Particle collider edges forward

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The scientists involved in the International Linear Collider project have agreed on the make of technology to house there Superconducting tech that creates its particle collsions. The Physcists who spoke in a conference in Beijing are moving forward in one of the amazing projects of the 21st century.

news.bbc.co.uk
Physicists told a Beijing conference that the multi-billion-dollar project should use superconducting technology to create its particle collisions.

These would be high-energy impacts inside a 30km-long laboratory.

Europe is currently building a Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at its Cern laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland, and this is expected to open up a new research frontier when it becomes operational in 2007.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well apart from a lot of long words and completly confusing details this is quite exciting!!

I havent heard of this project before and i didnt find anything on it on here so i decided to post it.

Its going to be very exciting time for when the day comes to test the equipment, one day i hope will shake the physics community and change the way of science research.

Well done guys!

Related News Links:
www.interactions.org
public.web.cern.ch
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov

[edit on 21-8-2004 by John bull 1]

new topics

join