It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origin of The Trinity... an alternative tale.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I like Phillip K. Dick's "fictionalizing philosopher" concept in regards to the way I enjoy expressing the images, feelings, and ideas that swim through my mind. With that in mind, I thought others might enjoy this anthropomorphizing of the "logos" behind the initial steps that could have created the concept of "The Trinity".

Tongue firmly planted in cheek... but with a wink.

-------------

So imagine the point of infinite one-aware-ness.

"Gosh... I sure do enjoy giving myself pleasure... but you know what sounds interesting? Someone else different from me to give pleasure to, and give me pleasure!"

*poof* Other Self!

"Oh... you are MYSTERIOUS!... You are like everything I'm not... let's hump!"

Time passes.

"I sure do love the new ways we can give each other pleasure, but since I know you are the perfect opposite of me... I also view this the same as giving myself pleasure because I can predict what will happen next."

"You know what sounds interesting? Let's secretly pick a tiny random part of ourselves to remove (and forget about) so we aren't *exactly* perfectly matched and thus can't perfectly predict every moment of our experience."

*poof* Baby Self!

*near infinite cry out for help due to the pain of being so insignificant*

"Oh... crap... what do we do?"

And thus The Trinity creating life as we know it as the new parents were suddenly faced with something that they couldn't understand... but also couldn't communicate with or predict. They were unexpectedly caught up in being "forced" to work together to figure out what is missing from both of them to understand the new little thing they created. Unfortunately they still haven't figured it out yet even after creating almost 7 billion of us... on Earth alone... as Humans... existing just "Today". But we do owe our existence and life to this "Tao" that had the original thought.

An alternative ending is one where they split into perfect thirds... and are suddenly faced for the first time with the concept of "Choice". Once they choose who to hump (they had never experienced the choice of "two" at a time before)... one of them is inevitably left out of the pleasure thus creating the first pain of separation. Thus the inevitable evolution to stabilize this first shafting/confusion... by learning to love equally while also respecting different choices in each moment. The first three didn't resolve it before it EXPLODED into a massive DRAMA we call the Universe where all of us are helping them figure it out.

And thus why we have Soap Operas as the longest running stories in human history.

Namaste!
edit on 24-8-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Absolutely loved it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So, are you saying, God was masterbating and got bored so he made another god to hump on. They got bored humping eachother so they made another one. The resulting drama of a 3 way blew up and made the universe.

You know, it is just as good of a theory as any religion, I LIKE IT!

I can surmise from my new beliefs that threesomes will bring me closer to God......I will start worshiping immediatly.
Halleluya!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It seemed to pertain more to real life than anything metaphysical. A good illustration about how clingy, emotionally needy people become jealous of everything that makes their personal world more complete. The husband and wife lose attention over eachother because of the baby (which they might have had in order to "save" their relationship in the first place), then they lose attention over other husbands and wives, all because they weren't charming in the first place. But neither are the other husbands and wives. Nobody is charming, only different, and the only reason this is a problem is because we all suck and have little love in our hearts. Of course the fact that a majority of us are becoming morbidly obese isn't helping. Talk about Karma, do we really want to have to deal with THAT?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
lol Hump

All joking aside, that was a great read and a wonderful perspective on esoteric cosmology. S+F

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Ha! I'm not so sure the OP was suggesting a divine threesome! Can you imagine that breakup? Talk about a theomachy. So maybe 'God' and 'The Devil' were the first two.. WE are the third... and the 'baby' caused a break up. God got the kids, The Devil pays child support.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

get him off the stage!

we need a "wtf was i thinking section"

how dare this be in the philosophy section!

how do you sleep at night?

new topics

top topics

join