It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the color spectrum shifted?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a couple of weeks ago I was reading about this on a site (sry I looked but can't retrieve the url right now).

This site stated that somehow the color 'red' is dissapearing from the color spectrum and that you can see the change while comparing old to new rainbow images... or doing the test yourself by creating a color spectrum with light through a prisma .
I haven't really tested it out

just wanted to trow this in here in case someone who knows howto wants to do the test.

they took this as the explenation of why the sun looks different color then it used to

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have noticed that the sun seems to be brighter each year. I use my sunglasses all year round, most days unless its raining (it is too bright even when cloudy). I have read that the sun has solar cycles, which sounds reasonable to me. I feel like I am constantly squinting against the light to the extent that it almost blinds me if I forget to wear sunglasses (even on cloudy days which can be just as bright as sunny ones). Not only is it brighter, but I agree that the sun is less yellow and more white. Not sure about colours.

I wonder whether our eyes are changing as a response to being exposed to much more extra light than before i.e. brighter tvs, laptops, hand held games like DS etc, not to mention the increase in flashing images on tv's and faster scan rates. We are also using energy saving lightbulbs, which I personally find are very dim and make it hard to see somehow. Although I prefer low lighting in the evening and at night, I still find these bulbs hurt my eyes and have a similar effect to dusk where it is hard to see things (if you know what I mean).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

i guess my point was that perhaps due to the recent solar winds and change in the earths magnetic feilds could be allowing spectrums of light through our atmosphere that our eyes have never previously encountered, perhaps oppisit waveforms of the sunlight spectrums are causing and amplification of perceived light.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The only thing I've noticed is that the sky just doesn't seem to be as blue as in my childhood.

Whether it's due to a color spectrum shift or just fond memories being color enhanced because of the World we live in today, I don't know.

Maybe in our youth, ignorance is bliss and allows things to be that much more beautiful?

Whatever it is, I miss the blue skies of my youth.

Peace.

edit on 24-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

My family concurs with you as well, also the smells after a good rain storm seam to be gone as well.

Just saying,

edit on 25-8-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I haven't noticed any colours or sunlight being different.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by humanityinsanity

This would requite a biological evolution..
Which would not happen over the course of a week, a month, a year, ect..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

not nessicarily, i think you misinterpreted, oppisit waveforms eather cancel or amplify, doesnt take evolutuion for that to happen

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by fixer1967

You probably had a shift in YOUR color spectrum.

The color spectrum doesn't shift. Our perception of it however, can.

I have not noticed anything my self. I have been hearing of more and more people talking about it. I was wondering if there was something going on that I was not noticing and it seems that there may be

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

im glad you posted this, it started a good topic, it may seem like nothing but so does the bush in front of you until the sniper bullet of truth splatters your brains on the wall, not so smart now huh, all dead on the floor, now what seemed like nothing to you just made you nothing cuz something bigger is going on, but that would be just crazy huh?, anyways ramble ramble ramble. isolated evolution can take place, maybe those who live in crowded cities and are under the influence of the media and organized society wouldnt notice but those who arent so obsessed with lifes petty issues, who pay very close attention to their environment, would notice the change, and i dont doubt the common person would by chance be able to notice small insignificant changes if the reoccured enough. but the ones who would notice are to far and few between, it could be a sign to something bigger or it could itself be a petty issue.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Whether the wavelengths are constructive or deconstructive, should be irrelevant. We see it, or we don't. We only see the visible spectrum, the spectrum doesn't shift. I see no logical reason to this conclusion. The only reason we would see different color is if our ability to see a spectrum expanded, which would take evolution.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It is possible that our perception could be shifted by new wavelengths hitting the earth, perhaps these wavelengths could cause an alteration in color vision similar to how your vision can become burned out by staring at the sun for too long. I have noticed my eye sight at the very least (unforunately ) feels much worse than it did a month ago..

I wouldn't hazard to guess the exact process, but I would find this possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
the grass is still green..my blood is red still...the longhorns hat on my desk is orange still...everything seems fine in this area.

have considered color blindness? No need to jump to crazy theories just yet..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Whether the wavelengths are constructive or deconstructive, should be irrelevant. We see it, or we don't. We only see the visible spectrum, the spectrum doesn't shift. I see no logical reason to this conclusion. The only reason we would see different color is if our ability to see a spectrum expanded, which would take evolution.

im saying the effects of an oppisite spectrum(which if im not mistaken is measured by wavelength) interacting with one of our visible spectrums could be visible, the human eye cannot see the process of combustion but he can see the flash that resulted from the combustion.

