It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market crash 'could hit within weeks', warn bankers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Market crash 'could hit within weeks', warn bankers

A more severe crash than the one triggered by the collapse of Lehman Brothers could be on the way, according to alarm signals in the credit markets.

Insurance on the debt of several major European banks has now hit historic levels, higher even than those recorded during financial crisis caused by the US financial group's implosion nearly three years ago.

Credit default swaps on the bonds of Royal Bank of Scotland, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank and Intesa Sanpaolo, among others, flashed warning signals on Wednesday. Credit default swaps (CDS) on RBS were trading at 343.54 basis points, meaning the annual cost to insure £10m of the state-backed lender's bonds against default is now £343,540.

The cost of insuring RBS bonds is now higher than before the taxpayer was forced to step in and rescue the bank in October 2008, and shows the recent dramatic downturn in sentiment among credit investors towards banks.

"The problem is a shortage of liquidity – that is what is causing the problems with the banks. It feels exactly as it felt in 2008," said one senior London-based bank executive.

"I think we are heading for a market shock in September or October that will match anything we have ever seen before," said a senior credit banker at a major European bank.

Really? Would be interesting to see what happens, if anything. Seems we're often on the brink and then nothing, things just continue, the rich continue to profit and everyone else bends over and takes it. Just how dire and dangerous is this "shortage of liquidity", does anyone know? Just so dire enough to get some help from the Fed and continue with the bonus parties and employee layoffs?

The rest of the article goes on to say how despite these problems with the banks, bank shares have gone up.

So a possible market shock in September? This comes at a time when The Palestinians are seeking statehood through the UN, so could prove to be an interesting month. But have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Gold dropped over $100 today.....somethings going on and it wont be pretty

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
there is also the september 17th day of rage/stock market protest in which the organizers plan to shut down the stock markets in all major cities.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

sigh...this "market crash" is turning more and more into "disclosure"...

still waiting...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well it's good that it went down. But we are still not out of the doghouse yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rreeves5

Nooooo thats not good to all the people that have been buying it in the last couple of weeks. Watch it plummet, and watch these investors lose millions.

Something has triggered it.....Libya is my bet.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Really? Would be interesting to see what happens, if anything. Seems we're often on the brink and then nothing, things just continue, the rich continue to profit and everyone else bends over and takes it. Just how dire and dangerous is this "shortage of liquidity", does anyone know? Just so dire enough to get some help from the Fed and continue with the bonus parties and employee layoffs?

It does seem like we've been on the brink for a few years now. Sometimes I want to think that they could have let everything collapse awhile ago, but are letting it slowly play out since doing it outright would be too much of a shock to everybody. Maybe they learned from other crashes.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Gold going down is a GOOD thing, unless you own gold. It means more confidence. The market crashing? If you own stock, not a good thing. But.... people tie the stock market way too strongly with the economy. I start a company. I raise money by selling stock, keeping enough to stay in control. With the money I raised, I buy equipment, capitalize the business, then sell something for a profit. Does the rise and fall of the stock matter at all to me? Only if I want to sell more stock to raise more money. If I am successful in selling items for a profit, I might just not give a crap about the value of the stock EVER AGAIN! It's like the bubble gum card companies. They make money selling GUM. What you do with the cards afterwards is up to you. Or Pokemon cards. Or anything else like it. The company may not have any direct connection with the stock prices at all other than influencing the opinions of stock holders that trade among themselves. Hype, rumors, media, propaganda, gossip.... they can all influence stock prices without relevance to the good operations of the company. So don't let a stock market crash make you think the end is near. If your pension is based on stocks, uh oh. But really, its the biggest bubble there is. A created fake economy based on apparent value determined by many factors other than being a well run company.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dow $5k in 2012-2013 ... but we'll see Dow $15k or close to it before that happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The day to watch is the ist day of the last week of Oct. Which coincidentally (or not) is Jewnited Nations day.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
RBS is big in Gibralter, does the UK government own any part of RBS? Usually the government would buy out failing banks,. they have done before.

The UK government will not default.

Same for government "junk" bonds in Ireland, ireland will not default, it would have done so by now.

