It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Taxes Are Back, Watch Your Wallet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
These people continue to amaze me, the U.N. is trying for there global taxation, plain again
Gas tax, air travel you name it, these people will never get a dime from me if I can help it, there nothing but thief�s and crooks

www.cfif.org
Like a bad sequel to a rotten horror movie, the debate over global taxation once again is rearing its ugly head � courtesy of the United Nations. And, despite lacking the requisite hockey mask and chain saw, the seemingly countless proposals for the imposition of global taxes are truly terrifying.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

E-mail tax
A tax on fossil fuels like gasoline, coal, oil and natural gas
Currency transaction tax (CTT)
International air transport tax
Aviation Fuel Tax
Just to name a few,

what a joke wealthy nations will foot the bill, to and this cracks me up, ' reducing poverty, fighting Aids, I have news for the UN. I live day by day with what money I have, I will not be giving to these clowns

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Sauron]

[edit on 8-20-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
email tax how stupid is that, i can understand tax on fossil fuels and international air travel, but email??

i will refuse to pay a stupid tax on something that is basically free (well you have to get internet access first).

we (as a whole, i.e the people of the world) pay enough taxes as it is, i have been working in my current job for just over a month now. i have earnt just over $3000 (AU) and roughly $1000 has been payed in taxes, that is how much we have taxes, not to mention GST, taxes for fuel, electricity, water etc.

maybe this wont see the light of day

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I pay so much tax now, they'll have to talk to the Canadian gov't. I don't have anything left.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can't believe that this will have a chance at getting passed. This is a direct violation of the independence of every nation in the UN. If this somehow gets through I hope the US immediately withdraws from the UN

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wow, I mean, what if our respective countries accepted this. Where would be left to protest? It would just turn out like everything else, people protesting and nothing able to be done. That would suck if it happened.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies2
email tax how stupid is that, i can understand tax on fossil fuels and international air travel, but email??...i will refuse to pay a stupid tax on something that is basically free...maybe this wont see the light of day

Now there's an idea. How about we all refuse to pay any taxes until they straighten their
up?
Well, one can dream.

[edit on 8/21/2004 by Strianissa]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If it is passed, whoever was in charge of the USA portion of it will get mighty unpopular, very fast!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hmmm...but what does popularity matter when your wallet is full?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strianissa
Hmmm...but what does popularity matter when your wallet is full?

Also very true!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And the UN is already corrupt. Now they need more money for bigger corruption?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
And the UN is already corrupt. Now they need more money for bigger corruption?

You can use that analogy with any government. NWO baby!... here we come!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Having actually read the article, I have to say I've just shat in my pants.

Or not.

Having realised it was another right wing spunk fest; I managed to curtail myself for the next rabid exaggeration of imminent left wing doom. I�ll let you know right now I had a hard time. While my brethren were had at work ripping me off for every single penny I had, I managed to fight off urchins on the street trying rabidly to get me to spend my money 'wisely'. Don�t worry, I assure you; they got the sharp end of my tongue and no mistake.

If you�re poor or about to die why do you expect me to give a #? Why don�t you go crawl into a corner and die somewhere that you won�t annoy everybody. Eh?

By the way, I believe in JEEZUS! So should you, and then you might not be so poor you filthy annoying peasant you!

Oh yes, the article. It was a proposal by one European politician. Not reality, not even near it. Though it looks like it wouldn�t go amiss by some sensibilities�

Basically the questions are:

Is it going to happen?............ No.

Does it make for good copy?...........Yes.

top topics

join