It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Being bombarded??? Please comfirm!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, On facebook today a friend posted this as her status...

."In the past 72 hours Israeli cities (Not military camps, cities!) have been bombarded by over 84 rockets, killing a number of civilians and forcing one million Israelis into bomb shelters throughout southern Israel. This has not reached the news at all. No mention of this is on CNN, BBC or SKY. If you condemn targeting missiles on civilians including children, please put this message on your status. Wherever I stand, I stand with Israel."

The thing is, shes only 15 and not into that stuff. can anyone confirm Israel being bombed and if so by who?

Sorry for the short post, im on my phone and dont have good internet service right now...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

A renewed barrage of rockets hit Israel's south on Wednesday evening. Five grad rockets fell in open areas, one near Ofakim, one south of Ashkelon and three in Be'er Sheva. Rockets also fell in the Eshkol Regional Council. A toddler was lightly injured after a rocket hit a private car in the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council.

Barrage of rockets hits southern Israel (Haaretz)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

you have not heard yet, Israel has been under attack from it's southern border since Thursday, August 17th. This is being drastically underreported in the news, so it's difficult to have up-to-date information. The attacks began on August 17th when an Israeli bus traveling near the southern border with Egypt was attacked by a rocket. More barrages against Israel quickly ensued including mortars and anti-tank missiles. All in all, eight people were killed (six civilians and two Israeli security forces) in the attack along with another thirty injured. The Israeli government found the Palestinian terrorist group Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) responsible for the attacks. PRC is based in the Gaza strip and has ties to the terrorist groups Hamas and Hezbollah. Israel responded with counter air strikes against the PRC headquarters killing the head of the PRC and two of it's members while staving off more rocket attacks from Israel. Fighting has continued since, but a new round of attacks came on August 24th when two rockets were launched into an open area on the southern border, injuring a baby. The skirmish resulted in the deaths of two Palestinian militants (one linked the attacks the week before), over a dozen rockets launched at Israel and strong Israeli reinforcement on their southern border

technorati.com... londoners/

I found this info

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinair1

Afaik no Israelis have died, a child was "lightly wounded". I think around 10 rockets have been fired from Gaza over the five days or so.

"Seven rockets fired earlier in the evening fell in open areas and caused no injuries or damage." via Haaretz "Latest update 02:01 25.08.11"

Several Palestinians are reported to have been killed by the Israeli military after the Egyptian & Palestinian terrorist attacks in the Sinai last Thursday.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Several PALESTINIANS KILLED again. /end story.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Okay thank you guys... Just needed confirmation

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I did a quick search and found this latest link. From what I can tell, it seems militants have been firing rockets at Israel and Israel is retaliating with airstrikes.

Gaza militants fire rockets, Israel hits back

JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants fired rocket barrages that wounded an Israeli baby Wednesday, and Israel retaliated with airstrikes that killed four Gaza fighters, Gaza officials said.

The new round of violence began last Thursday when gunmen, apparently from Gaza, crossed the border from Egypt and ambushed cars and buses in southern Israel, killing eight people. That was followed by massive Palestinian rocket attacks and retaliatory Israeli airstrikes

Palestinians fired more than a dozen rockets into Israel Wednesday, sending residents in Ashkelon and elsewhere in the south running for cover. A baby was injured by shrapnel from one of the Palestinian rockets, Israel's rescue service said.

edit on 24-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

I did a quick search and found this latest link. From what I can tell, it seems militants have been firing rockets at Israel and Israel is retaliating with airstrikes.

Gaza militants fire rockets, Israel hits back

JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants fired rocket barrages that wounded an Israeli baby Wednesday, and Israel retaliated with airstrikes that killed four Gaza fighters, Gaza officials said.