It is possible that our perception could be shifted by new wavelengths hitting the earth, perhaps these wavelengths could cause an alteration in color vision similar to how your vision can become burned out by staring at the sun for too long. I have noticed my eye sight at the very least (unforunately ) feels much worse than it did a month ago..

I wouldn't hazard to guess the exact process, but I would find this possible.

dude this is contradictory to all your replies to my comments, "We only see the visible spectrum, the spectrum doesn't shift. I see no logical reason to this conclusion. The only reason we would see different color is if our ability to see a spectrum expanded, which would take evolution. " the spectrum doesn't shift" no #, never said it did, i said we could be observing leftover light wave flux from a reaction of similar wavelengths, if you wanted to sound like you were right congrats you did it, but your statement was far from sensible

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

i have not noticed any change
But if the spectrum has shifted or our brain/eyes spectrum has widened would it not be due to a alteration in our brain or eyes (the way it interprets signals)
Potential suspects for this change if it is possible GM foods chem trails pest asides fluoride in the water or a consensuses shift starting
edit on 26-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes.The air is different. There is a haze where before it was crystal clear. Things dont look the same. Its as though I look out onto a foreign land as an observer, and am not one of the inhabitants . I ve had this feeling for some time now and call it "Head Displacement Disorder". Things just dont seem "Right". I have a scar on my face that I could swear has moved over almost half an inch as it intersects my eyebrow and I put on eyebrows everyday. I got up looked in the mirror and thought What the f------- happened?I am serious in thinking may be Im somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The sun is shining brighter, the air is different, and colours, or our perception of them in the spectrum, appear to be changing.

One evening this past week we were out at sunset. The air was pink. Thought it was crop dust at first, can be common even though its too early for harvest.

It definitely wasn't crop dust. The air literally in front of our faces, was pink.
None of us ever experienced this before.

This is at the same time there is an odd absence of birds, in a few locations on earth.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is a really vague question. Color is perceived differently under different lighting conditions. So if your inside and you notice colors are different then you remember them I suggest the first thing you do is change your light Bulb. The new lighting technology of today is moving to CFL's and LED's both of which have a different color temperature then the old incandescent bulbs we used to use. I'm a artist so color is very important to me so I use a GE Revel Bulb to give me the best spread in light temperature. As to the color of your truck auto paints have also changed significantly in the past 10 or so years, their properties allow them to appear to change color as view angel is changed... or lighting conditions.... ie. Sodium vapor or Mercury vapor street lights. Also the color pigments we use have light fastness meaning how they stand up to exposure of light such as UV light from direct sunlight which causes the fading of the color pigment over time. Video for TV has really changed over the years we moved from black and white to color using an electron beam to excite a phosphors dot in the picture tube to plasma and now LCD and next EL displays. All of them trying to reproduce real world color but most of them settling for over saturation of color to compensate for their lack of ability. So aside all that could be problems associated with age or conditions which affect the eye. Some drugs enhance or change color perception. I have only scratched the surface im sure I'v missed a lot that's why this is such a vague question. Also see color theory, additive and subtractive color mixing. Notice in additive color mixing Red Green and Blue = White and in subtractive Yellow Magenta and Cyan = Brown

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Is there a way to animate a color using the color spectrum rather than the RGB float array? The spectrum is that bar in the color inspector that you can change to cycle through the saturation colors. I want to animate an object's color from red, to "opposite end of the spectrum" red, shifting through the other colors as it animates.

For example, open the color inspector in a color variable (like the color variable you would find in a material), and make the RGB values be 255/255, 0,0. Then, move the spectrum bar from bottom to top. This will create an animating rainbow effect that I want.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In response to the article on futurepundit.com, if the solar energy output is expected to go into a decline that would make things colder. I'm just fumbling with the small amount of knowlege I have... but due to orbits, I don't believe the sun is always the same exact distance from the earth. So therefore with an energy decline couldn't that possibly spell a chilly disaster should the sun orbit too far away from the earth?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
I've noticed the grass is always greener on the other side, but that's all.

The grass is not greener, ive been there done that. Stay faithful to the one you love, it get's better
edit on 3-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join