It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel UAV killing machine.(I guess it gets the assist)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As if their isn't enough death happening already.
Source

The newly unveiled spying UAV, dubbed Ghost, is an almost silent drone that weighs 9 pounds (nearly 4 kilograms), UPI reported.The twin-rotor vertical take-off drone is designed for special clandestine operations in urban areas and has a range of around 2.5 miles (four kilometers), a flight endurance of 6 hours and speed of around 37 miles (59.5 kilometer) an hour.
The device can be carried in backpacks, along with spare batteries and a computer, by two soldiers who control it from a laptop computer.

Music is a little dramatic,thought I'd let you know before hand.

Doesn't appear to be to impressive.Also there is any audio available to back up the claims of it'd silence.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How the hell is that a *killing machine*
It has a camera on it..

NOT BOMBS..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Lol not exactly a killing machine......just a remote controlled helicopter that will probably cost the taxpayer a fortune.

If it only weighs 4kg....it can probably only carry a single hand grenade

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

\
If it only weighs 4kg....it can probably only carry a single hand grenade

Or half a pound of C4, silently over say, a tank, barracks, anything, from 30 miles away. Yea deadly.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Could carry laser targetting though which would make it quite handy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not really a 'killiing machine' but its still a cool little machine. Imagine if someday these things could be mass produced and run autonomously, removed from a purely militaristic setting and incorporated into civilian life, big brother style? Imagine looking out the window of your house and seeing this silent machine just hovering there looking at you? I would probably freeze in my tracks while I tried to make heads and tails of the situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This looks like a platform that will carry the targeting system or perform the recon before the platform that IS carrying the weapons comes into range and starts firing. So, in a way, I guess it's a killing machine...but..?

On one hand here, the Israeli's catch the blame for being pretty indiscriminate in past campaigns and bombing because of human limitations and what the aircraft simply can't do for precision. Yet, when they develop something like this which may really increase accuracy and hence, lower unrelated casualties in future attacks, they get bashed just as hard. They can't win either way.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Its just a toy helicopter with a camera....i dont see how this is new?

I doubt you would use it to drop c4 onto tanks when the range is only 2.5 miles...which means 1.25 miles when you take into account it has to return. What would 0.5lb of c4 do to a tank?? Dent it maybe.....they are armored

As if you wouldnt notice one of these hovering around your head like in the vid. If you were blind, yea maybe it would work, but all us people with normal 20/20 vision would spot this in an instant.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
silent my ass and i'm not gunna notice a flying weiner dog outside my window
lmao ..........jews

top topics

join