It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the color spectrum shifted?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have been seeing post all over the web about people saying that colors just do not look right. Things look different some how. Colors being a little different than they remember. I had it happen to me today. A co-worker that sees my truck every day thought I had gotten a new truck or had my painted because he remembers it being a lite brown and now it is a dark brown. I have not noticed any color change myself but to be truthful about it I most likely would not notice a small color change. Has any one noticed any changes in the way colors look?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Colors look the same over here.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I have noticed changes in some light perception but not specifically colors.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The only thing I've noticed is that the sky just doesn't seem to be as blue as in my childhood.

Whether it's due to a color spectrum shift or just fond memories being color enhanced because of the World we live in today, I don't know.

Maybe in our youth, ignorance is bliss and allows things to be that much more beautiful?

Whatever it is, I miss the blue skies of my youth.

Peace.

edit on 24-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

I have noticed changes in some light perception but not specifically colors.

color is your eyes perceiving a certin waveform of light casted by the molecular makeup of the surface it bounces off,

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i noticed my GOLD looks greyish. yes i just cleaned it and still.

might be something bad in the air hurting our corneas or clouding our sensory perceptions.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by humanityinsanity

Yes - I guess I should be more clear. I have not noticed any differences in the colors I am perceiving. I have been noticing differences in the increasing extent to which I see light reflected, and how that reflected light appears (intensifying). I'm not complaining - it can be beautiful

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The only thing I've noticed is that the sky just doesn't seem to be as blue as in my childhood.

Whether it's due to a color spectrum shift or just fond memories being color enhanced because of the World we live in today, I don't know.

Maybe in our youth, ignorance is bliss and allows things to be that much more beautiful?

Whatever it is, I miss the blue skies of my youth.

Peace.

edit on 24-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely right about the bluer skies of the past, in my opinion. Let us also not forget the richer, yellower sunshine of yesteryear. The skies have changed a lot, but it seems that not many people have perceived this.

Other than that, colors in general look pretty much the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've noticed the grass is always greener on the other side, but that's all.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blastoff

Funny... I say all the time how the Sun used to be more yellow and not as harsh.... I remember being told not to stare at the sun to long or I could go blind, now you can't even glance at the Sun without it hurting...You can't even look towards the part of the sky near it without whiteing out your vision for a few minutes... I always notice it but kind of brush it off and blame it on my older eyes... Maybe I stared a little to long one time... Naww... It is different.

Because the brightness of the Sun varies slightly with solar activity, the new reconstruction indicates also that the Sun shines somewhat brighter today than in the 8,000 years before. Whether this effect could have provided a significant contribution to the global warming of the Earth during the last century is an open question. The researchers around Sami K. Solanki stress the fact that solar activity has remained on a roughly constant (high) level since about 1980 - apart from the variations due to the 11-year cycle - while the global temperature has experienced a strong further increase during that time. On the other hand, the rather similar trends of solar activity and terrestrial temperature during the last centuries (with the notable exception of the last 20 years) indicates that the relation between the Sun and climate remains a challenge for further research.

Here is a link to the related article on a recent study (2004):

www.futurepundit.com...

I was looking around for more info a while back and found that article that I tought was relevant,,, I was born in 1974 and this article points to 1980 as being the start of this recent "constant high"... What started the search for me was a thread here on ATS talking about colors changing on a prisim (I should have bookmarked it). The post was about the prisim rainbow not being the same anymore...

Needless to say...I'm with you... It is different... Not sure about percieving different colors but if the spectrum of light being reflected is different then I could see how the colors we percieve could also be different, though blue is still blue to me.
edit on 25-8-2011 by wastedown because: add date and spell correct

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I noticed a difference in the light, hard to explain, like everything is dimmer. It started about 8 years ago.
Not colors per say, but dimmer. When I first started to notice it , it made me dizzy

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wastedown

Funny... I say all the time how the Sun used to be more yellow and not as harsh.... I remember being told not to stare at the sun to long or I could go blind, now you can't even glance at the Sun without it hurting...You can't even look towards the part of the sky near it without whiteing out your vision for a few minutes... I always notice it but kind of brush it off and blame it on my older eyes... Maybe I stared a little to long one time... Naww... It is different.

My observations precisely, too. One day in particular a couple of weeks ago, everything was so bright I could
hardly keep my eyes open, it was painfully bright. Putting on my tinted driving glasses helped, but even they did not seem to be as dark, things were still bright. And looking at the Sun nowadays? Forget it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You probably had a shift in YOUR color spectrum.

The color spectrum doesn't shift. Our perception of it however, can.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

seems to go hand in hand with what these people are saying, light intensity is probably increasing due to our weakening atmospheric light filter(or...GLOBAL WARMING. haha just kidding), maybe letting through some other wave forms people aren't used to hence the hurting eyes(its been happening to me too) and colors may be seen different if the filter is letting in new spectrum of light, perhaps were all straining our eyes to perceive interference from these new wave forms.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Quit using hotel tooth paste. Turns out the chinese were putting antifreeze in it.

That'll mess up your vision.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have noticed the skies getting very very colourful at sunset lately

I even took some pics., Then again I never looked before.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by humanityinsanity

Humans only see a small portion of the visible spectrum. about 400-700 nm.. or Violet to about red..
The rest we just don't see. Even though there are still plenty of waves out there.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I prefer to call this summer.
It's not a conspiracy really..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Thanks Op!
Definitively something is changing !
Light is not the same, sky is more whitish.

Just observe.

Happy

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by JennaDarling

I prefer to call this summer.
It's not a conspiracy really..

Notice I was being sarcastic.

Many people are only starting to see stuff that has always been there, and because they have never noticed it before, its end of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join