It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JWH-018, Spice, and Synthetic Marijuana Research Chemicals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
DEA Announces Emergency Spice Ban Effective Immediately

Mar. 1 2011

Today, the United States Drug Enforcement Administration published a final notice on the federal register regarding the emergency ban of five chemicals commonly used in products known as "spice," "herbal incense," and "synthetic marijuana."

The emergency ban, which was announced last November, takes effect today. Five chemical compounds -- JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47, 497, and cannabicylohexanol -- are now illegal to possess or sell without a special DEA license.

In the press release issued by the DEA, they state "This emergency action was necessary to prevent an imminent threat to public safety."

But that didn't change a thing. Go to the local convenience store:

Spice is still for sale!

Truth about Synthetic Marijuana

In layman’s terms, it’s a plant material coated with chemicals that mimic THC, the active ingredient in Marijuana. The truth is, even though the labels say “not for human consumption;” it’s sold to smoke, you get high, and many Marijuana smokers love it,

new ingredients have been substituted which now allow manufacturers to deem it legal again and the tobacco and head shops are receiving new and legally updated brands every day.

Synthetic cannabis does not produce positive results in drug tests for marijuana, but it is possible to detect its metabolites in human urine. (3) These herbal incense made with Damiana leaves are not Salvia Divinorum.

Wiki JWH-018

Compared to THC, which is a partial agonist at CB1 receptors, JWH-018 (and many of its analogues) are full agonists. This means that users may experience far more intense effects compared to smoking cannabis.

Wiki: Synthetic Cannabis

the lack of an antipsychotic chemical, similar to cannabidiol found in natural cannabis, may make synthetic cannabis more likely to induce psychosis than natural cannabis
[...]
The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) considers it to be a "drug of concern",[68] citing "...a surge in emergency-room visits and calls to poison-control centers. Adverse health effects associated with its use include seizures, hallucinations, paranoid behavior, agitation, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, racing heartbeat and elevated blood pressure.

So basically its a cat and mouse game. The grey market chemists are producing novel THC analogs as fast as the feds can produce statutes to outlaw them.

Incense reviews

Wicked X Medusa is a new killer JWH free blend that promises to “turn you to stone”!

Your thoughts?

Sri Oracle

keywords:K2, Red Spice, Red Magic, Wicked X, Triple XXX., Spice Gold, Spice Yucatan Fire, Bliss, Black Mabia, Bombay Blue, Fake Weed, Genie, Shakubuku, Blindman, Bahama Mama, Blaze, Dawn, Red X

-----------------------------------------------

well... my thread has been

"closed pending staff discussion"

This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

If I have not posted about my personal experiences (not that I have had any) or advocated legalization, then why should my otherwise "proper within T&C" thread be closed because of the misspoken words of other members?

I stuck to the facts and posted NEWS. Conspiratorial NEWS with links, external content, and a personal take.

at least I can still edit...

Sri Oracle
edit on 24-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Even if those where effectively banned, there's other chemicals they've missed. These substances aren't easily contained.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
removed as this seems to be a forbidden topic.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Gutsy post here with so much being related to marijuana. These synthetics are fairly dangerous though, I have read many negative reports regarding their use. Also, they have just been produced, no way to know the long term effects they may have, especially being full-agonist chemicals. Basically it takes far less to get the same effects, and people end up ingesting too much and become violently intoxicated, leading to freak outs, ER visits, etc...

I can understand the draw to these synthetics, being untestable in conventional 'piss-tests', but I still believe the 'original gangsta' is the smartest option for intoxication in the long run.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

SWIM says I have smoked weed in my younger days and I have some of the fake stuff my cousin picked up at a store. Not the same at all, not even close.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Great post. S/F because people need to be aware of this relating to their kids. I've listened to our local Emergency room docs and nurses talking about what THEY see of these synthetic things and it's real ugly. Doing a copy of something one probably should not be doing in the first place without medical recommendations is insane and just asking for Mr Murphy to step in and do what he does best.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

SWIM says I have smoked weed in my younger days and I have some of the fake stuff my cousin picked up at a store. Not the same at all, not even close.

You blew that one.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Not that I have tried any of them. but I would say legalize the real thing before they stumble on to zombie pot that turns half the population into zombies. I am sure the fakes are a lot more dangerous than the real thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
** Closed **

pending staff discussion.

top topics

join