It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Commercial

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysandguitar

Thanks so much and when I finally finished my tome and saw your replies, I was like "damn he/she's good" and concise to boot - an ability I admire. As you can see, I have a tendency to be a bit wordy. Anyway, there's a mutual admiration society going on here. Great to exchange ideas with ya and I'm much appreciative of your compliments on my avatar. With that said, don't let the sweetness of it completely fool you - as I said, perception is everything but for a sweetie like you, it's pure...

TG

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Yes, it is creepy. It seems to imply that there's nothing wrong with filming someone without their knowledge or consent. Then on top of that putting it up on facebook for the whole world to see. You could argue that he was in a public place and no ill intent was meant by it, but what about common decency? This man is at the airport so he probably bought a ticket. Which means he spent his money for a certain service that is a SERVICE and not a PRIVILEDGE. His privacy and well being should be guaranteed by paying for this service. But that argument is for another thread.
As for the commercial- vaguely reminiscent of Brave New World where privacy is gone and everyone is property of everyone else. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
wow, yeah, the people who feel the creepy vibe and can express why without taking 2 pages, kudos.. lol.. i dont spend much time on expressing things anymore, but its awesome to know other people get it.

maybe its just as simple as whether or not you read classic dystopian literature as a kid? haha. brave new world and 1984... i see it all around me, i remember when saying that was a joke or a bluff, you didnt really mean it..
it was like calling someone "hitler".. they may be horrible, but theyre probably not committing mass genocide.

but i mean it now, its no joke. if someone came to us from the past, they would freak out.

that ad is creepy, lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I thought the same thing at first but have come to the conclusion that they are supposed to be friends.

Put simply, that's not relevant.
Taking pictures of people without their consent is flipping RUDE. Posting said picture on the Internet without said person's consent is extremely rude, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

am i alone in finding this creepy?

no i find it creepy to, but the thing is even without this the same can be done anyway, anyone can take a picture of you and upload it to facebook, it would just take a bit longer than usual. this just makes it faster, it does not change the fact it can be done, only the speed.

so if you see a problem with this you must have a problem with any camera in general and the internet.
i could take a picture of you sleeping in the airport with a normal camera and post it on facebook when i got home. it makes no difference.

but........ it is creepy, but it was creepy before, but did you notice it then?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I agree: Creepy.

We should be more aware of something that only a few people talk much about:

The web is basically a huge database. And everyone who uses it very much has a dossier in that database. And the civilized rule about dossiers is that nothing goes in without a copy to the person who it's about so he can challenge it if he feels it is false or irrelevant. If the challenged data (or image) is not removed, then at least the challenge to it is added as part of the record.

We don't have a system like that today. Most of the big groups who run the cloud deny that it is used for data collection purposes that government agencies would have access to. I say that's BS. We all know that they at least have financial records for every person who has ever filed Income Tax. And medical records for anyone who has received Medicare. Then there are all the banking transactions, all the emails. And so on and so forth.

So instead of promoting their smartphone with a Facebook button with something like a bunch of friends posing for a picture in a restaurant, they use this situation where the guy has a picture taken of him and didn't even realize it. That's creepy.

Of course, people get their pictures randomly into news photos and so forth all the time. They are just nameless people so what does it matter? So this ad is a borderline example of how the technology can be abused.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
stop living in the tv, those actors arent real people. they are not friends, they are not really in an airport, that guy wasnt really sleeping.

if real friends did this in real life i dont think it would really bother me.
if my own friends did this to me i think id get over it.

what bothers me is that these two companies created this product and this commercial.
i already know theyre creeps, so everything they do is already automatically tainted.

but this one is really obvious.
its like a joke. a hilarious kick in the balls.
"ha ha look how blind you are cant even see it when we wave it around right in front of you."

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Maybe I missed something but it just looks like another dumb commercial to me!

Enlighten me one what you found creepy, please.

People taking pics of you and posting them on internet without your permission and you dont find it creepy?