The new round of violence began last Thursday when gunmen, apparently from Gaza, crossed the border from Egypt and ambushed cars and buses in southern Israel, killing eight people. That was followed by massive Palestinian rocket attacks and retaliatory Israeli airstrikes

Palestinians fired more than a dozen rockets into Israel Wednesday, sending residents in Ashkelon and elsewhere in the south running for cover. A baby was injured by shrapnel from one of the Palestinian rockets, Israel's rescue service said.

edit on 24-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

go palestinians!!!!!!! get your land back!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Why arent the Palestinians attacking the UN? The UN is who who gave Israel land.

Oh i know why. The Palestinians are freaking IDIOT ANIMALS WITH LOW INTELLIGENCE thats why. Okay makes sense. We can all go to bed now. Thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh, and before it is brought up, please nobody refer to a "Palestine". There is no such country-it doesnt exist. There are "Gazans" and "West Bankians" however. There ya go. 'Nuff said. Dont like it? Tell the Palestinians to go to Egypt or whatever country STILL WONT TAKE THEM. LMAO!!!!!

edit on 24-8-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

go palestinians!!!!!!! get your land back!!!!!!!!

I fail to see how provoking a superior military power by inflicting little more than superficial damage and killing innocent people is a winning strategy.

Like it or not - the overwhelming majority of Israelis were born in the country they now live within and have created lives and families there. They have proven, time and time again, that they are not going to be easily removed.

Were I Israel, the logical solution is extermination of Palestine. That's harsh - but they are an invalid power incapable of anything more than racking up a couple hundred kills a year and inflicting damage of negligible concern. They are unwilling to be reasoned with. Extermination is the logical solution that produces the best outcome for the valid power in the equation.

There are international factors to consider - but the bottom line is that Palestine could be wiped out long before interloping could take place. That is the only solution that offers practical reduction in casualties over time. I'm certain people out there vehemently disagree based on subjective arguments - but the only valid counter-argument involves a response from the rest of the Arab world - currently in turmoil handling civil riots and unrest.

Unless someone has some kind of practical way of getting Palestinians to sit down and discuss practical solutions that involve them remaining on the surface of the planet.... there really aren't a whole lot of other sensible options baring building a giant space ship or something equally silly.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Hey, man, who died & made you God??!! How dare you suggest genocide is the answer to any solution just like a freaking Nazi. By doing so you suggest that Israel has or should become no better than Nazis. Think carefully before you post ANYTHING on this site again- now that the world is on the threshold of WWIII. I'm surprised that your post survived the mods. SHAME ON YOU!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Try picking up a history book once in a while would you? Oh wait... I forgot.. "God" gave the land to the jews right? They are the "chosen people right"? Well... not everyone believes a Fiction Book to be true. Palestinians have a right to their land, just as much as any "Israeli". Period.

The day will come when Israel will piss off a country that doesn't throw rocks. And I honestly can't wait for that day.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

How can you expect Palestinians to sit down and come to an agreement with Israel? Honestly. Put yourself in their shoes. Here.. I'll help.

I come to your home and decide that your front yard is now mine. God gave it to me. You have no more claim to it. Its mine.

A few years later I tell you that your back yard now belongs to me. You disagree with me so I shoot up your house. Hey.. I have a right to defend "my" land.

A few more years go by and I decide that your house is mine too. You can go live in the basement. But you can't leave the basement. And your not allowed any food or supplies. You just have to sit down there and deal with it. If you get hurt or anyone in your family gets hurt.. too bad. Stay there. If anyone comes to help you we will capture them and force them to leave.

By this point you are real pissed off. But being cut off from everything, how are you supposed to fight back? You throw a few rocks up at me. I come downstairs and kill a bunch of your family members. You were threatening my well being and way of life. I have a right to take over your home. A book said so. Its mine now and I will defend myself from your rocks.

So honestly... in that scenario.. would you be expected to come upstairs and make a "deal" with me? I suppose you would come upstairs and just say "Hey you know what? Your right.. I'll just go move to a neighbors house".

Come on... get real. And extermination? Nice one. When Iran is misquoted as saying Israel should be "wiped off the map" people freak out at those "savage Muslims". But in your mind the best solution is to wipe out the Palestinians because they can't effectively defend themselves???? And what next? What happens if Israel does take over Gaza and the rest, and then decides they want Syria or Egypt? Do we wipe them out too?

