It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very 'Interesting" Storm cell...Right Over My House!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Yeah, I use my Fb to keep up with fam and friends! I like it fine, just when you mention it on ATS, people feel like they have to razz you for it! Just my 'pre-emptive' strike!

We do not have any chance of rain for the next 10 days, supposedly. But we have pop-up showers often, so I will keep my eye on the radar! I check the radar several times a day and hopefully will catch any other anomaly!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

...maybe it was a down-draft or straight line wind... i know some folks up in the east texas piney woods who had about 80 huge pine trees on their place... straight line wind came and, in one big blast, all their trees snapped... looked like they'd been bombed... no one was hurt except for messin up their drawers... btw, thats a really good lookin dog in that last pic...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I thought about straight line winds, but the swirling whirling dervishes of leaves and debris out my door made my adrenal gland scream "TORNADO"!!! My drawers came thru fine, but my right big toe looks like a concord grape! I kicked the couch as I ran by it to get in the hallway......

And that is Ms. Tiger Lily! She was all excited by the storm and the clean up. The chainsaw really got her going! She was running around snatching up trash and debris that had scattered during the storm and bringing it to me!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

I am glad you all are okay. I believe I may know what you mean about these sudden without much warning
outbursts of weather phenomena. I think we all should take note and not take a dark looking patch of sky
for granted. Outside today I heard the crack of lightning then the boom..it was soon over as the "real"
weather was way north of us but few days ago we lost power for a few hours when lightning struck a tree
which fell onto a power pole. The thunder booms were so loud it sounded like a bomb dropped..made
me jump. I'm in NW Florida. Not sure if I recall seeing a rectangular or x marks the spot storm cell.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

I had never seen a cell this shape before either! That's why I got the screen shot. I hope I never come across another headed my way!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
according to her weather map, i live about 30 minutes northeast from the op of this thread. the storm tore limbs out of my oak trees about 11 inches in diameter, and blew over a section of privacy fence. we had a spot of rough weather there. glad no one was hurt.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

I saw those storms on the radar!! Glad no more damage happened to your area!

link   

...awww, sorry about your toe... sounds like one of my graceful stunts, lol...
...miz tiger lily - love it... what a great face she has...

link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

What your dad described sounds like a microburst. Knocks a plane out of the sky once in awhile when all the air in one spot all rushes down to the ground. Interesting to have seen one like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Freaky
sorry if i am going to say this are the TPTB targeting ATS Users Now with a weather weapon?

Glad to see you survived it through.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

We think she is a German Shepherd mix, just unsure what the 'mix' part is!
She is spoiled rotten and loves water unlike any other dog I have ever owned!

reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

Yep, most DEFINITELY 'interesting'!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It certainly seemed as though we were a 'target' today! Of whose or what, I can't imagine!

But that's just my conspiracy side getting carried away, probably....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
she looks just like my friends shepard akiba (is that how its spelled?) mix
beautiful dog, glad your okay!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

I think it's an 'Akita' you're thinking of, and I just googled those images and WOW!!! I think that's what Tiger Lily is!

Thanks!!

edit on 8/25/11 by jennybee35 because: !!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Cool screen shot, and that is an Odd shape. I am glad that everyone is alright, and hopefully the repairs will not be too costly. Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

We have got the repairs handled, thankfully! Our roof and house held up amazingly well, considering the size of that tree.

I would like to know about that storm cell, tho. Anyone with any weather knowledge got an idea about why this was shaped like that?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Microburst?

they are best detected by lidar and doppler radar maybe it was something like this you were seeing

edit on 8/25/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Well, according to NOAA, here is a typical microburst signature:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b5928ce642b.png[/atsimg]

Taken from NOAA.gov

So I am not sure that this was a microburst.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah I'm not sure either just a thought I had

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

from the looks of the last picture, it looks like the inner part of the tree is rotten. if so, the tree was due to fall! I remember one day when I was living in Vegas sitting at work and all of the sudden I heard a huge thud. The building and floor shook. I went outside and saw the old mullberry tree had split in half. the tree was over 40 yrs old and had rotted 2/3 of the way thru the trunk. There were no storms or wind.

Glad your ok...may need to clear other trees around the house incase its spread to the other trees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join