It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh’s RT show ‘Adam vs the Man” canceled due to FEC complaint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Apparently, his last show was yesterday. Im not 100% sure why his show was canceled, but it is looking like it was because he voiced support for a Ron Paul money bomb not too long ago. I searched around the internet and found these sites. I guess RT got a violation from the FEC and had to fire Kokesh. (I believe that since RT is funded by the Russian government, their station isnt supposed to voice support for a political position.)

georgedonnelly.com...

deadlinelive.info...

For those who dont know who Adam Kokesh is, here's one of the most noteable things he did recently. I've always liked his show, one of the only TV shows Ive actually watched recently.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

(Not sure what forum this is best in, so I decided to post it in general)
edit on 24-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Funny how we posted this at nearly the exact same time...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, I beat you by 3 minutes...
edit on 8/24/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I was so close.

Well, it's nice to know there are other people on here that watch Adam VS the Man. Hopefully another station picks him up soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Very doubtful since he would be considered a liablilty now. Breaking Federal Communication Laws on air pretty much ensures that you will never work in broadcast again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Show me the law he broke. Please. Because I just looked at the law and there is nothing there but an idle threat by some person hiding behind a corporate entity filing a FEC complaint.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Go read the link of the lawsuit where's it explained. I'm not here to do your homework for you.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Very doubtful since he would be considered a liablilty now. Breaking Federal Communication Laws on air pretty much ensures that you will never work in broadcast again.

Unless your name is Howard Stern

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

In other words: Unless the revenue you bring in far outweighs any fines incurred.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Go read the link of the lawsuit where's it explained. I'm not here to do your homework for you.

Peace

Apparently I am here to do your homework, since you apparently just digest any information you hear as the truth. Please read my comments on the other thread on this topic. And now we have a direct statement from Adam that the FEC complaint had no legal basis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sorry, a bit slow on the draw here, but let's please continue in this thread.

Thanks.

join