It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have a space station when you could have a lunar base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Today I became involved in conversation with a very close friend and fellow theorist. The topic was Apollo 18, does anyone really have a clue why we never went back to the moon? What is the advantage of building a space station as opposed to building a lunar base? wouldn't it make more sense to build something so expensive on a stable platform as opposed to an orbit that will eventually deteriorate? The way I figure it a crater would be the perfect place to construct a base and also offer some protection from things bouncing across the surface of the moon. Does anyone know if there is any truth to the Apollo 18 conspiracy? I'm only asking because I haven't got a clue. The final on our theory was that if something you feared was on the moon, what better place to observe it from. Why is it that we were at cold war with Russia, but we came together on the space program. Perhaps if there was something to fear that you knew you were incapable of handling you would try to surround yourself with Allies to unite for a larger cause. Nobody has been to the Moon sense, all I ask is why?
Any input would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by exclusionzone

last year we even "attacked" the moon, so nasa could tell us what we already knew.

go figure

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by exclusionzone

this may come as a shock but we actualy never went to the moon in the first place and thats a fact. thats why we have a space station instead think about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They wanted to go to Mars instead.

www.newscientist.com...
edit on 03/17/2010 by Area51NightStandx because: No reason given

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Fuel,radiation,distance,engineering,cost.There's probably dozens of reasons why.
Your question is silly,its like saying why build a station on the moon when we can build one on mars.
Plus its common sense to build the first station in orbit.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

I guess I didn't figure that into the equation. I supose when you put it that way, that makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have heard alot of theories and conspiracies about the moon and nasa and such. It fascinates me really. The problem I have is that there are just SO many ideas and "proof" of different things that I just have no idea what the truth is. I do think there is a reason that we aren't being told why we never went back to the moon, it seems like common sense to go back to me. A lunar base would make alot more sense than ISS though, I think your right.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sounds legit this question for me!

Thanks Op.

Happy

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

the van allen belts stop us and to think we went to the moon in 1969 is crazy it was all staged at area 51. i doubt we could go to the moon today.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

We can't build a station on Mars, the Martians have strict zoning laws and won't allow us to kill the property values.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We can't build a station on Mars, the Martians have strict zoning laws and won't allow us to kill the property values.
reply to post by exclusionzone

Hahaha i heard its cloudy blue skies there now,even trees. Mars would be aweasome for a space station.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

Hey, a guy posted a pic of a Martian Mushroom just the other day, I guess anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I still have many questions about the lunar landing.. I'm sure they are answered somewhere in ATS, but the search feature gives me fits.

First off, don't we have a telescope powerful enough to take a picture of the lunar rover or "moon buggy'?

Where is it? Did they construct a grey garage?

I realize that I wasn't even born then, but the whole idea of it seems really improbable.

I personally would rather believe that we haven't gone back because of a territorial extra terrestrial presence than the whole thing being contrived.

I enjoyed reading the bibliotecapleyades findings on the subject. But in the end I am still at a loss as what to believe.

You asked a good question, and in the end there seems to be little proof of which if either story is factual.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good question OP, some just cannot get their head around the fact that something is a bit odd about the orbiting space station, and supposed no men on the moon presently.

But you ask very logical and appropriate questions.

Personally I believe men are living on the moon right now and the space station is just a halfway type of station.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

You do have to wonder why it takes so long for the Shuttle to get to the Space Station. What do they do for the extra day or so? Just consider the Space Station is visible with the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Good question, can the Space shuttle be tracked all the way to the ISS , or wherever it goes first?

new topics

top topics

join