Let Israel deal with their own problems. America should back out of the equation. Then I bet Israel would change their tune. But their knowledge that America is blindly allied with them, lets them act like a punk on the block.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How many PALESTINIANS have died? Alot more i'll wager.
2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Hey, man, who died & made you God??!!

Being able to identify the factors influencing your country and weigh their impact is generally associated with sentient beings.

Being God is not a requirement to identify a threat and logically explore methods of handling it. In my case, however, it does come in handy.

How dare you suggest genocide is the answer to any solution just like a freaking Nazi.

When you have an infestation of bed bugs, what do you do? Exterminate them. When you see a bucket full of mosquito larvae, you spill the water out to prevent the spread of various diseases.

When a sovereign power is subjected to acts of aggression from a lesser power, this is akin to a bed bug or mosquito biting a human being. Most of the time - it's a nuisance and nothing more. Occasionally, it causes real problems. At the end of the day - the bugs contribute little to the quality of life, and removal of them is only logical.

Comparing that to ideas of racial superiority and a birthright to dictate is quite far out there. The Nazis were not the first to kill large numbers of people, and certainly don't have the corner market in that regard.

By doing so you suggest that Israel has or should become no better than Nazis.

This is where you don't get it. It's not about better or worse - good or bad. It's about a contest of wills and desires to dominate a given limited resource. The Palestinians wish to dominate the land the Israelis are on. The Israelis wish to dominate their current residence. The Palestinians are willing to launch militant attacks on Israel and cause harm to its people and property with no real ability to seize land from Israel.

The point of a nation is mutual defense of its citizens - perhaps the most primal cause for our social behavior, to begin with. Israel is under attack by a power that refuses to negotiate or cease its attacks. Israel will have to address and eventually neutralize the threat, or undermine the very reason for its existence by not taking action.

Think carefully before you post ANYTHING on this site again

It's often said that, upon encountering a sufficiently intelligent species, we would not even recognize it as being intelligent, as the basic axioms of their thought process would be complete gibberish beyond our grasp.

now that the world is on the threshold of WWIII.

What rock have you been under? World War III started the day the Russians broke the German lines and lasted into the early 90s (though I suppose you could say World War II never really ended). In either case - the world has always been on the brink of war somewhere or another. Humans are a predatory mammal - it only stands to reason. There's no sense in fearing death or fearing the day you have to use a weapon. Manipulate what factors you can to avoid unnecessary conflict, but accept that conflict is a part of life that must be managed with all of the tools available.

I'm surprised that your post survived the mods. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Remember where I insinuated you were so vastly intellectually inferior as to be incapable of recognizing my thought process as anything meaningful? It's probably not that bad... but let me point something out. The post I was responding to was -cheering- for the Palestinians and their attacks on Israel; despite the fact Palestine has zero chance of claiming any land by doing so.

At least when I suggest "genocide" - it is with a defined goal in mind that is both plausible and has a defined end to hostilities.

reply to post by DerekJR321

How can you expect Palestinians to sit down and come to an agreement with Israel? Honestly. Put yourself in their shoes. Here.. I'll help.

A pointless suggestion. Are the Native Americans on reservations abducting and killing U.S. nationals or launching impromptu ballistic weapons into nearby cities?

I come to your home and decide that your front yard is now mine. God gave it to me. You have no more claim to it. Its mine.

What history class did you flunk out of? The U.N. (or what would become the U.N.) appropriated the land for Israelis following the liberation of Europe. I take exception to the notion that the U.N. is God. That really will start a war.

A few years later I tell you that your back yard now belongs to me. You disagree with me so I shoot up your house. Hey.. I have a right to defend "my" land.

Again, what history class did you flunk out of? You're obviously literate, but liberals tend to have their history down much better. Israel has been attacked multiple times by coalition armies bent on removing them from the map. Each time, Israel has defended its borders, and counter-advanced with the result of expanding its own borders.