Send me your email and a few pics of you then mate so I can haz some fun, no?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

i didn't like this commercial from the first time i saw it aired. i think it's because of the painful truth that if you are in public you may become someone else's YouTube or FB mockery. everyone has embarrassing moments they would rather not share with the world. the ever-present threat of being memorialized probably already inhibits some people and keeps them from being their self.

on the other side of those who are camera upload happy is the risk they run of focusing in on someone who goes ballistic because they've been photographed against their will.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What's so creepy ?

Do you have friends ?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Op I agree with you. Mainly because ATT is an "NWO" company and can be up to no good. Then there is the "blue beam"; the illuminati-esque pyramid; and the way that they tell him to go back to sleep and he instantly complies. Smacks of weak brained sheeple and the mind controlling masters. Guess who ATT thinks who is who???

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
oh, but wait...this could be a good thing when used against abusive goose steppers

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No, you are not alone. It is creepy and worrisome. Anyone can take a pic of anyone and post it right on Facebook. Period.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I understand why you think it's "creepy" based on what you've said. However, I simply view it as marketing and consumer psychology. The fact that there is even a discussion going onabout this commercial means they have run a successful sales campaign. Stay away from FB because you're worried about privacy yet you frequent an on-line conspiracy forum? Do you really think there is a difference?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I found this one to be more disturbing, well maybe a little hot

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It is a little disturbing. Makes it OK to spy and post photos of others online for the world to see. It is also along the lines of all our new television programming that glorifies other peoples submission, disgust, humiliation, embarrassment, fear, sorrow, infidelity, outrage, predatory tendencies.... Nothing is sacred, nothing off the table.
It removes personal respect and intimacy, even reason to care about our fellow man - from us just a little bit more. Pushing an envelope of civility until we are completely compassionless, unrelated energy units competing against one another to survive. Then I think they will be able to say they won. We were not really worth saving after all. (fall of angels - jealousy)
We are already humiliating and one upping each other to keep a few steps ahead of the game and feed our family on this relentless merry-go-round called Life on Earth. Remember that while we ride others WATCH, make us live in the funhouses, design the thrill rides and steer us through an obstacle course. (The Watchers)

Precautionary note - Anything diabolical and as a precursor to one world enslavement will be ushered in by ATT, ATT will be instrumental - you can bet the farm on that.

Edit: I just read timid gals post and find it interesting. And I think she is right. Now take it a step farther and speculate WHO might perpetuate such a deception and why...we know much of the media is owned. NWO? Bilderburgs? I'd like to take a wild guess at an ancient society that has been in power so long they don't know what it's like NOT TO RUN THINGS and by now I think we'd be lost without them as illustrated below.

Something I found disturbing yesterday, in fact I might start a thread on it.
It is a kids show...Between the Lions.

Between the Lions is a children's puppet series that airs on PBS, designed to promote reading skills. The basic philosophy of the program is to get kids "wild about reading"; this is literalized through the use of a family of lions running a library: Theo and Cleo and their children Lionel and Leona. Although it is not affiliated with The Jim Henson Company or Sesame Street, it does share many similar characteristics, along with some similarities to The Electric Company. It also features many cast and crew commonly involved with Muppet productions. muppet.wikia.com...

I have nothing against teaching kids to read and I like PBS and the Muppets but sometimes you have to ask yourself who is running these companies? Is this intentional programming otherwise who is creating these commercials, running the inane blather of prime time and who is thinking up names for these kids shows?

Between the Lions.
Lets examine uses of the phrase.
Here are the words you are intended to think it is a play on. Between the lines.
This is a signal something is not being said and remains to be deciphered.
This is apparently the entire premise in a nutshell. I found that immediately odd. Then reading something yesterday I came across this Pagan God - Nergal an ancient Sumero-Babylonian deity and the god of the netherworld... an evil god who brings war, pestilence, fever and devastation

In Heraldry (a topic in itself) this symbol of 2 Lions is called an Argent - www.heraldsnet.org... these are innocent enough but if you were from the Gentry...?
Argent is a financial group - www.argentmoney.com...
Argent is data systems - www.argentdata.com...

