOU do not OWN your body the STATE does and that makes you a SLAVE!

...Here are some of FDA's views expressed in its response on 'freedom of food choice' in general and on the right to obtain and consume raw milk in particular...

* "There is no absolute right to consume or feed children any particular food." [p. 25]

* "There is no 'deeply rooted' historical tradition of unfettered access to foods of all kinds." [p. 26]

* "Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish." [p. 26]

* "There is no fundamental right to freedom of contract." [p. 27]

www.ftcldf.org...

...In July 2000, USDA officials claimed in our court hearing that, “The farmers have no rights. No right to be heard before the court, no right to independent testing, and no right to question the USDA.” -
Linda Faillace: Mad Sheep

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The problem with this entire case is the forms that any one has to sign before seeing a doctor.

Any time you go into a dr's office for either an appointment or to the ER one of the forms you sign is consenting to treatment, and in the fine print, it allows for them to treat also any other condition that they may find in the process of doing the original treatment. If all of the tests were done, and it was proven medically that the plantiff in this case did indeed have penile cancer, then the doctor is in the clear and is protected by the very forms that the patient had to sign.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Ok, that is just rude!
didn't he get the memo?

Yup I just checked.

It's in both the written and the for "Men's eyes only" unwritten sections.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join