Prize bonds / premium bonds are at an all time high on investments. They are government bonds with tax free prizes as pay outs instead of interest.

Most countries have prize bonds as well as interest bond offerings. People are panicing on the streets I see, tehy are yelling if you own shares your gone, well, sure thats the ignorant view.

People on the street are panic sellign and running, that is stupid, now is the time to buy cheap shares or short sell

This is what the money men are banking on, ignorance of the market, mass selling on the street so they can buy up cheap companies, land, houses etc.

That is how they done it in the past recessions, and they are doing it again.

edit on 25-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
hmm so lets see.

Libya falls, Puppet rulers in place funded by CIA drug money, American corporations and British oil corporations move in and rape that country too. and all of a sudden the US market is improving?????

Wow they're not even trying anymore

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Royal Bank of Scotland, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank and Intesa Sanpaolo, among others, flashed warning signals on Wednesday. Credit default swaps (CDS) on RBS were trading at 343.54 basis points, meaning the annual cost to insure £10m of the state-backed lender's bonds against default is now £343,540.

this is about European banks...many posters think this is about the USA DOW-Jones

as far a Liquidity for these banks, i bet you the USA Federal Reserve will secretly funnel 10s of Billions to the banks in London and Europe to keep them afloat for another crisis period.

i say very secretly because if it is proved that the FED Reserve is funding the European banks with digital money from thin air... the USA will get downgraded further than the present AA+...
as the Feds (real & actual) balance sheet will then surpass the $14Trillion budget deficit of the US Treasury

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I recommend you only keep the maximum insurance amount in bank accounts for each bank and make sure they are in government % owned banks and make sure each account is in a seperate bank (by name and not a subsidary, subsidary banks are all covered in the same insurance amount, people usually fall on this one).

I also recommend prize bonds, and islamic banks, yes islamic banks work differently and also are out performing regular banks.

Ireland and the UK will not default and safest is the government owned savings accounts.

MSFT is probably a chicken stock, always has been always will be, same for IBM, ORCL is undervalued, HPQ is cheaper now, ORCL may purchase dell or HPQ's hardware side.

Basic materails (not gold or silver companies) are also needed for infrastructure, MOLY companies are a big investment for construction (steeel making and china is the king here), AMEX:GMO is a hidden gem.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

British banking and insurance holding company in which the UK Government (HM Treasury) holds an 84% controlling share

There found the ownership.

The government bought ownership of other scotish banks recently, they are now performing much better and out performing other banks, I have not looked much at RBS.

Other countries governments also done the same thing.

I still belive Ireland and the UK will NOT default. They would have done so by now. Long ago.

Infact I am looking to Ireland for cheap government owned investments currently.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Tuesday August 30, 2011 is the day to watch out for. Be sold stocks and long gold by the end of business Monday.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theosophical
Tuesday August 30, 2011 is the day to watch out for. Be sold stocks and long gold by the end of business Monday.

Well, frankly only a moron follows the stampeed herd and bought gold lol

Usually morons such as those thinking theyre gona be running for the hills when the SHTF with gold jingling in their pockets lol

I see cheap stocks, Im buying as they fall
But only the one's i have done my research on, solid companies, not huff puff airy fairy tech companies with made up products lol

Cheap stocks, cheap bonds...

Go research the previous recessions, J P morgan et all went on a buying spree.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The only question you people need to ask is a very simple one..
If you get the honest answer you will not need any more Disclosure than that..
the question you need to ask is very simple..
Have the USA signed up to NESARA LAW under the terms laid down by the
Galactic Council..
If its a yes thats it baby..
Regards
Plazmuh

edit on 25-8-2011 by mfc1PLAZMUH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

They did not default because they were rescued. If not they would have. They'll keep bailing Euro countries out until the currency becomes as much as toilet paper.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theosophical

Aug. 29
Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 11539.25 Up 254.71
Nasdaq Stock Market Close - 2562.11 Up 82.26
S&P 500 Close -1210.08 Up 33.28

Aug. 30
Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 11559.95 Up 20.70
Nasdaq Stock Market Close - 2576.11 Up 14.00
S&P 500 Close -1212.92 Up 2.84

Markets were flat. So you're wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>