Symbolic of this Akkadian King or (aka) Nergal? (See below)...
Cylinder seal and impression Persia, Achaemenid period (ca.550–330 B.C.)
King Standing on Sphinxes and Holding a Lion in Each Hand; Palm Tree with Winged Sun Disk

Even though cylinder seals had been carved in Mesopotamia for over three thousand years, the form was by no means exhausted by the time of the Persian conquest. Some of the most exquisite cylinders were produced in the Achaemenid workshops. On this seal it is no longer the nude bearded hero of the Akkadians who dominates the animals, but the Achaemenid king himself in a beautifully balanced yet artificial composition in which all elements are subservient to and a reflection of the king's majesty. www.themorgan.org...

http://books.google.com/books?id=n1TmVvMwmo4C&pg=PA868&lpg=PA868&dq=standing+ %20between+2+lions&source=bl&ots=f0VK_EdreA&sig=IwN_bbologQodnlPal98GLwiQcE&hl=en&ei=QnhWTpOQENC2tgeLieWmDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&sqi =2&%20ved=0CD4Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=true

Partial bas-relief slab depicting a genius facing left between two standing lions. No inscription. Only lower portion of relief preserved, broken into three pieces and weathered. Relief carved asymmetrically on the slab. Right side of slab flat and smoothed; probably had no adjacent slab; left side is cut as if once adjacent to another. Genius is barefoot, wearing a kannake (skirt of tufted materials) and short tunic. Lions wear rope belts similar to those found on the lamassu from the Northwest Palace.www.learningsites.com...

Genius in Mythology, is basically the self.

A god holding a lion-headed sceptre in each hand, possibly Nergal, Old Babylonian from Kish, 3rd millennium BC www.kunst-fuer-alle.de... -babylonian-from-kish,-3rd-millennium-bc/index.htm

Nergal is an ancient Sumero-Babylonian deity and the god of the netherworld, where he rules with his consort Ereshkigal. He is an evil god who brings war, pestilence, fever and devastation. He is sometimes regarded as representing the sinister aspect of the sun god Shamash. He is the subject of an Akkadian poem which describes his translation from heaven to the underworld. The foremost center of his cult was the city Kuthu. His attributes are the club and the sickle. www.pantheon.org...

Yes. That sounds about right.
Don't want to alarm anyone but I think we are STILL being massively manipulated by a bunch of demonic relatives of demonic gods and they make them look all warm and fuzzy on the outside but I think ultimately they will have everything, our money, our blood and our life. Time is nothing to them. I think this is an ancient Royal order and knowing we wouldn't suffer another monarchy this is the new and improved monarchy, monarchy by another name, imperialism without the pomp ceremony and nasty aftertaste... but with all the effectiveness of the old Royal Family and Rome...if you're catching my drift.
Scary.

edit on 25-8-2011 by newcovenant because: I don't know, I just got a feeling - they're making asses of us all.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh wow, not only do I find it extremely worrisome, but I am shocked that so many people in this thread don't even see the problem. Think about this- anything you do, ANYTHING, is one button away from being plastered all over the Internet. If it's on Facebook and it's the least bit juicy, it will spread from there like a Texas wildfire. It might be something small like picking your nose while driving, or something that could wreck your life like a guy getting caught cross-dressing. The Internet is forever, once a compromising photo of you makes it there it'll follow you the rest of your life. And now here's a phone that makes it easier for strangers to capture you than ever. This is a huge invasion of privacy issue.

By the way, in Japan they have to use electronic devices to block phone operation in public restrooms because so many people were photographing others changing clothes and going to the bathroom. Aren't phone cameras convenient?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
wow, yeah, the people who feel the creepy vibe and can express why without taking 2 pages, kudos.. lol.. i dont spend much time on expressing things anymore, but its awesome to know other people get it.

maybe its just as simple as whether or not you read classic dystopian literature as a kid? haha. brave new world and 1984... i see it all around me, i remember when saying that was a joke or a bluff, you didnt really mean it..
it was like calling someone "hitler".. they may be horrible, but theyre probably not committing mass genocide.

but i mean it now, its no joke. if someone came to us from the past, they would freak out.

that ad is creepy, lol.

Remember HAL?

"Just what do you think you are doing Dave?"

What an odd coincidence...Look who HAL is now:

HAL = Halliburton Company (NYSE)
www.google.com...:HAL

edit on 25-8-2011 by newcovenant because: Of course I am not making any connections - That would be ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
this makes me want to delete my facebook entirely

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join