It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Tornado Watch for Toronto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Toronto Under Threat From Tornado

Environment Canada has issued a tornado warning for Halton and Peel regions, while a tornado watch remains in effect for Toronto, and York and Durham regions.

Breaking:The wind is becaming up a bit, rain started coming down now so far so ok where i am.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wind is picking up here in Hamilton as well. I'm on night shift so I'll be up all night. I'll post here if I see anything interesting.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't really know about the weather in your neck of the woods, but this is really odd is it not?

When was the last time Toronto had a Tornado watch/warning?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

but this is really odd is it not? When was the last time Toronto had a Tornado watch/warning?

Well it is odd for a city to have a Tornado, i can understand getting Tornados in villages,town areas but not in a city well Toronto did have a Tornado before but it wasnt that strong.

I hope this Tornado isnt that strong, so far so good just some rain now where i am.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Insane lightning going on now just west of Hamilton. So many flashes it's like a strobe light and wind is blowing both east and west!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
just started up in Oshawa major lightning, wind and rain.....i got a feeling there's going to be a power outage

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Agreed, awesome lightshow in Hamilton. Wind is really starting to pick up as well.
edit on 24-8-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Other side of the lake here will be keeping an eye out as well. Seems it's gonna rip right between us.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
this is from stratford

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well it started raining heavy now with strong lighting.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Nothing in St. Kitts yet!
Looking forward to a good show tonight. Not looking forward to the power outage
thumbs down for tptb now knowing im in st. kitts ;D

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
im here in north york, near sauga side..
they just made it a tornado warning for sauga and brampton... :O

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Don't think I've heard of a Tornado warning in the 4 years I've been here, but we had one 2 years ago right by my office.

and at the moment, the rain is coming down hard and the lightning is going bat crap crazy! You'd swear we're in a war zone here at the moment!

www.cp24.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

I'm in Mississauga right by square one, and this is probably the most intense storm I've experienced here.Something just got hit about 1km from me now, cause I just saw sparks from a lightning strike! Whatever it was, it's down for the count.

And now my Rogers Cable has frozen up completely, so something is going on!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by jyze420

I'm in Mississauga right by square one, and this is probably the most intense storm I've experienced here.Something just got hit about 1km from me now, cause I just saw sparks from a lightning strike! Whatever it was, it's down for the count.

And now my Rogers Cable has frozen up completely, so something is going on!

yeah dude im watching the intense lightnening from the window,
thats scary cause i have bell satellite n it cuts off n i was like i wish i had rogers cable, thats so strange that would happen :S

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

Apparently it's only the MovieTime channel that's down, the others are working ok - how weird. And yes, it's God damn crazy outside. I'm going to stand on the balcony (9th floor) and have a cig. Maybe just hang it over the balcony, lightning will light it up pretty soon for me!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow crazy Lighting Rumbling
its like anti air shooting into skies just updaing the thread, and again more Rumblings.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Upgraded to tornado warning for Hamilton and surrounding areas.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
St. Kitts has massive rain and thunder and lightning, but there's not much wind at the moment.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It was a pretty nice storm, think its passed though... Weird, didn't a tornado touch down a couple days ago in Ontario?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join