Seriously, the Arab nations suck so bad at invasions that they end up losing land after each one against Israel, the first being only a few years after the country was established and had no military force to speak of.

By this point you are real pissed off. But being cut off from everything, how are you supposed to fight back? You throw a few rocks up at me. I come downstairs and kill a bunch of your family members. You were threatening my well being and way of life. I have a right to take over your home. A book said so. Its mine now and I will defend myself from your rocks.

Religion has nothing to do with Israel's expansion or reason for existing. Their expansion is due to the incompetence of the Arab world. Really - it's sad when you try and invade and get your ass kicked fifty miles into your own border. They wrote a check their ass couldn't cash.

As for Israel believing it has a right to live there... you obviously feel you should have the right to live in your home, don't you?

So honestly... in that scenario.. would you be expected to come upstairs and make a "deal" with me? I suppose you would come upstairs and just say "Hey you know what? Your right.. I'll just go move to a neighbors house".

The fact of the matter is that Palestine is an irrelevant power. Their viewpoint and opinion is null on account of their incapability. Why they will or will not enter into trade talks is as irrelevant as their reasoning for attacks. Their existence is marked by being petulant and destructive. Israel has the capability and logical justification to remove them.

Likewise - if you have me locked in my basement under your house and somehow have me rendered irrelevant as a physical threat; I don't have a whole lot of options to do anything but abide by your terms or take whatever consequences you decide. I don't get to take a right. I don't get to make an emotional plea.

What I decide to do will ultimately depend upon what I determine to be of importance. I could appeal to "honor" and die against insurmountable odds as a martyr to myself, perhaps. Or, I could decide life - in some form or another - was worth sticking around for, even if it meant having to put up with you.

Let Israel deal with their own problems. America should back out of the equation. Then I bet Israel would change their tune. But their knowledge that America is blindly allied with them, lets them act like a punk on the block.

You've got a really deluded view of reality. Israel gets very little support from the U.S.. Further, they are a self-sufficient agricultural, military, and industrial power. They aren't pushovers. Just look at the Merkava IV MBT.

Considering they could wipe out Palestine with little more than a gesture, I would not rank them in the "punk" category. Palestine and the like making idle threats and acting tough because they can shoot off rockets Americans use for hobby projects... that's punk-like behavior.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I'm not gonna go step by step through your reply because obviously you don't know the true creation of the Israeli state. Lets just say it was way before WWI that Palestine was a district ruled by the Turks. IE: No Israel. AFTER WWI Britain took control of Palestine. Arabs lived there. Jews "wanted" to live there. In the early 20th century they began (the jews) to flood into the area. The UN "suggested" splitting the area into one area for Jews and another for Palestinians. The rest is history.

And if you truly believe that Israel doesn't receive a significant amount of support from the US then I don't know how to open your eyes. Lets ignore the $3 billion we give them annually. I know. That is not significant compared to other countries. How about the 30+ F22 Raptors we just basically "gave" them? Or all of the other military hardware that they "get"?

And what about the 6 Day War? The USS Liberty? All of the false flags perpetrated by Israel in order to pull the wool over Americas eyes? The theft of US nuclear secrets?

Frankly we should just butt out of the whole affair. They have been fighting for thousands of years. Let them all sort it out themselves.

And as far as "god" not being involved. Your suffering to a people who believe they are above us. At least the Talmud Jews, who believe any non-Jew is only here to serve them. They believe god GAVE them that land. They are the chosen people. Anyone else is cattle.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The situation on Southern border is tense since terror attacks and Israeli bombing in Gaza. But it is not like it is described - million in shelters? Thanks God - no.
As for number of Israeli casualties - number of dead in terror attack on 18th of August is 8.
number of dead from rockets - 2.
So check your numbers.
And for all the hopeful ones - Israel will stay where it is, it will not dissapear with magical puff. There are 7 million people living there, from different nationalities, who consider it home. Majority of them was born there.
There were Jews prior 1948 - much less then Arabs, but a notable minority. In 1800s survey there were more Jews in Jerusalem then other nationalities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join