It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Liked, But Most Ignored Presidential Contender.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
And it is NOT Ron Paul!

That's right, there is a man, that is NOT a career politician, that once people listen to him and his stand on the issues, he rates higher than the one the media has picked for us.

Herman Cain

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ac2eab385c7.gif[/atsimg]
click the link for the full sized picture, Cain beats Perry in every category.
www.gallup.com...
I know, I KNOW! he likes the Fed and used to work for them and I am NOT voting for him but it still pisses me off that the media ignores someone that would definitely have a chance of beating Obama simply because it isn't the ONE that they want and is "fringe" in their puritan eyes.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
herman cain
ex Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

SSDC Same Stuff Different Candidate.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
herman cain
ex Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

SSDC Same Stuff Different Candidate.

Yes yes, he is a fed baby, but that is not what is pissing me off, it is the media up to their old tricks of picking the candidate for us.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
lemme guess a msm poll.. if soo lmao @ sarah palin, if its a msm poll you should know #s rigged

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

It's a Gallup poll.
I personally think the ATS polls are more accurate, at least I trust them more.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
And it is NOT Ron Paul!

Soooo... IMHO, you kind of sound more AGAINST Ron Paul, than you are FOR Herbert Cain.

That's fine, but it's also just kind of hating.

You seem passionate, that's good,
but maybe focus that on doing something positive with that passion, instead of going out of your way to justify your disliking of Mr. Paul, or anyone for that matter.

Ron Paul is a great candidate. You may not agree with him on EVERYTHING, but find me a person on this Earth who you do agree with about everything. Ron will give you back the power to have a more direct impact on your local/state government. No other current top-contender offers that. And sure, perhaps there is someone out there even better than Ron, I believe it's very possible, but let's take the momentum that Ron Paul already has and unite together to actually make a change?

Namaste.
edit on 24-8-2011 by eleven44 because: more thoughts

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

I actually am planning on voting for Ron Paul. A little off track here but a couple of concerns I have about RP is that he wants the gold standard which means our economy can only grow as fast as we can acquire gold from Africa. So, like oil, we (our economy) will be at the mercy of some dictator.
Another thing that is bothering me about RP is that he is ok with the crazies in Iran having nuclear weapons. These people shouldn't even be allowed to have guns but he is ok with them having nukes? They for sure would use it against Israel and they for sure would retaliate. Can you say middle Eastern fall out raining our way?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

So you rather have the massively unstable economy that we have now rather than SOUND economy that we DID have prior to being removed from the gold standard?

Gold + NO Federal Reserve

or

No gold + No federal Reserve?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

So you rather have the massively unstable economy that we have now rather than SOUND economy that we DID have prior to being removed from the gold standard?

Gold + NO Federal Reserve

or

No gold + No federal Reserve?
Don't put words in my mouth. I don't recall saying I want the economy we have now. I was simply stating that RP needs to come up with a better argument than simply getting back on the gold standard.
What is your suggestion?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If there is a media conspiracy to give Herman Cain no press, it probably has to do with supporting the fair tax. Eliminating the income tax and switching to a sales-tax based consumption tax is exactly the type of topic which should be in the public arena and discussed more. Is it viable? Is it not?

Or we can just stick with what we got. It's pretty good too.

edit on 24-8-2011 by ACitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ACitizen

Either the fair tax or the flat tax, either one as long as the IRS is closed down.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The fair tax and the flat tax are horrible ideas.

I'm glad Herman Cain isn't getting any media attention, he's just a typical neocon and we all know their views and opinions on the issues.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
The fair tax and the flat tax are horrible ideas.

I'm glad Herman Cain isn't getting any media attention, he's just a typical neocon and we all know their views and opinions on the issues.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

Why do you believe the fair tax and flat tax are bad ideas? Do you believe the system as it stands now is better?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I support the FairTax. I have read the 2 Boortz books about it, and it sounds like the best way to get our economy back on track. Most of all, it makes America attractive for businesses.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Why do you believe the fair tax and flat tax are bad ideas?

What's fair about taxation?

Do you believe the system as it stands now is better?

Eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing. Instituting a national pay to live tax is just as moronic as the income tax.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I support the FairTax. I have read the 2 Boortz books about it, and it sounds like the best way to get our economy back on track. Most of all, it makes America attractive for businesses.

Neal Boortz? You seriously take his economic opinion seriously?

He's not a smart person.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Should believe that

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Neal Boortz? You seriously take his economic opinion seriously?

He's not a smart person.

I disagree.

Also, you don't think he made up the idea of the FairTax himself, do you?

www.rometeaparty.org...

In the early 1990s, Leo Linbeck and a group of wealthy Texas businessmen created a plan to successfully save Texans 1.5 billion dollars in insurance premiums. This success spurred these individuals to then donate 22 million dollars of their own money to create the Tax Research Council. This council then funded a thorough and scholarly research program whose goal was to create a federal tax plan that would replace the oppressive income tax code that we currently have. It was patriotism on the part of these men, pure and simple. Each of them knew that they had spent thousands of hours over the years determining business choices based on tax implications rather than on what was good for their employees, shareholders, or customers. They knew there had to be a better way to fund America’s federal government.

After countless hours of examining others’ attempts at tax reform ideas, these businessmen came to the conclusion that something fresh and new needed to be created from scratch. Simply tweaking the existing plan was not the answer America needed. It was just too far gone.

Polls were conducted among citizens of all political parties around the nation to find out what Americans really wanted. The results were up to an 85 percent agreement that tax reform was past due.

This was followed by focus groups in four major cities to refine the ideas that had been accumulated from the polls. These ideas were then sent to some of the best tax economics minds in the private sector, including Boston University, Harvard, MIT, Stanford and several others to crunch the numbers and come up with a comprehensive solution. The Fair Tax holds the distinguishing honor of being the most thoroughly studied public policy issue ever to be introduced in Congress.

Once the plan had taken shape in 1997, another nationwide poll using a diverse array of methodologies and multiple rounds of testing was conducted to get feedback. The results of television, radio, and print advertising campaigns conducted in several parts of the country were nothing short of phenomenal. The American people loved it: the Fair Tax surpassed all other alternatives that were offered! FairTax.org was overwhelmed with positive citizen responses both to the Fair Tax idea, as well as to their willingness to convey their sentiments to Congress.

In 1999, the Fair Tax legislation, H.R.25, written largely by Rob Woodall was introduced in the House by Congressman John Linder, and as S13 by Senator Saxby Chambliss in the Senate. Because the creators of the Fair Tax were well aware that the illegal and oppressive Sixteenth Amendment would always be the sword of Damocles hanging over the head of the Fair Tax and the American citizens, H.R.16 was also introduced that would require the Sixteenth Amendment to be repealed at the same time that the Fair Tax is enacted.

But in spite of the millions of dollars and years of work that went into the Fair Tax development before it was ever introduced to public debate or Congress, these incredible businessmen who had donated so many of their resources into the plan did not anticipate the Great Wall of China with which they would be confronted in Washington. As of this writing, it has now been twelve years since its introduction, and while there has been great progress, there are still many legislators who are totally uninformed about the Fair Tax, or who have self-serving lobbyists who are telling them not to support it.

Change tends to make all of us uncomfortable, so it is understandable that many American citizens as well as politicians approach the Fair Tax with some fear. Allow me to allay some of those fears by pointing out that two of the largest economies in the world (Florida and Texas) depend almost solely on sales taxes. By contrast, empires of history that have relied solely or primarily on income, poll, or head taxes usually plundered civil rights, have inevitably supported despots, and eventually collapsed their economies. It’s time to re-think the income tax.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Off topic but you do realize that you need to do more research on Ron Paul and his plan to strengthen the dollar by backing it with gold reserves. The dollar would be augmented by the value of gold held by the US and still be able to grow with the GDP.

As for Herman Cain, the guy is just another big banking exec only the bank he worked for was the Federal Reserve. Do you really think he has the best interest of Americans at heart?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Do you really think he has the best "interest' of Americans at heart?

Sure he does!!

He'd make sure every US citizen is paying as much "interest" as possible on their ever increasing deficit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join